sometimes cheeky
    Jan 2006

Upset @ Trek: where is the 29er TopFuel XC racing rocket ?

Hey Trek !

I really like your bikes, I love my Topfuel (best rear sus I've ever used), but I'm really dissapointed about the release of the 29er EX and Remedy and ... nothing else .... no XC racing rocket

Where is the 100mm 29er racebike with FullFloater, ABP, G2 & DRCV ?
    Pleeeease skip also the superfly (with it's out dated rear sus) & bring us the ultimative rear suspension back at a 100mm XC race fully + big wheels.
    Please !
    .......................... looking for a smart slogan ....

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    If a full floater rear suspension would have been advantageous and without major compromises for the new and freshly redesigned Superfly 100 then I am sure Trek would have gone that direction. Personally the new SF100 rides like a rocketship and all the DRCV-equipped bikes I have ridden have a lot more "butter" to them. I would say that DRCV is trail-tech and not race-tech.

sometimes cheeky
    Jan 2006
    Hi,

Agree on the DRCV. It's not everybodys taste.
    But the FullFloater is by far better in any situation & particular at steep climps with rocks & roots.
    Therefore the FullFloater with 29er wheels will be also for xc racing the best performer, from my point if view at least

I think for the SF's Trek had the weight higher weighted in their specification sheet as kinematics performance. Hopefully they learn a little bit now (see the posts with broken lower headset bearing cups in the manufacturers area) & use the Apollo technology in 2014 or 2015 for a 29er TopFuel
    Another reason could be, that the SF's were ready as former GF, so Trek was able to save effort & spend all the R&D capacities on the more requested bikes: EX & Remedy. Comprehensible for me.

Perhaps I'm alone with my opinion, but I think Trek's FullFloater is the best rear sus available & I don't see a reason why a XC racer shouldn't have this advantage on his bike.
    For sure the current SF's are fast, but they could be faster, or more effective finally.
    .......................... looking for a smart slogan ....