Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album

310K views 678 replies 210 participants last post by  ron m. 
#1 ·
OK yeah I know there are like a thousand BR threads already, but no official photo thread. So pls post your BRs here with a short description of setup - and try to keep it pics only please! :thumbsup:

#2 ·
:thumbsup:

Frame Transition Bottlerocket size small / Fox DHX Air shock /

painted KANDY LIME GREEN

Fork 2006 Marzocchi - Z.1 Light

Cranks Deity Crankset / white

Stem Deity / grey

Handlebars Deity handlebars / white

Middle Chainring 36T 4 bolt x 104 Race Face

Small Chainring 24T ring Race Face

Chainguide E.13 DRS Chain Retention System 4 x 104 36T

Spider E.13 super spider

Headset Cane Creek - Double XC Reduction Headset zero stack

Seatpost SDG - I-Beam Post

Saddle SDG - I-Sky Saddle I-Beam / Grey

Pedals Crank Brothers 5050 XX green/polished/black

Front Derailleur SRAM - X.Gen

Rear Derailleur SRAM - X.0 short cage

Shifters SRAM - X.0 9spd Trigger

Additional Accessories Atlantic headset thru bolt

Wheels Industry NINE red with DT swiss rim

Tires Maxxis 2.4 Advantage tire 60d

Tubes Maxxis downhill tubes

Brakes Magura loise

Brake hoses Goodridge / red

Grips ODI lockon

Levers Dangerboy / blue

it is currently in the shop getting some upgrades and adjustments. can't wait to get it back. Haven't ridden it in 2 weeks and I am getting withdrawal symptoms. :madman:

#5 ·
:nono: Dude to each his own. I'd have to shoot myself if I had a plain boring color ( Sorry if I seem rude :skep: ) . Don't want to look like any Tom, Dick or Harry out there. There are way too many Bottlerockets around my way to keep it in a stock color.

But I'll be nice. I do like the setup and props on your bro's taste in bikes.

#6 ·
Got NUTHIN against being different, but none of those colors even belong on the same page together, let alone same bike! Blue levers, green paint, red cables/spokes?? And the gray stem just looks lost... But YES, that is totally just my opinion, so rock whatcha gotta. My bro up there likes things simple, I had to talk him into the white bash even. Here's MY idea of a stylish build, and it's even bordering on gawdy now... but it's for sale in my sig, goin to a PINK Rocket, maybe all polished components...? we'll see. I'll post it here when I get it...

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
:thumbsup: You are lucky. That pink is way better than last year's lavender looking one.

LOL, how did you recognize Oleta? Definitely going for the 80s GT/DYNO neon colors.What is your name and what do you ride? We may have met before. I'm usually there or at Markham. Just discovered the TOE and will be going back soon!!!

#14 ·
I used to ride a black chase and a white Norco Fluid before, maybe you've seen those..

He has a black medium Bottle rocket in stock and they just got a couple of I-9s in some funky colors.

I'll be at the shop tomorrow around 2, to check up on my baby, LOL. It's seems that there is a race at Markham this Sunday so we are doing Oleta.

#19 ·
Hardtails Are Better said:
Hey, how do y'all think the BR would work as an AM bike? I want a strong bike that is very flickable and such, but can also be pedaled around all day. With a huge seatpost and a light build, how would this work out?
This is a good question. I have been wondering the same myself. I am seriously considering getting either a Preston FR or a Bottlerocket. I've done some research on the forums and it seems the general consensus is that a Preston would be better for AM riding. However, I like the idea of the slightly slacker HA, longer TT and higher BB of the Bottlerocket. It does weigh 1/3 lbs. more than the Preston but that's not much. Aside from the short ST and the long post you'll have to run, is there any reason why the Bottlerocket wouldn't make a great AM/Trail bike? I've found some helpful information over on RideMonkey as well. It seems there are some guys over there that are selling their Prestons to get Bottlerockets.

#22 ·
mtb_biker said:
i think the problem is that the Bottlerocket looks so sweet so everyone wants to convince themselves that it will work as a trail bike :) Depending on your height and riding style it might work out for ya, if you call Transition they'll help ya out but the Preston is really more their trail bike.
I'm 5'11". I'd ride a large, since my arms are hella long, and so that I could make sure I get good leg extension. I want a bike that I can get up hill, though I can take my time doing so. I race XC, and climbing has always been a strength of mine, so I can deal with a bit of a pig on climbs. This bike is for the descents, not the trip to the top. It'll get ridden hard, lots of techie singletrack, some drops and jumps, and the odd lift assisted DH day here and there. Once business at the shop picks up and I can make some more $$$ I'll probably get one.

Sooo... What shock? DHX, Roco TST, or DHXA? I'm thinking Roco. I like the idea of the 5 position platform, and the simple rebuilds. DHXA is an outside shot, since I like the feel of a coil better, and the DHXA is supposedly a bit dead feeling in the middle of its stroke. This is my biggest complaint with the Swinger 4Way Air on my current whip.

I think the gusset is only on the large frames.

Any links to the RM reviews?

Was that long enough? :D

#24 ·
Hardtails Are Better said:
I'm 5'11". I'd ride a large, since my arms are hella long, and so that I could make sure I get good leg extension. I want a bike that I can get up hill, though I can take my time doing so. I race XC, and climbing has always been a strength of mine, so I can deal with a bit of a pig on climbs. This bike is for the descents, not the trip to the top. It'll get ridden hard, lots of techie singletrack, some drops and jumps, and the odd lift assisted DH day here and there. Once business at the shop picks up and I can make some more $$$ I'll probably get one.

Sooo... What shock? DHX, Roco TST, or DHXA? I'm thinking Roco. I like the idea of the 5 position platform, and the simple rebuilds. DHXA is an outside shot, since I like the feel of a coil better, and the DHXA is supposedly a bit dead feeling in the middle of its stroke. This is my biggest complaint with the Swinger 4Way Air on my current whip.

I think the gusset is only on the large frames.

Any links to the RM reviews?

Was that long enough? :D
I'd probably shy away from the air shocks and stick with a rocco tst / dhx 5. The air dhx is somewhat of a pain to setup and it does ramp though the mid range travel quite fast.

It sounds like the BR might work out ok for you. The bike didn't feel like a pig and I might build one up later as well. The weight isn't bad if you pay attention to what you put on there.

I think the gusset is only on the large frames as well,

Not sure what you mean by "Links to the RM reviews?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.