mtbr member
    Aug 2004

TransAm 26'er going away in 2014?

been wanting to pull the trigger for awhile- just found out the next round of lay-offs are coming so I may need to hold off (again) hopefully they will still be available in a few months...
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Rumour is they are going to 650b. No word yet if it will interchangable with 26" wheels.
    Transition Covert|Transition Bandit|Transition TR450

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dhshuttlemonkey View Post
    Rumour is they are going to 650b. No word yet if it will interchangable with 26" wheels.
    Personally I hope they have both but with that said I secretly hope for a 275. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon but a 275 on a hardtail just seems to make sense to me. For my squish I'll stick with 26, but if transition makes a 275 hardtail trans am I'd be the first in line with cash in hand!

And hopefully if they do it's a frame built specifically around the 275 wheel size so it performs as it should, none of this swappable crap. It's a great idea on paper and an even better selling point for the average consumer but it won't handle nearly as good as it should.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

From BikeRumor.com ...

TransAm 26'er going away in 2014?-transition-trans-am-27.5-hardtail-eurobike.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by h20-50 View Post
    Personally I hope they have both but with that said I secretly hope for a 275. I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon but a 275 on a hardtail just seems to make sense to me. For my squish I'll stick with 26, but if transition makes a 275 hardtail trans am I'd be the first in line with cash in hand!

And hopefully if they do it's a frame built specifically around the 275 wheel size so it performs as it should, none of this swappable crap. It's a great idea on paper and an even better selling point for the average consumer but it won't handle nearly as good as it should.
    Look below... where is your pre-order? Should be ready just in time for Christmas...