mtbr member
    Jan 2006

'04 Liquid Pricing??

I was in my LBS yesterday and saw an '04 Liquid (5" travel) they had. The owner said it was used in a magazine shoot, and they picked it up afterwards. It's bright red with flames and looks to have top of the line components (XTR rear, XT front, hayes brakes, Fox shocks, etc).

Can anyone tell me what this bike should retail for (LBS has a MSRP of $3900 marked down to $2999)? Is the suspension really that different on the current Remedy's?

I have been seriously looking at the EX9 or 8, and the Liquid has caught my eye.

Bruce in Redding, CA

mtbr member
    If the MSRP is $3999 then the shop could have paid $2500. Now, if they didn't get it from Trek and got it from the magazine or the Ad it was selling then maybe they got it for less.

Kinda like going to a trade show and the guys in the booth don't want to take anything back with them becuase it is too much work.
    I seriously doubt that this is what happened.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a lot. I got my '05 "25" in '06 for $1500 and could have got it on the west coast for $1300. It would need to have a quite a few upgrades to get it up to $2900 I would think.
    I'm not broke but you can see the cracks.

Rick’s Law Of Biking...
    At least two uphills are required for every downhill.

Truth...
    I work to survive, I play to live.

Mind, Body, Spirit...,which one is keeping you from getting better?

pain don't hurt

How's 1100 sound?

That's what I paid when I picked up my '04 Liquid 10 from my shop about 2 monthes ago. It was a new leftover. I'm a regular at this shop and the employees always give me very good deals. It's a little bit more bike than I need, but the price doesn't get sweeter than that.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I would much rather have an '05 with...

lesser components than on 04 with gold-plated top-of-the-line XTR whatevers. Its a much smoother riding rear suspension with the added pivot, and you should be able to get equally good deals on the '05 (especially on the west coast, it seems). I have a Liquid 10 with an 05 rear and an 03 front...See Ricksters post above- an 05 Liquid 25 for $1300! That's a good deal and a much better bike IMHO.