mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Trans AM Penny for your thoughts

I have been running a longer travel fork on my hardtail and I have been really enjoying it. I still ride 26'ers and I was thinking about getting a Trans AM.

Is the Trans AM going to stick around in 2013? Or will it fade away like so many other HT 26ers? I ask as money is not falling out of my wallet and if I had the luxury of time I may put off the purchase for a couple of months...

Regardless, I am planning to run a 32 Fox Vanilla 130mm on it (new old stock) I assume that'll put the head tube angle around 69 degrees give or take. Nice for or is it alittle short for the frame?

Sizing I think I am running a medium- I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam- usually I look for a frame with at least 22.5" effective top tube and I think I would be a bit compact in the cockpit. Thoughts?
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    Consider a Cotic BFe, if singlespeed isn't a priority for you. Or a Soul, even.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I am a pretty avid ss'er but that aside, why cotic over transition? I appreciate your perspective.
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

mtbr member
    TransAM,, much as I like the look of it, is a very heavy frame relative to the Coric and other similar bikes.