igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009

New question here. TR450 <or> EVIL Revolt <or> GIANT Glory '10???

HI all,

Planning to get a proper DH rig in the next few months. Recently I discovered TR450 and it looks sweet and by the looks of it performs too. Here in Australia E.Revolt's frame is $400 less so that's a plus. Giant again is somewhat cheaper that other two.

Lets say money is not an issue, what do you recommend? I'm slowly switching from agressive AM to DH (not planing to race DH).

Any input welcome.

Thanx in advance. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    tr ! best bike , best company service!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    You realize you posted this in the transition forum. People are going to kinda biased i think. But im getting a tr 450 here in two weeks. I have heard great things about them. Id go for the tr if i was you. Don't get the giant. Everyone in the world rides one or wants one. Tranny is the way to go. Awesome customer service. Great warranty. They are hard to beat

mro
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i get the same question b4!! as result i get a TR450 ( i have 06 faith and 08 glory ,they just look like 10 glory and Revolt )

i build it just 2 week and rode for it 3 time ,the pedaling is a bit better then the dual-link system(with same sag i use 350lb spring on TR450 and 400lb/450lb on 06faith/08glory)

the low CG & BB height make the control and corner is good but also make my pedal & crankarm(165mm saint) hit the ground in rocky terrain or jumping(so i set it for 64*HA, 14.25inch BB height)

some review say that the longer wheelbase will make it feel difficulty in nimble terrain, may be but i feel ok in hong kong!

it can be agressive via setting , but similar seeting with my fd's judge, 08 morewood, fose2:1....tr450 is not agressive enough!!

my one is 40.7lb with a 2.8 F/2.5 michelin DH tyre! will be lighter when the new tyre arrival!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_0269-.jpg  

TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_0266.jpg  

TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_0270.jpg  

TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_9908.jpg  

TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_9914.jpg  

TR450 &lt;or&gt; EVIL Revolt &lt;or&gt; GIANT Glory '10???-img_0250-.jpg  

Last edited by mro; 05-02-2010 at 01:50 AM.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi,

Yeah I realise this is TR forum but also thought people will be honest. I mean, I'm a Giant fan because I only rode Giant bikes and I'm very happy with them. That doesn't mean other brands aren't good. When you think about it, the making of a MTB frame isn't exactly a rocket science, so obviously there are many companies out there making beautiful frames, but since I discovered TR450 only a few weeks ago I decided to ask for your opinion between these three options.

Thanx for your input people .

Evil Revolt seems, and according to the research, a somewhat better bike, with better rear susp. solution and more agressive for gnarly stuff. ( I know I know, I need to ride some of them and then judge). Someone will find this, if not all of you out there, pretty silly if not stupid, but I don't think I will ever get Evil bike just because of its name.
    EVIL??!! I mean WTF?! Who came up with that name in God's name? ...and for what reason? What is the rationale there? I think it sounds wrong and just plain stupid. It's like naming it "Death". All in all I think the name was very poor choice.

Sorry to bore you with this. I think TR450 is the way to go. Cheers guys.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Not a bore at all, its good to weigh options and nice to hear you are considering a proper DH whip. Cheers!

mtbr member
    my friend has a revolt. i love TBC, and love my preston, but that evil is so nice. if i had to choose one without being able to test them id go with the revolt.

Just roll it......
    Regardless of which bike you get, you might want to get your order in asap. Most companies didn't produce a lot of DH bikes this year. I know Transition has one more production run for TR 450's in the hopper, so you better get your name on the list if you want one.

The Glory, Evil and TR450 are all really nice bikes. Not a bad one in the bunch....it's a good time to be in the market.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    all the bike that you mention are all great bike n bla bla bla...
    but for me, i think am gonna pass the revolt n the giant..
    i'd prefer TR450 or makulu norewood (that's just my opinion..)
    its better for you to have a test drive in every bike
    hopefully u found the bike that suits u best..

Seattle drivers suck
    TR, for sure

your done
    Quote Originally Posted by igz

When you think about it, the making of a MTB frame isn't exactly a rocket science....Someone will find this, if not all of you out there, pretty silly if not stupid

Then why don't you just weld up a frame yourself, in your garage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nithius
    What I learned is if you never hit a jump before you shouldnt start off with a crazy one.