Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonster89
    Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you were running the Totem coil on their BR, and was wondering how they liked it. I just ordered one with it so i just wanted to know.
    Loving the Totem Coil on my Bottlerocket. I think it was the best choice for me. I was pretty torn between the 36 Vanilla RC2, the 66 RC2, and the Totem and I'm glad I went with the Totem. It slackens the bike (some like, some dont) but makes an incredibly capable freeride rig. I love the simplicity of the tuning, as adjustments are mad easy. I cannot say how much I love this fork.
    Go for it man.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sweet thanks for that. YEah i was trying to choose between the van and tot also and went with the totem. How is the floodgate working on yours. I've heard people say that they have busted it.

i like rocks
    i cannot help myself, i thought this photo was worthy of a repost and inclusion in the photo album.

mtbr member
    Hell yeah its worth it nice ride bro.. Stats?? Note a BR but here is my new Preston..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    there is a preston photo thread fyi

but yeah sick bike either way

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    Let me bring this thread back to life! 08 BR
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

weight

fr-rider,
    What's the weight on your BR? Looks like a fun bike.

Enjoy!

TG

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    fr-rider,
    What's the weight on your BR? Looks like a fun bike.

Enjoy!

TG
    I haven't got an accurate weight, but I'm guessing 35 lbs.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Here's mine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Here's mine...
    Very, very nice. How's the CCDB?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Very, very nice. How's the CCDB?
    Very tunable... Only problem is, it took me about 10 rides on my last bike to leave it alone. Now since this bike is so different in design, I have to start all over. Probably won't take me as long this time, it already feels great. (Only have one ride on the bike at the moment...)

Another Bottlerocket??? Ah s**t...

kids bike riding coont!
    Apr 2005
    Hey guys;

Well i've got my bottle rocket nearling completion now, but i'm a bit stuck with forks. i'd like to hear it from bottle rocket owners themselves; I have Totem 2step airs or Pike 454 air u-turns to choose from as these are the 2 offered to me for a very cheap price; The totems are my initial reaction as they're the more sturdy fork, but i don't want to run 180mm up front, which leaves the other travel setting of 135mm, what i want to know is how much this will affect the bottle rocket geo as i know they are designed optimally for a 150mm fork. I'd just like to hear from someone who runs totem 2steps or a 130-140mm travel fork, i wouldn't imagine it'd affect it that much but you never know.

Look foward to posting it up soon. ;-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    um i am guessing you will like the totem more cause most peoiple run BR's at like 180 anyways, with a 66, and you could always just drop the travel for climbs and such

kids bike riding coont!
    Apr 2005
    No, i don't want them at 180mm, i'm from australia, nothing here that justifys 180mm, i'd prefer 135 for our more 'singletrack' based riding. And Marzocchi is not an option, i need to run SRAM i.e Rockshox.

mtbr member
    Why not a Lyric? Or, if you get the solo air Totem, you can lower it via spacers. Voila- 150mm Totem.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Dawg
    Hey guys;

Well i've got my bottle rocket nearling completion now, but i'm a bit stuck with forks. i'd like to hear it from bottle rocket owners themselves; I have Totem 2step airs or Pike 454 air u-turns to choose from as these are the 2 offered to me for a very cheap price; The totems are my initial reaction as they're the more sturdy fork, but i don't want to run 180mm up front, which leaves the other travel setting of 135mm, what i want to know is how much this will affect the bottle rocket geo as i know they are designed optimally for a 150mm fork. I'd just like to hear from someone who runs totem 2steps or a 130-140mm travel fork, i wouldn't imagine it'd affect it that much but you never know.

Look foward to posting it up soon. ;-)
    what type of riding are you planing on doing? the totem will slaken the bike out and it will be better for DH and tech FR where as the shorter pike would give you a steeper head angle ideal for jumping and general trail riding. what i would say is run the pike with a standard headset and run the totem with a zero stack headset. that should give you the closest to ideal head angle. hope this helps

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Dawg
    No, i don't want them at 180mm, i'm from australia, nothing here that justifys 180mm, i'd prefer 135 for our more 'singletrack' based riding. And Marzocchi is not an option, i need to run SRAM i.e Rockshox.
    hey Drew,
    from rideing my rocket around with with a 160mm 66, i have came to the concluesion that a pike would make it very steep and twictchy.

go the lyrics or the toterm!

Bottlerockin'
    Hey Uncle Cliffy any idea on the weight? What about a full build spec for the parts that arent so obvious?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    heres mine, its a little different from the pics, now has zero stack headset, and front brake routed through the steerer tube, new seat too, and maxxis tires.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler8
    Hey Uncle Cliffy any idea on the weight? What about a full build spec for the parts that arent so obvious?
    Here ya go man: Another Bottlerocket??? Ah s**t...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Thanks man. By far the nicest Bottlerocket I've seen...including looks too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karupshun
    There's been a lot of big talk of pink rockets, but no pictures besides

lets see some pink rider builds or my girfriend won't stop asking to see some
    This is the bike I want but in the new blue and white rims
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Heres my forest green and chocolate brown bottle rocket.

mtbr member
    No pic?
    I need more time to ride!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    they show up fine for me they are hosted on Photo bucket here if you cant see them http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mikeriderfr/

mtbr member

sold the BR frame and the blindside should be comin in sometime within the next month
    FOR SALE:
    -TOTEM 2 STEP 8 1/2in steerer tube (1.5)
    650$
    -USB Molly Maguire-$1300

Spreadin the love...
    Crap. That would be what I was looking for!
    Anyone else wanna sell their BR frames??? I need a Medium, prefer black or a raw that I can get coated(without having to blast!). Gotta have the DHX. And I'll sure trade the frame in my sig...too DHish for where I live. South Dakota!

Crash test dummy
    Oct 2007
    Hi all!

Just like to show you my "old" Bottlerocket which is now my grilfriends Bottlerocket And by the way it is 34,5 lbs with that setup.

Blindside coming up any day now.

Cheers!

EDIT: How come the pictures dont line up under each other?!

Big Test Icycles
    New 08' BR. Gotta give a big thanks to the guys at Ride-This for all the help.

mtbr member

08 brocket

My 08:

" width="549">

mtbr member
    May 2007
    My pride and joy.

Spreadin the love...
    Nice pic, God Speed. I'd like to see what the tranny looks like for that gapper! Looks uber fast...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just got her in with an 08 55ETA

1022071801.JPG
    New Image.JPG

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    every time I see these bikes I want one!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey how do you guys think a bottlerocket would go with some Marzocchi Z1's 07. I was thinking about buying a new bike to upgrade to a dually but then i thought since i love these frames maybe i could build up a bottlerocket with the parts off my Sasquatch. Then maybe down the line i could upgrade forks i guess.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    look at the first post, thats close to what it would look like, you could ask him more specific questions about the ride and all too

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie
    Hey how do you guys think a bottlerocket would go with some Marzocchi Z1's 07. I was thinking about buying a new bike to upgrade to a dually but then i thought since i love these frames maybe i could build up a bottlerocket with the parts off my Sasquatch. Then maybe down the line i could upgrade forks i guess.
    the Z.1 is a great fork for the bottle rocket. the BR was designed around a fox 36 up front so seeing as the axle to crown is 5mm difference between the fox and the Z.1. I have a Z1 on my bike right now because I'm rebuilding my fox and it rides just the same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cool, everything else should swap straight over from the sasquatch then. Only problem is that transition now have a new dealer in Aus and theyve jacked up the prices. For a bottlerocket with a dhx in it was 1800 last year now its stepped up to 2300. I bet theyve got themselves a nice little profit margin in there.

mtbr member
    Cool, everything else should swap straight over from the sasquatch then. Only problem is that transition now have a new dealer in Aus and theyve jacked up the prices. For a bottlerocket with a dhx in it was 1800 last year now its stepped up to 2300. I bet theyve got themselves a nice little profit margin in there.
    That sucks. The Aus dollar is stronger than ever against the US dollar and they raised the price that much. I wonder if Transition knows this. Maybe try to buy a used one on line here. It could save you quite a bit of money.

TG

mtbr member
    So I just got my BR back from Spectrum Powder Works. They did an amazing job:

It's orange w/ gold pearl decals and a gold flake clear on top. I should have it built back up within the next week or so after a couple of things arrive.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumagent Morple
    So I just got my BR back from Spectrum Powder Works.
    It's orange w/ gold pearl decals and a gold flake clear on top. I should have it built back up within the next week or so after a couple of things arrive.
    Damn... This was my idea! Nice!!!

vellofahrär
    @chinkerjuarez
    how is your thru-axle working, recived my 55eta, but i cant fit the axle in the left side of the fork... (i used maxle system, i know how it should work but i dont get the thread fitted)
    can u help me?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The axle goes in the right leg I believe. from what i remember will know when I get home. The axle works differently from the maxle. you just turn it counterclockwise to unscrew and on the other side there is a little plastic tab. push it down and pull out the axle. To put it in screw it in clockwise till you hear a click and you are done. No levers to flip or anthing just screw it in and out

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    confirmed axle is in the right leg

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    bodgie, I might have to sell my small 07' BR w/ DHX 5.0 coil. Pm me if interested

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    As good as that offer sounds i think a small wouldnt be big enough for my liking. I'd either get a medium or large i think. Would use it for some light downhilling as well as the usual freeriding and dirtjumping so id want something slightly bigger. The medium Sasquatch i got at the moment feels a bit to small as it is. Also i wasnt really looking at buying too soon just yet, just looking into it for the future in a few months.

mtbr member
    heres my beauty....

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by igotbanned
    heres my beauty....
    Sick... 66RC3 I assume... Like it?

mtbr member
    shitty photo but it's a joke N-E-way...

Here's a US POSTAL team addition.

We'll ping better photos as the bike gets built.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

Spreadin the love...
    Hey, any of you guys have a medium you'd want to trade for a large?? My buds got a raw 07 in awesome condition, just slightly too big...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast