• 12-03-2012
    The Hookler
    Transition Chain Guide ISCG05?
    I have an old Transition chain guide which is awesome. I haven't used in a few years since my bike at the time didn't have the ISCG mounts. My new frame has ISCG05 mounts and I was wondering if the old guide will work? It seems as if it has room for the ISCG05 holes since the chain guide didn't have set spots for the ISCG mounting. Has anyone tried to put their old chain guide in using the ISCG05 mounting pattern? I guess I could just give it a try but figured I'd ask here first.
  • 12-05-2012
    jtd
    You will have to drill new holes for the ISCG 05 since the bcd is different. See diagram in the link below. I doubt there is enough material on the original guide to accommodate the required diameter change.

e.13 components
  • 12-05-2012
    The Hookler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    You will have to drill new holes for the ISCG 05 since the bcd is different. See diagram in the link below. I doubt there is enough material on the original guide to accommodate the required diameter change.

e.13 components

I was kinda thinking that. Thanks for the info.
    I wish Transition would come out with an ISCG05 chainguide. Hint Hint.
  • 12-06-2012
    cgjeff
    So many ISCG 05 chain guides on the market, should not be hard to find one in your budget. I just purchased a new E13 LSG Plus for my new Blindside frame. The older ISCG guide from my Bottlerocket would not work.