mtbr member

TransAM 29 sizing help

Good morning! I am planning on ordering a TransAM 29 this afternoon but am uncertain about what size frame to get. For 29ers I have had a medium RIP9 and a medium KHS Tucson. Both of those bikes felt fine to me. I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. According to the chart I should be on the Large but I am not 100% certain on this. My bike shop just picked up Transition and they do not have anything to try out to figure sizing. Any advice will be appreciated.

eci
    i'm 5'10" with a 29 inch inseam and on a medium frame with a 50mm stem and straight seat post. My suggestion is to go medium because you can get a layback post and longer stem to adjust.

mtbr member
    I ordered the medium. I can't wait for it to arrive!

Group Hug Participant

Reconsider

Unless you like riding bikes with tight cockpits and frames, I think a medium is going to feel too small for you. I'm 5-8 with a 30 inseam. The medium fits me perfectly. If anything, go with a larger frame with a shorter stem.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RuLz View Post
    Unless you like riding bikes with tight cockpits and frames, I think a medium is going to feel too small for you. I'm 5-8 with a 30 inseam. The medium fits me perfectly. If anything, go with a larger frame with a shorter stem.
    Thought I remember you posting a pic of a banshee paradox on here once......how does the transAM compare ?

Group Hug Participant
    Sorry, I just realized this thread's for the Transam, not the Bandit. Doh!
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

mtbr member
    Either way it's ordered at medium so we'll see what kind of fit I get out of it. I did a dirty fit on a transam 26er as the top tube was pretty darn close (odd enough).

mtbr member
    2 rides in and loving the TransAM. Curious though, why are the stock rims shreider valved and not presta? I gotta find some inserts so my prestas fit when these tubes go flat...

mtbr member
    Just throwing a pic of my fun ride...

eci
    rad hwip! can't wait to finish mine up.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I am also about 5'10.5" and a medium feels too short in the TT and is 1" shorter than my current redline 17", measured unscientific ally from the nose to the center of my top cap....... I ordered a large. Only hoping that the standover isn't too much for me...

mtbr member
    I'm 5'10 and ordered a Medium. The top tube is definitely a bit shorter than my old Marin Pine mountain but not by much. It felt a little cramped for the first few rides, but now that I'm used to it, it feels great. I thought about a setback seatpost, but glad I didn't go that route. My stem is 80mm, I think that helps a bunch.
    TransAM 29 sizing help-ta.jpg
    Transition TransAM 29er
    Stan's Arch EX
    Thomson Bits