mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Transition Scout

Hey guys, I've got my Scout 2 on order currently and should be seeing it arrive within the next few weeks. I'm literally losing sleep at night because I'm so excited for it.

My buddies and I are talking about doing some epics this upcoming spring. Obviously most of us haven't spent anytime on the bike, but based off geo and setup, what are your thoughts on taking this on the long all day rides. 30+ miles.

mtbr member
    I can say, without ever riding one or seeing one in person, that the Scout will be well suited for all day epics. The biggest limiting factor will be between the grips and saddle.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I'm hoping you're right. This is my ignorance showing through but when they use the term "slopestyle" it just makes me worry. We shall see though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Read on and theres your ex[planation.

"The concept of a shorter travel bike with long, low and slack geometry still raise questions, especially from riders who haven't experienced how much fun a bike like this is capable of delivering. There are bikes with more travel that weigh a similar amount, so given the choice, why would anyone want less travel? What it comes down to is how the bike feels on the trail - the Scout possess a mix of playfulness and brawn that's often lacking in longer travel bikes".

in short, this bike is burly and able to handle all types of riding and terrain...for me it is the most versatile bike thats ever come from Transition and I have been with these guys since the beginning...good stuff! Plus look at the reviews already...pretty sick.
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Well that makes sense... I was really having a hard time deciding between the Smuggler or the Scout. I can't wait for it to come in. Any more news on when they'll get to your shop?

yep
    I plan on doing 20-30 mile rides with 5000' of climbing on my Patrol, and the Scout is going to be a better climber than that. So I wouldn't worry. Its just a super versatile bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Where are you from?

mtbr member
    I think you have chosen poorly my friend. A man who still uses training wheels is a man that needs a tricycle... or a lobotomy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderly Abducted View Post
    I think you have chosen poorly my friend. A man who still uses training wheels is a man that needs a tricycle... or a lobotomy.
    You know that's not true. I've been riding without the training wheels for at least a few months now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    That quote had me thrown for a loop as well.
    But after finding all the reviews I think are out there, I'm convinced it will be a killer bike for all-around shredding!
    Good choice! Cant wait to get mine as well.
    Where are you from?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by benbikin View Post
    That quote had me thrown for a loop as well.
    But after finding all the reviews I think are out there, I'm convinced it will be a killer bike for all-around shredding!
    Good choice! Cant wait to get mine as well.
    Where are you from?
    I live in Oklahoma but I'm 20 miles from Arkansas. I ride in Arkansas mainly, and the Ozarks make for some formidable terrain. Up and down and lots of exposed rocks and roots.

I also take trips out west to Colorado as my parents have a house in Salida. So we ride the bike parks as well as backcountry trail out there. That's why I'm concerned about the comfort/ efficiency of this bike, as it's my do it all rig. I'm confident in my decision though.

What about you, where are you from?

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by gooutsidetoday View Post
    I live in Oklahoma but I'm 20 miles from Arkansas. I ride in Arkansas mainly, and the Ozarks make for some formidable terrain. Up and down and lots of exposed rocks and roots.

I also take trips out west to Colorado as my parents have a house in Salida. So we ride the bike parks as well as backcountry trail out there. That's why I'm concerned about the comfort/ efficiency of this bike, as it's my do it all rig. I'm confident in my decision though.

What about you, where are you from?
    I'm actually just south of you in Texas, About and hour south of the Oklahoma border.
    I talked with Lars at Transition getting advice between the Scout and Patrol. He recommended the scout for the terrain im riding, also he stated that the bike feels like it has a lot more travel than what it actually has. I was skeptical about the 125mm rear since my current Trek is 120mm (from 2008) and have bottomed out a few times.
    But technology has come a long way. I didn't want to feel bogged down with to much travel 90% of the time..