Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ultimate 26 Front Fork????

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sfr4dr 
#1 ·
First time poster here.

I have a 2011 specialized RH 26 with newly installed SunWringle Charger Pros and a TK Recon Gold front fork. I had the front fork put on four days ago. I weigh 225 with a background in BMX. I use my bike to commute 20-30 miles a day over a very chunky concrete jungle of broken sidewalks and big curbs. I like to go big.

Jumped the RH off of a five step with the fork locked out and pumped to 200PSI. I love the locked out fork with the high PSI because of the pogo effect on bunny hops. I've cleared some BIG dirty concrete with the method. Well, this is the first time I've had a decent front shock and it looks like I've managed to "blow it" in four days (LBS), which seems like total ******** in my opinion.

Is there a shock out there that can handle 225 pounds of BMX city strength? I see these guys jumping off of ****ing the sides of mountains and I'm just confused about why I blew out a $400 shock in four days of street riding.

"These shocks are made for downhill trails not aggro BMX" -LBS

Are the streets really more hardcore than the mountain? What is the ultimate BMX commuter build?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.