mtbr member

transition warranty/crash replacement tr250

Hey, just looking for some info.. Reached out to transition numerous times via phone, (no answer, always busy) an emailed warranty dept. no response yet. So figured I'd ask on here.. kindof a wierd one. Here goes..

Guy I know is selling a TR250.. only downside is it's got a crached headtube. He says he doesn't want to wait for a crash replacement till next year (which he would have to pay for, at a discounted rate I assume) so he's trying to cut his losses an just sell it. If I bought it, would warranty be transferrable? Or would I be able to crash replace it? I know they aren't making the 250 anymore.. any info would be greatly appreciated..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    I'm guessing officially they won't transfer it, but they're pretty nice so maybe they'd take of you. Definitely ask before you buy. Maybe you were calling while they were at interbike... I've called many many times and very rarely not had someone answer.

mtbr member
    true, didn't think of the interbike thing.. I've been calling all this week. An sent an email over the weekend. Just tryin to figure it out.. really wanted a tr250.. an there aren't many in my area except for this one..
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    you buy the bike, he sends it in for crash replacement, you get new front triangle, put bike back together and ride. Crash replacement is for original owners. read below....

In addition to our warranty, all Transition Bikes frames are covered for life under our “Crash Replacement Policy” to the original registered owner. If for any reason (and we do mean “any” reason) you should find yourself with a broken frame, you may send us the broken frame section and we will replace it at a cost well below retail. You are responsible for all shipping costs to get the frame to and from Transition Bikes.
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it