mtbr member

Transition Revolution 28s - 2 year review

I just thought I would post up since it's been 2 years that I have been rolling my Rev 28s!
    I ride them pretty hard and they are still solid. I ride Central Texas (Austin) which is full of limestone ledge, baby heads, drops to flat, granite - there isn't much in the way of soft landings in Central Texas. I also tend to take the path of most resistance, so it hasn't been a delicate 2 years for my wheels.

The only maintenance is very minor on-the-bike truing. Spokes have been solid, rims have never appeared even slightly out of true, no broken spokes or nipples. The white powder coating and stickers are even solid with typical rock dings and scratches, but the wheels still clean up nicely and look great.

I've ridden them tubeless from day one with Stan's rim tape and non-UST tires. I've run Maxxis Advantage, Kenda Blue Grooves, Kenda Nevagals - no problems with seating any of them. Only 3-4 burps in that 2 years from hard sideways sketch landings.

Very happy with a great investment and a great value.

Day 1

Yesterday

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have those on my Bank. I'm not an extreme jumper but play at my bike park and they've been great.