mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Transition Revolution 28 29er rims

Why the use of schrader in these wheels? I'm not saying its a bad as I have these on my Transam 29 and the rear wheel has taken some hard bits where the ardent bottomed out to the rim and no flats.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I have no clue. It's partially what made me get a new wheelset. I hate inflating schrader tubes.

Someone told me its cuz DH and DJ bikes typically use schrader and that's what Transition does good, I have no idea though if that is true or not. And even if it is true, how hard is it to just drill a smaller hole? I suppose that's simplyfing it, but still

Just roll it......
    You can still run a presta valve in them....I'm running presta front and rear on mine. No biggie.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    No problem running presta valve tubes or tubeless valves in a schrader rim. We drill for schrader so you will never be stuck with a tube you can't use. Get a flat on the trail and all you and your buddies have is a schrader tube... then you will be cursing those presta drilled rims.

Just saying...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    No problem running presta valve tubes or tubeless valves in a schrader rim. We drill for schrader so you will never be stuck with a tube you can't use. Get a flat on the trail and all you and your buddies have is a schrader tube... then you will be cursing those presta drilled rims.

Just saying...
    Makes sense. Do you suggest using a grommet in the rim for a presta?