mtbr member
    Jan 2004

06 fuel 98 disc tabs

I am currently setting up a top fuel 98 from the frame up. I was routing the rear disc cable on the top tube and noticed it does not fit snug in the tabs. Way to much play. The rear triangle has holes in the tabs for a zip tie, but the top tube tabs don't. Am I missing a tab insert to tighten them up? I would hate to have to zip tie around the entire top tube to hold the cable in place. Help!

mtbr member

Do you need these inserts?

Quote Originally Posted by rando
    I am currently setting up a top fuel 98 from the frame up. I was routing the rear disc cable on the top tube and noticed it does not fit snug in the tabs. Way to much play. The rear triangle has holes in the tabs for a zip tie, but the top tube tabs don't. Am I missing a tab insert to tighten them up? I would hate to have to zip tie around the entire top tube to hold the cable in place. Help!
    Mine is an '04 model. The tube is zip tied to the rear triangle, but is held in place on the top tube by these inserts. I don't know how zipties would work on the top tube since the tube slides back and forth as the suspension cycles.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That's what I'm missing! Those prob work better then the duct tape I'm using now. Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rando
    That's what I'm missing! Those prob work better then the duct tape I'm using now. Thanks

Duct tape on a fuel???

Fat Boy

Duct tape on a fuel

If you don't like duct tape on a fuel this will really boil your piss.
    11 Wraps of electrical tape holds them in place really well. I have done the same on my S Works epic without any problems at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Omg!

Quote Originally Posted by john the bed
    If you don't like duct tape on a fuel this will really boil your piss.
    11 Wraps of electrical tape holds them in place really well. I have done the same on my S Works epic without any problems at all.
    Electrical tape on a Project One???

Tastefully done though! I pictured wrapping it around the top tube I learned something!