mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Transition website updated with 2013 models

Transition Bikes

Overall, the site looks good, not much of a change feel-wise from the old site. I like how the bikes have been grouped into families now. A couple questions/critiques:

1) Are the colors specific to the builds? For example, if I buy a Bandit 29 2 build, will my bike be cyan? Or are any of the colors available on any of the builds?

2) It's a bit awkward that when I'm in the "Pricing/Build Kit" section, I have to click twice to see the components of a different build. Let's say I'm looking at the Bandit 29 2 build, but I want to see the Bandit 29 1 build. I have to click on "View Bike", which takes me to a picture of the Bandit 29 1 build, then I have to click again on "Pricing/Build Kit". Am I missing something?
    Last edited by savechief; 10-31-2012 at 10:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Good suggestion on #2... we will look into some changes there. I totally agree.

1) No... your choice of color with any build. These are just the bikes that we have built for photos.

UPDATE: We changed the pricing and build kit section so you can jump directly between kits. Instant service and response here at TBC. Unless it is Friday afternoon and we are drinking beer. Edit: Any day or time.
    Last edited by Transition Bikes; 11-01-2012 at 03:38 PM.

mtbr member
    And please add current 2011/2012 Bandit info to the archived support section.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I think that will be added shortly...

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Clicking on the Covert family shows the Covert 29ers as:

Carbon 29 1 $5499 Complete
    Carbon 29 2 $3899 Complete
    Carbon 29 3 $2999 Complete

Pretty sure they're not carbon...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Good suggestion on #2... we will look into some changes there. I totally agree.

1) No... your choice of color with any build. These are just the bikes that we have built for photos.

UPDATE: We changed the pricing and build kit section so you can jump directly between kits. Instant service and response here at TBC. Unless it is Friday afternoon and we are drinking beer. Edit: Any day or time.
    Awesome response, thanks! The new lineup looks great.

mtbr member
    I think that will be added shortly...
    Word.

some know me as mongo
    Feb 2008
    btw both the bandit 29 and transam 29 are listed with revolution 25 wheels but you only list revolution 28s in your parts area.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Can I be dumb and ask where the beloved Bottlerocket went? And the Blindside for that matter...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubas View Post
    Clicking on the Covert family shows the Covert 29ers as:

Carbon 29 1 $5499 Complete
    Carbon 29 2 $3899 Complete
    Carbon 29 3 $2999 Complete

Pretty sure they're not carbon...
    Oops! When you are checking this stuff you start to just see a 6 letter word starting with C and your brain fills in the rest. LOL... fixing this now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_crackien View Post
    btw both the bandit 29 and transam 29 are listed with revolution 25 wheels but you only list revolution 28s in your parts area.
    We a new Rev 25 wheelset in the 29 diameter which is being spec'd on those bikes...

Those wheels, and the new singlespeed 32 from the PBJ/BLT have not been added to our store section yet, since they are not yet in stock for aftermarket sales.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 211 View Post
    Can I be dumb and ask where the beloved Bottlerocket went? And the Blindside for that matter...
    Not dumb at all... that question has come up a lot.

For both those models we are not producing any new 2013 bikes. There are some 2011 and 2012 frames/bikes in stock here and out in the marketplace... so they can still be purchased, but there is no 2013 model year for those bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Not dumb at all... that question has come up a lot.

For both those models we are not producing any new 2013 bikes. There are some 2011 and 2012 frames/bikes in stock here and out in the marketplace... so they can still be purchased, but there is no 2013 model year for those bikes.
    Makes sense not to flood the market... I get that. This brings up a different question though. Does that mean they're discontinued or will you ramp up production after inventory dwindels (regardless of revision changes)?

Seems almost criminal to retire the flagship bike (bottlerocket) that made Transition into the household name that it is

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 211 View Post
    Makes sense not to flood the market... I get that. This brings up a different question though. Does that mean they're discontinued or will you ramp up production after inventory dwindels (regardless of revision changes)?

Seems almost criminal to retire the flagship bike (bottlerocket) that made Transition into the household name that it is
    There is no plan for a new Bottlerocket or Blindside. Never say never... but there definitely will not be a bike carrying either name in the next couple years.

The Bottlerocket in particular might have been a victom of it's own success. We pretty much never see broken frames, and there are a lot of really old frames still out being ridden and showing up in buy&sell... used market killing the new market?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The Bottlerocket in particular might have been a victom of it's own success. We pretty much never see broken frames, and there are a lot of really old frames still out being ridden and showing up in buy&sell... used market killing the new market?
    hehe, that's why most of other companies make their bikes just lighter and lighter.
    To cut the product life and sell more

But this makes me happy I am riding a Covert.
    Did you see many Coverts broken?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_ View Post
    hehe, that's why most of other companies make their bikes just lighter and lighter.
    To cut the product life and sell more

But this makes me happy I am riding a Covert.
    Did you see many Coverts broken?
    Very few broken Coverts either... and they are lighter and more pedal friendly. Definitely a big part of why the Bottlerocket is gone this year. The new 160mm Covert is a VERY capable bike with an option for coil shock, etc. You could even run a 180mm fork on it if you wanted.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Tr guys can you please bring back BB height to the geo charts. I can't get the logic behind this bb drop no matter how I try to look at it...

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I guess the new bikes are cool....if you dont mined blue on most all the frames. WTF? So much for building up a new Covert with my current parts....My prob.
    Last edited by gunt pimp; 11-03-2012 at 10:53 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I feel you, all my parts are blue which will fit perfectly... now need to convince the budget police.