• 11-21-2012
    trailbrain
    Transition Revolution 28 29er rims
    Why the use of schrader in these wheels? I'm not saying its a bad as I have these on my Transam 29 and the rear wheel has taken some hard bits where the ardent bottomed out to the rim and no flats.
  • 11-23-2012
    XJaredX
    I have no clue. It's partially what made me get a new wheelset. I hate inflating schrader tubes.

Someone told me its cuz DH and DJ bikes typically use schrader and that's what Transition does good, I have no idea though if that is true or not. And even if it is true, how hard is it to just drill a smaller hole? I suppose that's simplyfing it, but still
  • 11-23-2012
    ebxtreme
    You can still run a presta valve in them....I'm running presta front and rear on mine. No biggie.
  • 11-27-2012
    Transition Bikes
    No problem running presta valve tubes or tubeless valves in a schrader rim. We drill for schrader so you will never be stuck with a tube you can't use. Get a flat on the trail and all you and your buddies have is a schrader tube... then you will be cursing those presta drilled rims.

Just saying...
  • 11-27-2012
    trailbrain
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    No problem running presta valve tubes or tubeless valves in a schrader rim. We drill for schrader so you will never be stuck with a tube you can't use. Get a flat on the trail and all you and your buddies have is a schrader tube... then you will be cursing those presta drilled rims.

Just saying...

Makes sense. Do you suggest using a grommet in the rim for a presta?