mtbr member
    Dec 2013

New question here. Trans AM 27.5 Questions

Hey all,
    Iím considering buying a Transition Trans AM 27.5. I was originally looking to get a 29er, but considering how short I am ó 5í4Ē, 29Ē inseam ó I think a 650b bike would look more natural/fit better.

I do have some concerns/questions I hope you guys can help sort out.

1) I canít seem to find standover height for the smallest Trans AM on Transitionís website. Anyone know?

2) Iíve never owned a steel bike, so Iím a bit apprehensive about maintaining the frame. What do you guys do to make sure your frame stays rust-free? Iíve seen where people will take apart their bikes down to the frame once a year and apply framesaver. Is this overkill? Does Transition apply framesaver for in their complete bikes?

Iím in Arkansas, FWIW. I want an all-mountain type riding, doing descents and climbs, with a few jumps thrown in. I think The Trans AM is pretty much perfect for that. There is a Transition dealer about 3 hours away, so based on the responses, I may have to make a trip to talk to them/check bikes out in person.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    I don't know the standover height, but you should send them an e-mail. Transition will get back to you pretty quick. I've had same day responses.

One of the features of this frame and their other steel frames is an anti-corrosion coating inside and out. Theoretically, you shouldn't have to do anything except ride the hell out of the thing.
    The cake is a lie.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Thanks for the reply, kubikeman! Sending them an email now. Will post on this thread with useful info I get back for posterity.