Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 679
  1. #1
    jzt
    jzt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    136

    Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album

    OK yeah I know there are like a thousand BR threads already, but no official photo thread. So pls post your BRs here with a short description of setup - and try to keep it pics only please!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    54



    Frame Transition Bottlerocket size small / Fox DHX Air shock /

    painted KANDY LIME GREEN

    Fork 2006 Marzocchi - Z.1 Light

    Cranks Deity Crankset / white

    Stem Deity / grey

    Handlebars Deity handlebars / white

    Middle Chainring 36T 4 bolt x 104 Race Face

    Small Chainring 24T ring Race Face

    Chainguide E.13 DRS Chain Retention System 4 x 104 36T

    Spider E.13 super spider

    Headset Cane Creek - Double XC Reduction Headset zero stack

    Seatpost SDG - I-Beam Post

    Saddle SDG - I-Sky Saddle I-Beam / Grey

    Pedals Crank Brothers 5050 XX green/polished/black

    Front Derailleur SRAM - X.Gen

    Rear Derailleur SRAM - X.0 short cage

    Shifters SRAM - X.0 9spd Trigger

    Additional Accessories Atlantic headset thru bolt

    Wheels Industry NINE red with DT swiss rim

    Tires Maxxis 2.4 Advantage tire 60d

    Tubes Maxxis downhill tubes

    Brakes Magura loise

    Brake hoses Goodridge / red

    Grips ODI lockon

    Levers Dangerboy / blue


    it is currently in the shop getting some upgrades and adjustments. can't wait to get it back. Haven't ridden it in 2 weeks and I am getting withdrawal symptoms.

  3. #3
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    773
    Are you color blind by any chance? Sorry if that seems rude...

  4. #4
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    773
    My bro's... Mine will be here in 2 weeks. I'm getting the PINK.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    54
    Dude to each his own. I'd have to shoot myself if I had a plain boring color ( Sorry if I seem rude ) . Don't want to look like any Tom, Dick or Harry out there. There are way too many Bottlerockets around my way to keep it in a stock color.

    But I'll be nice. I do like the setup and props on your bro's taste in bikes.

  6. #6
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    773
    Got NUTHIN against being different, but none of those colors even belong on the same page together, let alone same bike! Blue levers, green paint, red cables/spokes?? And the gray stem just looks lost... But YES, that is totally just my opinion, so rock whatcha gotta. My bro up there likes things simple, I had to talk him into the white bash even. Here's MY idea of a stylish build, and it's even bordering on gawdy now... but it's for sale in my sig, goin to a PINK Rocket, maybe all polished components...? we'll see. I'll post it here when I get it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    773
    BTW... sorry for bastardizing a Transition thread with a Specialized! I'll make it up to you, JZT...

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    54
    I actually like that SX. I'd switch to white pedals though.

    What kind of polished components you looking into? The polished Race Face stem looks pretty badass.
    Last edited by razkal; 01-09-2007 at 09:17 PM.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    100
    wow! sweeet bike! And at Oleta too. Sweet color, reminds me of the old school Haro's when I was a kid.

  10. #10
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    773
    I'm thinking maybe all-black components instead of polished now. As much as I really want poilshed, I think it might end up too blingy... this color may be plenty for everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thrillseeker; 01-11-2007 at 02:20 PM.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    54
    You are lucky. That pink is way better than last year's lavender looking one.

    LOL, how did you recognize Oleta? Definitely going for the 80s GT/DYNO neon colors.What is your name and what do you ride? We may have met before. I'm usually there or at Markham. Just discovered the TOE and will be going back soon!!!
    Last edited by razkal; 01-12-2007 at 08:39 AM.

  12. #12
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    Another one to add to the pot.
    [Borris voice] Sorry for the large picture.... NOT [/borris]


  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    100
    I ride a black heckler. I usually ride Markham although lately i've been riding Oleta on Sundays. I think I saw that bike on freeridesouth. That pic is making me want to call Santiago and get one ordered ASAP! Sweeeeet!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    54
    I used to ride a black chase and a white Norco Fluid before, maybe you've seen those..

    He has a black medium Bottle rocket in stock and they just got a couple of I-9s in some funky colors.

    I'll be at the shop tomorrow around 2, to check up on my baby, LOL. It's seems that there is a race at Markham this Sunday so we are doing Oleta.

  15. #15
    jzt
    jzt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jzt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Are you color blind by any chance? Sorry if that seems rude...
    Don't mind him razkal. Your colour scheme is HOT! Its close to what I had in mind for mine (iron horse sunday green), but I didn't know who to go to for the powdercoating so I went with the black instead.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Luvz2Ridez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    229

    Mine!!!

    Attachment 226362

    Just picked her up last week.
    It has the Marzocchi 66RC2X and all the rest Transition Bike stuff.
    Last edited by Luvz2Ridez; 02-09-2007 at 09:18 AM.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    62
    Heres mine




  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Hey, how do y'all think the BR would work as an AM bike? I want a strong bike that is very flickable and such, but can also be pedaled around all day. With a huge seatpost and a light build, how would this work out?

  19. #19
    Leash Law Enforcer
    Reputation: Pinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Hey, how do y'all think the BR would work as an AM bike? I want a strong bike that is very flickable and such, but can also be pedaled around all day. With a huge seatpost and a light build, how would this work out?
    This is a good question. I have been wondering the same myself. I am seriously considering getting either a Preston FR or a Bottlerocket. I've done some research on the forums and it seems the general consensus is that a Preston would be better for AM riding. However, I like the idea of the slightly slacker HA, longer TT and higher BB of the Bottlerocket. It does weigh 1/3 lbs. more than the Preston but that's not much. Aside from the short ST and the long post you'll have to run, is there any reason why the Bottlerocket wouldn't make a great AM/Trail bike? I've found some helpful information over on RideMonkey as well. It seems there are some guys over there that are selling their Prestons to get Bottlerockets.

  20. #20
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    i think the problem is that the Bottlerocket looks so sweet so everyone wants to convince themselves that it will work as a trail bike Depending on your height and riding style it might work out for ya, if you call Transition they'll help ya out but the Preston is really more their trail bike.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    I have noticed an extra support/gusset on the seat tube to top tube on some of the bikes. What sizes are those or are those just a small design change.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    i think the problem is that the Bottlerocket looks so sweet so everyone wants to convince themselves that it will work as a trail bike Depending on your height and riding style it might work out for ya, if you call Transition they'll help ya out but the Preston is really more their trail bike.
    I'm 5'11". I'd ride a large, since my arms are hella long, and so that I could make sure I get good leg extension. I want a bike that I can get up hill, though I can take my time doing so. I race XC, and climbing has always been a strength of mine, so I can deal with a bit of a pig on climbs. This bike is for the descents, not the trip to the top. It'll get ridden hard, lots of techie singletrack, some drops and jumps, and the odd lift assisted DH day here and there. Once business at the shop picks up and I can make some more $$$ I'll probably get one.


    Sooo... What shock? DHX, Roco TST, or DHXA? I'm thinking Roco. I like the idea of the 5 position platform, and the simple rebuilds. DHXA is an outside shot, since I like the feel of a coil better, and the DHXA is supposedly a bit dead feeling in the middle of its stroke. This is my biggest complaint with the Swinger 4Way Air on my current whip.


    I think the gusset is only on the large frames.


    Any links to the RM reviews?


    Was that long enough?

  23. #23
    Leash Law Enforcer
    Reputation: Pinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Any links to the RM reviews?
    This is a link to the Freeride Forum on RM, http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89. Look through the thread titles, there's a good number of them that deal with the Bottlerocket.

  24. #24
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    I'm 5'11". I'd ride a large, since my arms are hella long, and so that I could make sure I get good leg extension. I want a bike that I can get up hill, though I can take my time doing so. I race XC, and climbing has always been a strength of mine, so I can deal with a bit of a pig on climbs. This bike is for the descents, not the trip to the top. It'll get ridden hard, lots of techie singletrack, some drops and jumps, and the odd lift assisted DH day here and there. Once business at the shop picks up and I can make some more $$$ I'll probably get one.


    Sooo... What shock? DHX, Roco TST, or DHXA? I'm thinking Roco. I like the idea of the 5 position platform, and the simple rebuilds. DHXA is an outside shot, since I like the feel of a coil better, and the DHXA is supposedly a bit dead feeling in the middle of its stroke. This is my biggest complaint with the Swinger 4Way Air on my current whip.


    I think the gusset is only on the large frames.


    Any links to the RM reviews?


    Was that long enough?
    I'd probably shy away from the air shocks and stick with a rocco tst / dhx 5. The air dhx is somewhat of a pain to setup and it does ramp though the mid range travel quite fast.

    It sounds like the BR might work out ok for you. The bike didn't feel like a pig and I might build one up later as well. The weight isn't bad if you pay attention to what you put on there.

    I think the gusset is only on the large frames as well,

    Not sure what you mean by "Links to the RM reviews?"

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Word.


    Pinch mentioned the Ride Monkey reviews. He already covered the link.

  26. #26
    -> SickLines.com <-
    Reputation: mtb_biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,213
    Ah cool, see below too if you didn't find enough

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    Weight of full transition bottle rocket bike

    Am really curious abt the weight of a full transition bottle rocket bike.

    Can anyonegive me an example of how their transition bike would weigh as a full complete setup.

    Thanks guys

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    There's a thread in the DH forum about Bottle Rocket weights. Run a search.

  29. #29
    get down!
    Reputation: cjh_mtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by iscarrr
    Heres mine

    [IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9555/upside1024zo3.jpg[IMG]

    [IMG]http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1729/hilldown1024mt0.jpg[IMG]
    you're such a piece of crap

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    730

    bike

    My Rock-It:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All about the ride

  31. #31
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    952
    FINALLY!!

    Holy $hit, she's fun! Just got back from popping her cherry, this thing pedals!

    Built her up as a short travel DH racer for here. Geo is spot on. The bigbike is too big for most courses here, so this should be a nice little weapon...
    She likes to flow, and begs to be airborne.

    Build:

    -Transition Bottlerocket, large and raw
    -DHX 5 Air
    -888 SL ATA
    -Cane Creek XXC
    -Thomson stem, BMX 50mm x 22.2mm
    -Ti bar, custom straight gauge 22.2
    -XT rapidfire, 8 sp
    -Hope Moto V2
    -Oury lock-ons, Dangerboy caps
    -Thomson seatpost, 30.0 x 410
    -Ti Flight TransAm
    -Saint cranks, 170mm
    -e13 smashy
    -e13 DRS
    -26/36 Raceface rings
    -X9 front der.
    -Syncros Mental stainless, custom pins
    -Hope Bulbs/Mavic EX729s/Sapim Races, 12mm rear
    -Atomlab 12/10mm axle
    -Tioga White Tiger 2.5 tires
    -DuraAce SS rear der.
    -XT 11-30 8sp
    -KMC X8

    To be changed:
    -Will put on Crank Bros Mallets for clippy goodness when racing.
    -And am in the midst of customising a Saint M801 (standard rise!) rear der. to work with my 12mm x 135 hub and axle. Will replace the D/Ace soon as it's done. Want something that'll take a monster beating.
    -Will put a burlier saddle on soon. This one was kicking around... Don't expect it to last long, but if it does it does.






  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22
    nice interpretation of the frame...

    i personally would build it up as light as possible (SC, etc)
    but im a weight weenie

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    FINALLY!!

    Holy $hit, she's fun! Just got back from popping her cherry, this thing pedals!

    Built her up as a short travel DH racer for here. Geo is spot on. The bigbike is too big for most courses here, so this should be a nice little weapon...
    She likes to flow, and begs to be airborne.

    Build:

    -Transition Bottlerocket, large and raw
    -DHX 5 Air
    -888 SL ATA
    -Cane Creek XXC
    -Thomson stem, BMX 50mm x 22.2mm
    -Ti bar, custom straight gauge 22.2
    -XT rapidfire, 8 sp
    -Hope Moto V2
    -Oury lock-ons, Dangerboy caps
    -Thomson seatpost, 30.0 x 410
    -Ti Flight TransAm
    -Saint cranks, 170mm
    -e13 smashy
    -e13 DRS
    -26/36 Raceface rings
    -X9 front der.
    -Syncros Mental stainless, custom pins
    -Hope Bulbs/Mavic EX729s/Sapim Races, 12mm rear
    -Atomlab 12/10mm axle
    -Tioga White Tiger 2.5 tires
    -DuraAce SS rear der.
    -XT 11-30 8sp
    -KMC X8

    To be changed:
    -Will put on Crank Bros Mallets for clippy goodness when racing.
    -And am in the midst of customising a Saint M801 (standard rise!) rear der. to work with my 12mm x 135 hub and axle. Will replace the D/Ace soon as it's done. Want something that'll take a monster beating.
    -Will put a burlier saddle on soon. This one was kicking around... Don't expect it to last long, but if it does it does.





    How tall are you and how much seatpost is exposed when you have full leg extension if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    Oh, forgot to say AWESOME bike. GRATS!!!!!

  35. #35
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    952
    6'1", about 24 cm exposed for extension. Not too bad.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,688
    That is pretty good seat extension. Thanks for the reply.

  37. #37
    AW_
    AW_ is offline
    locked - time out
    Reputation: AW_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    I have noticed an extra support/gusset on the seat tube to top tube on some of the bikes. What sizes are those or are those just a small design change.
    The large has the "shark fin" but the medium and small do not.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    6'1", about 24 cm exposed for extension. Not too bad.
    How does the bike feel with the 888 on? I am thinking of switching to a DC too (Boxxer Ride) for hucks. How does the 7" in front and the 5.5" behind feel? Unbalanced?

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hardtails Are Better's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    My bro's... Mine will be here in 2 weeks. I'm getting the PINK.
    Got any pics of yours yet?????

  40. #40
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by firegarden
    How does the bike feel with the 888 on? I am thinking of switching to a DC too (Boxxer Ride) for hucks. How does the 7" in front and the 5.5" behind feel? Unbalanced?
    Feels nice!
    Matching travel length isn't so important; important is making sure front and rear feel and act similar to each other. Spend the time to get them dialed, and you're set.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    Feels nice!
    Matching travel length isn't so important; important is making sure front and rear feel and act similar to each other. Spend the time to get them dialed, and you're set.
    Hmm...Wish people here in Singapore had the same thinking. I got isulted and mocked at when I said I wanted to put a Boxxer on the BR. I think I will go ahead and do it. Only thing is now I dunno if it should be a 2005 or 2006 version. Thanks for your reply.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by firegarden
    Hmm...Wish people here in Singapore had the same thinking. I got isulted and mocked at when I said I wanted to put a Boxxer on the BR. I think I will go ahead and do it. Only thing is now I dunno if it should be a 2005 or 2006 version. Thanks for your reply.
    yeah! with the boxxer the bottlerocket looks like a killer mini-dh machine. Example:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  43. #43
    ≈ > ♥
    Reputation: zahgurim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    952
    Finally whipped up some bits to mount the Saint rear. pics.

  44. #44
    mjw
    mjw is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    615
    repost

  45. #45
    General Rabble-Rouser
    Reputation: Karupshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,006
    There's been a lot of big talk of pink rockets, but no pictures besides


    lets see some pink rider builds or my girfriend won't stop asking to see some

  46. #46
    mjw
    mjw is online now
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    615
    Hey Karupshun, here you go:

    Here is my Bottle Rocket.
    I thought the pink was fun so I went for it.
    It's spec'ed with an 06 Manitou Travis 150 (because it's basically the same as the 07, but cheaper). Manitou Swinger 4x, Avid Juicy 7's w/ pink danger boy levers, TBC 36mm wheel set, Gap cranks with an MRP guide, x9 read derailleur and shifter, and Kenda Nevegal rubber and a few other odds and ends.




  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by fer83
    yeah! with the boxxer the bottlerocket looks like a killer mini-dh machine. Example:
    Got my 2005 Boxxer Ride!!! Pics up soon. Bike feels like a dream now...

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,587
    Is the bottom bracket kinda low on those bottlerockets or is it just a figment of my imagination?

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fer83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    181
    .....
    Last edited by fer83; 03-15-2007 at 11:02 AM.

  50. #50
    General Rabble-Rouser
    Reputation: Karupshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,006
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw
    Hey Karupshun, here you go:

    Here is my Bottle Rocket.

    I don't know how is missed this in the control panel last week


    You good sir, have one sick ride

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •