Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonster89
    Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you were running the Totem coil on their BR, and was wondering how they liked it. I just ordered one with it so i just wanted to know.
    Loving the Totem Coil on my Bottlerocket. I think it was the best choice for me. I was pretty torn between the 36 Vanilla RC2, the 66 RC2, and the Totem and I'm glad I went with the Totem. It slackens the bike (some like, some dont) but makes an incredibly capable freeride rig. I love the simplicity of the tuning, as adjustments are mad easy. I cannot say how much I love this fork.
    Go for it man.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sweet thanks for that. YEah i was trying to choose between the van and tot also and went with the totem. How is the floodgate working on yours. I've heard people say that they have busted it.

i like rocks
    i cannot help myself, i thought this photo was worthy of a repost and inclusion in the photo album.

mtbr member
    Hell yeah its worth it nice ride bro.. Stats?? Note a BR but here is my new Preston..

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    there is a preston photo thread fyi

but yeah sick bike either way

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    Let me bring this thread back to life! 08 BR
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

weight

fr-rider,
    What's the weight on your BR? Looks like a fun bike.

Enjoy!

TG

Ride Hard, Ride Free
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    fr-rider,
    What's the weight on your BR? Looks like a fun bike.

Enjoy!

TG
    I haven't got an accurate weight, but I'm guessing 35 lbs.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Here's mine...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Here's mine...
    Very, very nice. How's the CCDB?

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    Very, very nice. How's the CCDB?
    Very tunable... Only problem is, it took me about 10 rides on my last bike to leave it alone. Now since this bike is so different in design, I have to start all over. Probably won't take me as long this time, it already feels great. (Only have one ride on the bike at the moment...)

Another Bottlerocket??? Ah s**t...

kids bike riding coont!
    Apr 2005
    Hey guys;

Well i've got my bottle rocket nearling completion now, but i'm a bit stuck with forks. i'd like to hear it from bottle rocket owners themselves; I have Totem 2step airs or Pike 454 air u-turns to choose from as these are the 2 offered to me for a very cheap price; The totems are my initial reaction as they're the more sturdy fork, but i don't want to run 180mm up front, which leaves the other travel setting of 135mm, what i want to know is how much this will affect the bottle rocket geo as i know they are designed optimally for a 150mm fork. I'd just like to hear from someone who runs totem 2steps or a 130-140mm travel fork, i wouldn't imagine it'd affect it that much but you never know.

Look foward to posting it up soon. ;-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    um i am guessing you will like the totem more cause most peoiple run BR's at like 180 anyways, with a 66, and you could always just drop the travel for climbs and such

kids bike riding coont!
    Apr 2005
    No, i don't want them at 180mm, i'm from australia, nothing here that justifys 180mm, i'd prefer 135 for our more 'singletrack' based riding. And Marzocchi is not an option, i need to run SRAM i.e Rockshox.

mtbr member
    Why not a Lyric? Or, if you get the solo air Totem, you can lower it via spacers. Voila- 150mm Totem.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Dawg
    Hey guys;

Well i've got my bottle rocket nearling completion now, but i'm a bit stuck with forks. i'd like to hear it from bottle rocket owners themselves; I have Totem 2step airs or Pike 454 air u-turns to choose from as these are the 2 offered to me for a very cheap price; The totems are my initial reaction as they're the more sturdy fork, but i don't want to run 180mm up front, which leaves the other travel setting of 135mm, what i want to know is how much this will affect the bottle rocket geo as i know they are designed optimally for a 150mm fork. I'd just like to hear from someone who runs totem 2steps or a 130-140mm travel fork, i wouldn't imagine it'd affect it that much but you never know.

Look foward to posting it up soon. ;-)
    what type of riding are you planing on doing? the totem will slaken the bike out and it will be better for DH and tech FR where as the shorter pike would give you a steeper head angle ideal for jumping and general trail riding. what i would say is run the pike with a standard headset and run the totem with a zero stack headset. that should give you the closest to ideal head angle. hope this helps

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew_Dawg
    No, i don't want them at 180mm, i'm from australia, nothing here that justifys 180mm, i'd prefer 135 for our more 'singletrack' based riding. And Marzocchi is not an option, i need to run SRAM i.e Rockshox.
    hey Drew,
    from rideing my rocket around with with a 160mm 66, i have came to the concluesion that a pike would make it very steep and twictchy.

go the lyrics or the toterm!

Bottlerockin'
    Hey Uncle Cliffy any idea on the weight? What about a full build spec for the parts that arent so obvious?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    heres mine, its a little different from the pics, now has zero stack headset, and front brake routed through the steerer tube, new seat too, and maxxis tires.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler8
    Hey Uncle Cliffy any idea on the weight? What about a full build spec for the parts that arent so obvious?
    Here ya go man: Another Bottlerocket??? Ah s**t...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Thanks man. By far the nicest Bottlerocket I've seen...including looks too!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Karupshun
    There's been a lot of big talk of pink rockets, but no pictures besides

lets see some pink rider builds or my girfriend won't stop asking to see some
    This is the bike I want but in the new blue and white rims
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Heres my forest green and chocolate brown bottle rocket.

mtbr member
    No pic?
    I need more time to ride!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    they show up fine for me they are hosted on Photo bucket here if you cant see them http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p112/mikeriderfr/

mtbr member

sold the BR frame and the blindside should be comin in sometime within the next month
    FOR SALE:
    -TOTEM 2 STEP 8 1/2in steerer tube (1.5)
    650$
    -USB Molly Maguire-$1300

Spreadin the love...
    Crap. That would be what I was looking for!
    Anyone else wanna sell their BR frames??? I need a Medium, prefer black or a raw that I can get coated(without having to blast!). Gotta have the DHX. And I'll sure trade the frame in my sig...too DHish for where I live. South Dakota!

Crash test dummy
    Oct 2007
    Hi all!

Just like to show you my "old" Bottlerocket which is now my grilfriends Bottlerocket And by the way it is 34,5 lbs with that setup.

Blindside coming up any day now.

Cheers!

EDIT: How come the pictures dont line up under each other?!

Big Test Icycles
    New 08' BR. Gotta give a big thanks to the guys at Ride-This for all the help.

mtbr member

08 brocket

My 08:

" width="549">

mtbr member
    May 2007
    My pride and joy.

Spreadin the love...
    Nice pic, God Speed. I'd like to see what the tranny looks like for that gapper! Looks uber fast...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just got her in with an 08 55ETA

1022071801.JPG
    New Image.JPG

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    every time I see these bikes I want one!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey how do you guys think a bottlerocket would go with some Marzocchi Z1's 07. I was thinking about buying a new bike to upgrade to a dually but then i thought since i love these frames maybe i could build up a bottlerocket with the parts off my Sasquatch. Then maybe down the line i could upgrade forks i guess.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    look at the first post, thats close to what it would look like, you could ask him more specific questions about the ride and all too

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bodgie
    Hey how do you guys think a bottlerocket would go with some Marzocchi Z1's 07. I was thinking about buying a new bike to upgrade to a dually but then i thought since i love these frames maybe i could build up a bottlerocket with the parts off my Sasquatch. Then maybe down the line i could upgrade forks i guess.
    the Z.1 is a great fork for the bottle rocket. the BR was designed around a fox 36 up front so seeing as the axle to crown is 5mm difference between the fox and the Z.1. I have a Z1 on my bike right now because I'm rebuilding my fox and it rides just the same.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Cool, everything else should swap straight over from the sasquatch then. Only problem is that transition now have a new dealer in Aus and theyve jacked up the prices. For a bottlerocket with a dhx in it was 1800 last year now its stepped up to 2300. I bet theyve got themselves a nice little profit margin in there.

mtbr member
    Cool, everything else should swap straight over from the sasquatch then. Only problem is that transition now have a new dealer in Aus and theyve jacked up the prices. For a bottlerocket with a dhx in it was 1800 last year now its stepped up to 2300. I bet theyve got themselves a nice little profit margin in there.
    That sucks. The Aus dollar is stronger than ever against the US dollar and they raised the price that much. I wonder if Transition knows this. Maybe try to buy a used one on line here. It could save you quite a bit of money.

TG

mtbr member
    So I just got my BR back from Spectrum Powder Works. They did an amazing job:

It's orange w/ gold pearl decals and a gold flake clear on top. I should have it built back up within the next week or so after a couple of things arrive.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumagent Morple
    So I just got my BR back from Spectrum Powder Works.
    It's orange w/ gold pearl decals and a gold flake clear on top. I should have it built back up within the next week or so after a couple of things arrive.
    Damn... This was my idea! Nice!!!

vellofahrär
    @chinkerjuarez
    how is your thru-axle working, recived my 55eta, but i cant fit the axle in the left side of the fork... (i used maxle system, i know how it should work but i dont get the thread fitted)
    can u help me?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The axle goes in the right leg I believe. from what i remember will know when I get home. The axle works differently from the maxle. you just turn it counterclockwise to unscrew and on the other side there is a little plastic tab. push it down and pull out the axle. To put it in screw it in clockwise till you hear a click and you are done. No levers to flip or anthing just screw it in and out

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    confirmed axle is in the right leg

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    bodgie, I might have to sell my small 07' BR w/ DHX 5.0 coil. Pm me if interested

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    As good as that offer sounds i think a small wouldnt be big enough for my liking. I'd either get a medium or large i think. Would use it for some light downhilling as well as the usual freeriding and dirtjumping so id want something slightly bigger. The medium Sasquatch i got at the moment feels a bit to small as it is. Also i wasnt really looking at buying too soon just yet, just looking into it for the future in a few months.

mtbr member
    heres my beauty....

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by igotbanned
    heres my beauty....
    Sick... 66RC3 I assume... Like it?

mtbr member
    shitty photo but it's a joke N-E-way...

Here's a US POSTAL team addition.

We'll ping better photos as the bike gets built.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

Spreadin the love...
    Hey, any of you guys have a medium you'd want to trade for a large?? My buds got a raw 07 in awesome condition, just slightly too big...

mtbr member
    Heh. Looks like they changed the air valve on the Roco TST.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just got my new Mango Chris King 1.5 Devolution installed on my Bottlerocket. It is awesome same proven King with a new preloader laser etched headlock that is very nice.
    1218072109.jpg

1218072111.jpg

1218072113.jpg

≈ > ♥
    Nice! I have a black one coming for my BR, too.

mtbr member
    Looks great chinker. I think I'll pick one up in gold for mine. How does the preloader work exactly?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It works similar to a azonic headlock. The only difference is it adjusts to different lengths by pulling a pin and making it longer or shorter based on your steer tube length. It also comes with different caps for the bottom of the preloader based on what fork you have so it fits the hole in the bottom of the steer tube correctly.

mtbr member
    Ah, I see. That's what I figured.

mtbr member
    Some new pics of mine.

*edit*Poorly P-shopped the pooper scooper kickstand out
    Last edited by combatkimura; 12-27-2007 at 03:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    prolly my favorite br in the thread, btw you should get a gold seatpost clamp and some gold pro II's and maybe some gold hope rotors

mtbr member
    Wow you just literally named off everything on my "to get" list. I really want those gold pro II's to be laced to gold rims with silver spokes but that limits my rim choices too much. I'm thinking the pro II's laced to Syncros DS28s or DT5.1s in black using silver spokes.

Thanks for the props!

Spreadin the love...
    haha...built after my own heart! But you need my pedals! Check it:

Which also matches my STD...

BTW, that was me who's spring you just emailed about! You've got mail...

Spreadin the love...
    This is my bro's BR for sale or TRADE for a medium...
    06 size large, awesome condition.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Some new pics of mine.

Yes, it sure is being held up by a pooper scooper LOL.

Excuse me while i relieve myself in the restroom

mtbr member
    Woops, you know what we forgot scorpionsf? Gold CK headset...

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    very true, and nipples too

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Scorpion, those are profiles, yes? If so, did you happen to weigh them before installation?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    ITS NOT MY BIKE, IT'S COMBATKIMURA'S, sorry for caps, i was using autocad at work

Spreadin the love...
    Hell, dood,,, you can even get Magura rotors with gold vented centers. DEF pimp... plus gold lever blades, gold barend caps(TBC even has some!), and I THINK you can even track down gold pivot bolts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    pivot bolts are easy to get, someone on here has them, the one who has the white/gold covert then made it into a preston

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    Scorpion, those are profiles, yes? If so, did you happen to weigh them before installation?
    They are actually Poverty POWs; cranks, bb, chainwheel weighed in at 3.23#. Chainwheel was 3.01 oz.

vellofahrär
    amazing ride, love this setup.
    edit: combatkimura, jes i talked about yours! congratulation!
    Last edited by valentinweitz; 12-29-2007 at 02:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by valentinweitz
    @mattp
    amazing ride, love this setup.
    If you're talking about the raw singlespeed BR that's mine. If it is, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    my BR
    • File Type: jpg br.jpg (162.7 KB, 3160 views)

mtbr member
    Very nice, what wheels?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    mavic 729+hope bulb!+DT champ+big betty(880gr)
    bike weight about 38-39lb
    i amwaiting totem solo air

Bottlerockin'
    I think the changes warrant an updated pic

majority of changes went here:

Changes since last picture posted:
    Shimano Hone cranks
    Shimano Ultegra (12-27) cassette
    E.13 LG1
    E.13 36 tooth chainring
    Syncros Bulk
    Syncros Mental Magnesium
    Thomson Elite X4 1.5
    Sunline Half-Waffle grips

vellofahrär
    looks hot, i like it! :thumbup:
    nice setup.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    heres some recent shots of my BR in action,

this step down is so fun

fun in the mud

short roll

more berms

whip it, a little any way.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.rider
    heres some recent shots of my BR in action,
    Cool shots man! Looks like a fun area.

≈ > ♥
    1.5 King goodness

mtbr member

Updated Pics some new parts

Recently added:
    -HB Stroker Trails 203f 180r
    -Gold pivot bolts
    -Blackspire Stinger Chainguide which I had to make a bend in to line up with my chainline and clear my crank arm

mtbr member
    Out of curiosity, why do you run a chain guide when you've already got a tensioner running in the rear?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Lookin at all these BR's makes me wanna build one or some Transition, maybe a Blindside but here I am building a Yeti, I am however using the Revolution wheelset

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    Out of curiosity, why do you run a chain guide when you've already got a tensioner running in the rear?
    I use it mainly to reduce chain stretch and it helps to eliminate most of the chan slap on the bottom of the chainstay.

mtbr member
    My new ride all done. Good to be part of the Transition group.
    Med. BR
    rear shock = Roco TST
    front = Fox 36 talas RC2
    Shifters = X.0 triggers
    Rear derailleur = X.9 Med. cage**
    front derailleur = X.7
    cranks = hone
    cassette = sram 990
    chain = sram 991
    brakes = Avid juicy carbons
    post = Thomson
    stem = Thomson
    seat = WTB rocket v slt
    wheels = Mavic 823
    hubs = Hope pro 2
    tires = Maxxis minion UST DH
    bar = Easton havoc DH
    grips = ODI white ruffian
    headset = CaneCreek double XC headset
    chain guide = Blackspire stinger
    pedals = Crank Brothers mallets (may change to 50/50's)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    I use it mainly to reduce chain stretch and it helps to eliminate most of the chan slap on the bottom of the chainstay.
    Wouldn't dropping some of the links on your chain help with that problem(chain slap)? Plus, wouldn't running the chain guide and tensioner give you the same result as running just the tensioner with the shortened chain in regards to the chain stretch problem? Correct me if I'm wrong please, I'm somewhat of a newbie and am just trying to learn.

Everyone else, sweet rides! Viewing this thread really makes me want to set up my own BR, but finances just won't allow it right now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    Wouldn't dropping some of the links on your chain help with that problem(chain slap)? Plus, wouldn't running the chain guide and tensioner give you the same result as running just the tensioner with the shortened chain in regards to the chain stretch problem? Correct me if I'm wrong please, I'm somewhat of a newbie and am just trying to learn.

Everyone else, sweet rides! Viewing this thread really makes me want to set up my own BR, but finances just won't allow it right now.
    The position of the pulley is what is reducing the chain stretch. Shortening the chain doesn't leave me enough room to cycle through the travel.

mtbr member
    Sweet! Thanks for the explanation.

vellofahrär
    finally, i've got mine...

i really love this bike (it's my first "softtail").

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Nice bike with 55 is it? 55 ata2 ?

vellofahrär
    thanx, its a 55 eta

Ideas Above My Station...
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    This is my bro's BR for sale or TRADE for a medium...
    06 size large, awesome condition.

Just out of interest how tall is your Bro, i'm trying to work out what size to get, and i'm a bit under 6'2", so how tall he is to feel a medium is better for him.

Ta

J

Photowhore
    Jan 2007
    My Bottlerocket

Frame: Transition Bottlerocket
    Forks: Fox 36 Talas R (100mm,130mm,160mm adjustable travel)
    Shock: Fox DHX 5.0 Air
    Hubs: Funn
    Rims: MTX chrome
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7, 8 inch rotors
    Handle bars: Deity White
    Headset: Deity White
    Guide: Gamut Light Guide.
    Pedals: Crankbrothers 50/50xx
    Seat: Some cheapish, comfy white one.
    Seat post: Raceface
    Derailleur: Sram x9
    Shifter: Sram
    Tyres: Syncros, Ill put Maxxis minions on for DH racing.

Spreadin the love...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange-Goblin
    Just out of interest how tall is your Bro, i'm trying to work out what size to get, and i'm a bit under 6'2", so how tall he is to feel a medium is better for him.

Ta

J
    He's 6'2". He ended up selling his large rocket and got a medium Blindside, loves it more betterer.

valentinweitz

What's all that NC-17 stuff?? Is that the company or what???

mtbr member

i like rocks
    just got done giving her the full on every bolt mid winter rebuild, also just got the rear shock back from Push.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Looks good i just went through my bike as well. you need to get some of the red bolts and bearing covers for that beast. also your shock is on backwards, on bottom out the resivoir will hit the downtube.
    Transition Bikes 2008

i like rocks
    i have it on that way, as i had more of a concern of it hitting the tube the other way around. but anyways, is been like that since the day i bought it, about 10 months of near daily riding, and hasn't hit the downtube.

pretty good idea on the bolts, though i think i'll pass on the bearing covers.

mtbr member
    ewantupper: awesome build love the polished MTXs

euroford: looks great as always, we'll need a full report on the PUSH treatment.

valentinweitz: absolutely mint, love the NC-17 parts and I have chainguide envy big-time.

I've decided to switch from singlespeed to a 1x9 setup, SS is great but it's just not practical for what I'll be doing this season. So I have on the way a Profile Imperial 36t chainwheel, an MRP G2 guide, and SRAM X.9 rear mech/shifter, chain and 11-26 cassette. Should be fun.

MyBikeStand.com
    alright.........I am convinced........I am getting a Bottle Rocket!!!!!

i like rocks
    i've had very little time on the shock so far, rode around town for an hour saturday and rode it to work this morning. so far things are very positive, the shock feels plusher and more active, but the bike also pedals 100% better. almost zero pedal pob! its like the propedal is finally actually really doing what its supposed to do.

she's going to spend the weekend getting flogged out at Ray's, so after riding to work all this week and a weekend of that, i should have a good feeling for it. i'll start a new thread and do a thorough writeup next week if i have time.

wingnut: pull the trigger dude!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0