Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2008

My BR....

This thing is super sweet.. feels like my Dj bike but on the trail..
    Attachment 480628
    Attachment 480629
    Last edited by slugster; 08-17-2010 at 06:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dfrazm
    Definitely. I have not been out there yet, and really want to hit it up (I have not jumped in quite some time, and it looks like there is some killer stuff out there). I would totally be in to do some trail work too. You organize this, or is that Clockwork's baby? I will shoot you a PM when I have (get) some time to get out there, as I travel a ton for work (and I don't know exactly where it is . I live in Chandler so it is a schlep to get out to Usery area (but a lot closer than Sunrise, which I guess is closing for the season soon anyway)

BTW your BR set-up is sweet, I love the gold TBC parts, built mine on a budget but definitely going to do some more investing.
    Yeah, Clockwork is the foreman out there. I try to help where I can. Hit me up sometime, I live in Queen Creek but get out there a couple saturday mornings a month and lots of evenings when the weather cools. The bottlerocket thrives at NRA.
    Binary • Transition Bikes • Demon Dirt •

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by max.zorro
    My BR ) Fist in this thread with Wotan i think

From Russia with love ))))

dang man, way sick picture! clean BR for sure

what rotors are those?

mtbr member
    ... my just refreshed up BR ... just lovin it every day more ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gravity addict
    This is my 2007 Bottlerocket.
    Kinda of a long story behind this bike, Last October I was riding a Dirtbag when I broke my collarbone into 3 pieces, dislocated my shoulder, and knocked myself out. Over the course of the next 9 months I sold my Dirtbag thinking I was never going to heal. Finally in June I had my surgery and now things are looking positive for a return to the trails. So I started my hunt for a new ride, and decided I was going to give a Bottlerocket a try. I found this one on Ebay for $1250, when I received the bike the overall description of the condition from the seller was all wrong. The bike was rode hard and pretty thrashed (found a sticker from a rental shop for a bike park on it). I replaced several items right off the bat that was broke, bent or plain wore out. Luckily the fork, rear shock and pivots and bearings was in great shape, and my first ride on it surprised me. Since the first initial repairs I’ve replaced the seat post, paint the bars and bash guard to add a little flare till I have the bike powder coated black or white over the winter. So far the bike is pretty much stock as it came in 07. Mechanically the bike is good condition, but cosmetically has been through the war LOL. But my experience on this bike has been awesome…and it climbs well for its weight. Thankfully this bike will be rode going down the mountain instead of up but if needed will go up.

How's that dirt taste?

i like rocks
    good lord, will i ever be done spending money on this gosh darn thing? mostly likely not, its just such a beeeeetchin machine that it just keeps getting better.

Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Awesome, euroford!!!

toby

mtbr member
    May 2007

my new bottlerocket

Spent until the wee hours last night building it up. Aside from one stipped shock bolt it went together fairly painlessly.

definitely liking the purple.

brendan

✭✭✭

HS BR - Hammerschmidt Bottlerocket dinglespeed

I've been riding this for a while now and someone asked me the other day to put it up on mtbr as there was some interest in the single/double speed on the BR. Running the Hammerschmidt 24t on either a 16/18/20t cog (24t chainring x 1.6 = 38t in Overdrive) pending on where I'm riding and whether I need to climb or not. A YESS ETR-D takes up the chain slack and allows for just enough movement due to the suspension's chain growth. The drivetrain is silent even over chunk.

Last edited by zippo; 10-16-2009 at 11:57 PM.
    merely a flesh wound

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    ^ Been singlespeed since 07. Here's and old pic. Im currently @ 35 lbs. Will post updated pics soon

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Updated the Bottlerocket from the 55 ETA to a 2009 Fox 36 Float RC2. Got it brand new at veloswap for $500 I couldn't pass it up. Also added the V1 bars and Elixir R's. Was on the Elixirs for all of last season and love them. I also played with the left over stickers I had.

....just cruisin through

Update

Got some new bling - Temple Lite with matching end caps, Thomson Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers.....

Gravity addict
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford
    good lord, will i ever be done spending money on this gosh darn thing? mostly likely not, its just such a beeeeetchin machine that it just keeps getting better.

Is that a Hammerschmidt crankset on that beast? great looking bike....if is a Hammerschmidt what do you think of it?
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    does the latest revision of this frame still have the seat tube/top tube gusset on the large?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pancho4
    does the latest revision of this frame still have the seat tube/top tube gusset on the large?
    Nope. Haven't for a while.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

here's mine

its heavy but you can't kill it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album-r0011815_small-02.jpg  

Gravity addict
    here is my work in process....I stripped it down to give it a raw look now I'm polishing it up. This is just the first polishing, may do three or four more times. let me know what ya think.....

this was before I tore it down
    How's that dirt taste?

MyBikeStand.com
    I have been on the fence of doing that to mine since I got it. There are a few races coming up but after that I may polish mine as well - to a mirror finish though!!

yours looks great so far, cant wait to see it built!

Gravity addict

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by WingNutt
    I have been on the fence of doing that to mine since I got it. There are a few races coming up but after that I may polish mine as well - to a mirror finish though!!

yours looks great so far, cant wait to see it built!
    well just sanded mine down some more and polished everything probably 4times total. Its not mirror but its pretty close to it. My new bearings and bearing tool comes in today, so either I'll start rebuilding tonight or tomorrow. I'll post pictures of it for sure tomorrow. Kinda considering doing my rev 36's now...it's almost to blingy for me but hell hunters will see me coming, or get blinded when I fly by LOL
    How's that dirt taste?

Gravity addict
    well here it is semi-back together. Thinking of stripping and polishing my front wheel and doing the rear in black. Its gonna look so pimpin when finished!
    How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    very nice !!

Gravity addict
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuzafreerider
    This is my 2007 Bottlerocket.
    Kinda of a long story behind this bike, Last October I was riding a Dirtbag when I broke my collarbone into 3 pieces, dislocated my shoulder, and knocked myself out. Over the course of the next 9 months I sold my Dirtbag thinking I was never going to heal. Finally in June I had my surgery and now things are looking positive for a return to the trails. So I started my hunt for a new ride, and decided I was going to give a Bottlerocket a try. I found this one on Ebay for $1250, when I received the bike the overall description of the condition from the seller was all wrong. The bike was rode hard and pretty thrashed (found a sticker from a rental shop for a bike park on it). I replaced several items right off the bat that was broke, bent or plain wore out. Luckily the fork, rear shock and pivots and bearings was in great shape, and my first ride on it surprised me. Since the first initial repairs I’ve replaced the seat post, paint the bars and bash guard to add a little flare till I have the bike powder coated black or white over the winter. So far the bike is pretty much stock as it came in 07. Mechanically the bike is good condition, but cosmetically has been through the war LOL. But my experience on this bike has been awesome…and it climbs well for its weight. Thankfully this bike will be rode going down the mountain instead of up but if needed will go up.

Well here it is after going the raw route then polished...still some stuff to do it in time but hell its winter and have plenty of time.
    How's that dirt taste?

Gravity addict
    How's that dirt taste?

Gravity addict
    Sorry guys bad link this is what it used to look like

This is what it looks like as of today, its ready to ride but not all upgrades I want are on it yet....

How's that dirt taste?

mtbr member
    There are some slick rides in here!!
    Here's my rigg.

" width="549">
    Four wheels move the body.
    Two wheels move the soul.

i like rocks
    Is that a Hammerschmidt crankset on that beast? great looking bike....if is a Hammerschmidt what do you think of it?
    yup. and its AWESOME. transformed the bike, it just LEAPS forward when pedaled now.

now i can kill the resorts, self shuttle AND take it on AM/XC rides. i've even been commuting to work on it lately.

i can't get over how ecstatic i am about this upgrade.

and btw: your rig is looking dead sexy right there!
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Well, never mind. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 12-21-2009 at 07:38 PM.

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr willy
    There are some slick rides in here!!
    Here's my rigg.

" width="549">
    Dr willy, what hubs you running on your rigg?
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball
    looks like those are Transition hubs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball
    Yup, Transition
    Four wheels move the body.
    Two wheels move the soul.

mtbr member
    whether you care that they're discountinued -- the 08 Preston's climb better than the BR.
    small and medium only..
    PM me for a today only price.
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Mine...

Banshee Rune - Santa Cruz Nomad - Santa Cruz Blur LT - Transition Bottle Rocket

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    wow, nice BR Biomass! what saddle are you running??

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr willy
    Yup, Transition
    Sweet! I just ordered a set
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    bikedeal's (the new israeli distributor) first demo br !

size : m
    tr am kit
    fork : 36float rc2
    shock : 10' rp23
    weight : 31.8lbs w/o pedals !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transition Bottlerocket Photo Album-img_0424-3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Did you put a clear coat on that, or just leave it raw and polished? How hard is it to keep looking that nice? I'm in the process of stripping my covert, and torn between leaving it raw or getting it powder coated.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ban
    wow, nice BR Biomass! what saddle are you running??
    I'm now running charge spoon saddle...thanks
    Banshee Rune - Santa Cruz Nomad - Santa Cruz Blur LT - Transition Bottle Rocket

MyBikeStand.com
    ok a few updates .... Sunline bars, pedals and grips, ditched the 66's for the Domains with U-turn, and changed the shock form coil to custom HTS tuned air shock. Dropped about 3 lbs. Would really like some Hammershcmidts and lighter tires, could go lighter wheels but am happy with what I have. Just need a new chainguide and new Transition stickers for now. The last pic is of the BR on my new Kuat Sherpa rack.

Gravity addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WingNutt
    ok a few updates .... Sunline bars, pedals and grips, ditched the 66's for the Domains with U-turn, and changed the shock form coil to custom HTS tuned air shock. Dropped about 3 lbs. Would really like some Hammershcmidts and lighter tires, could go lighter wheels but am happy with what I have. Just need a new chainguide and new Transition stickers for now. The last pic is of the BR on my new Kuat Sherpa rack.

So you still have the 66's? are they for sell? and too the bike looks sweet...
    How's that dirt taste?

MyBikeStand.com
    Nope...sold them on Ebay and paid for these. They were nice forks just too tall for me and the way I ride. I have been trying to learn to ride cleaner and in the process have been able to downsize my bike and loose weight all while going faster. The bonus is I was able to gain TONS of adjustability and not loose any of its toughness...I ride Bootleg Canyon with it. Same trails and gnar...just lighter bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ILFREERIDER

size : m
    tr am kit
    fork : 36float rc2
    shock : 10' rp23
    weight : 31.8lbs w/o pedals !!!

How big gone with the AM wheels? Any issues with the lighter wheelset? What about the Float with the BR? Like it, do well on the bigger hits?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lmosnow
    How big gone with the AM wheels? Any issues with the lighter wheelset? What about the Float with the BR? Like it, do well on the bigger hits?
    im about 200lbs w/o gear and the wheels are doing well.they are definitely though not dh strong.for general purpose riding they suit very well ,but if you go real big get the rev32 !
    the rp23 with boost valve is just an amazing shock ! good midstroke support ,tracks well and soaks landings very good.

mtbr member
    Wife's new-to-her Bottle Rocket. I'm so proud!

-

-

i like rocks
    just got my V1 bottlerocket back together. i think if you scrolled back through this thread you could see her entire evolution. now with an adjustable seatpost, sitting at 37.1 pounds.

Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by euroford
    just got my V1 bottlerocket back together. i think if you scrolled back through this thread you could see her entire evolution. now with an adjustable seatpost, sitting at 37.1 pounds.

Looking sharp. I've got a couple changes that I either just made or have in the works for mine. Pics soon.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    This is interesting! How did you get a KS seatpost in there? The Bottlerocket has 30.0 seatpost diameter, isn't it?

i like rocks
    it is a KS i950r seatpost, 5" travel and 30.9 diameter. needless to say the seattube on my frame is no longer covered under warranty! though the final wall thickness is no less than 2.01mm and kyle told me this would "probably be okay". i wouldn't take that as an approval, but just an assurance that i've not definitely wrecked my frame.

now that the thing pedals soooooo good with the hammerschnozzle an adjustable seatpost was a logical next step on my path to pedal anywhere freeride enlightenment.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    So a 30.9 KS seatpost would work just fine?

i like rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_ventura
    So a 30.9 KS seatpost would work just fine?
    i'll be finding out i guess!
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

i like rocks
    swapped in an 11-34 xt cassette to replace the 12-27 road cassette, and also an x9 short cage der to replace the midcage. has not been riddin in anger yet, though i rode it to work the last two days and i'm LOVIN IT. i can't wait for the resorts to open again!!

Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD