mtbr member
    Oct 2005

'05 Klein Palomino Rear Shock Upgrade?

Have a ’05 Palomino w/ Maverick BB Link upgrade…

Just curious if there is a worthwhile rear shock upgrade available, or if the ’05 Palomino has the latest Maverick rear shock (which is what? The ML7.2 ?

Thanx, all!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is there any point of even upgrading to the 7.2? I haven't really heard what it might be.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    got no idea if there is a point to the 7.2....

but i still suffer from semi- balky shifting front and back even after a year of owning and tweaking the rig.......i love it but sometimes i sort of hate it, too

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The difference between the 7.0 (spring/air) and the 7.2/7.3 (all air) is every bit as much of an upgrade as the Maverick swing link. You will have much better small bump compliance and will find it easy to use most of your travel. I found the 7.0 to be excessively overdamped and harsh. Never was able to use more than 1/2 - 2/3 of the travel. Maverick used to have a shock exchange program for $200; call them. Between the shock and swing-link upgrades, you will have the bike that Klein should have built.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    any idea which rear shock was OEM on the '05 Palomino?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Your '05 is almost certainly the 7.2/7.3 shock. Check to see if the rebound knob sits on top of the shock. The 7.0 had the knob on the side, near the bottom.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yea- must be 7.2- - rebound knob on top. thnx