Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Transition Bikes in midair!

198K views 462 replies 170 participants last post by  cazman72 
#1 ·
Transition Bikes in midair! Post your pictures

time to do some free advertising for this company, post your pictures of flying Transition bikes!
No matter if 1 inch or 20 feet off the ground, as long as they are in the air

I'll start with a shot from last week, post canyon, Oregon.

Unknown rider on a bottlerocket, step up:

See less See more
#4 ·
2006 Black DirtBag:thumbsup:

The now Closed TOE Flow Trail Lakeland, FL
[URL="
[/URL]

Trail gap at the TOE
[URL="
[/URL]

Flow Trail @ TOE
[URL="
[/URL]

Santos 10ft gap jump
[URL="
[/URL]

Creek gap jump N. GA
[URL="
[/URL]

First Drop on DH trail N. GA
[URL="
[/URL]

#15 ·
GETSTUPID said:
Hey scrub what kind of shoes and pedals you ridin?
Shimano M647, Lake MX-165 shoes with Specialized Body Geometry insoles. Very comfortable combo! Same pedals on my hardtail. The shoes are decently stiff for pedaling, but have awesome Vibram shoe tread for those off the bike hoofing it times.

#17 ·
hey man, is that a 150mm or 180mm travis on your preston? what do you think of it? i have a travis 150 that i am going to use for a build. right now i have not decided on whether to build a preston, bottlerocket, or lay down the dough on a heckler. i am leaning towards the BR but havent made up my mind. i have a sherman on my current bike and am very happy with it. are you happy with your decision on the travis?
Thanks, John

#19 ·
Scrubby, you need a cape. :p

brokenchain, I'm assuming that question is directed at me, correct? I actually just swapped the 2006 Travis Single 150 out for a 2006 66 Light last weekend. The Travis 150 was a perfect match for my Preston. I don't care what anyone says about Manitou, that fork has held up great and is much more responsive to technical terrain than the 66 is. However, the 66 is much more plush, and probably too much fork for that bike. My Preston feels a little to raked with the 66, but I suspect that a travel reduction will put things back in check. My advice is to rock the Travis 150 on the Preston and a 170+ fork on a BottleRocket. Your geometry will be better off that way. My $0.02.

#26 ·
Adding a couple more shots to the thread....:drumroll:

Layin it out at a Comp in Santos, FL
[URL="
[/URL]

Floating down in at a Comp at the now Decease TOE (Trails of Experience in Lakeland, FL)
[URL="
[/URL]