Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177

    Tr250 for tall rider

    Is anybody very tall (I am 6'5'' /196cm) riding Tr250? I love long TOP and it has the same reach as large Tr250 - but it's different kind of riding... Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ruppguts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    457
    I'm 6' 3" and I feel very comfortable on the Large TR250. I know that's not quite your height, but...
    Binary Transition Bikes Demon Dirt

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    Thanks! That's what I was looking for... The other thing is that one of Transitions guys is 6'4'' and loves it...

  4. #4
    KoNa KiD
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    325
    probably no help at all but im 6'2 and ride a medium '11 250 with a 50mm stem and i love it.
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

    dont touch the dirt

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    You say medium at 6'2''? Looks like large should be fine for me...

  6. #6
    KoNa KiD
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio8691 View Post
    You say medium at 6'2''? Looks like large should be fine for me...
    id have to agree, im on the 11 which is 1/4 smaller than the 12's. so im sure if you got a 12 large youd be fine.

    I saw your thread about maybe an ss2.....dont do it. my ss2 had a crooked rear triangle from the start, intense sent me a new rear......way too wide, crank arms wouldnt clear the seat stay without hitting. sent me another one....same thing just not as bad. so i sold it and got the TR, couldnt be happier

    I will admit i loved the way the ss2 rode but i couldnt support a company that charges top dollar for sub par construction.

    As for the TR ride....that bike rails. jumps great too pedals decent but nothin to write home about. Its WAYYYYYY stiffer than the ss2 as well
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

    dont touch the dirt

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    Thanks a lot!
    SS2 in my opinion is the coolest looking bike out there, but the horror stories are kind of consistent. Too close to my Enduro in travel also. I am now waiting for guys at the local shop to build medium 250 so that I could extrapolate sizing. How much does your bike weight and how heavy/light does it feel? Does braking feel good (I heard single pivots are supposed to be bad)?

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    395
    Quote Originally Posted by lax30 View Post
    id have to agree, im on the 11 which is 1/4 smaller than the 12's. so im sure if you got a 12 large youd be fine.

    I saw your thread about maybe an ss2.....dont do it. my ss2 had a crooked rear triangle from the start, intense sent me a new rear......way too wide, crank arms wouldnt clear the seat stay without hitting. sent me another one....same thing just not as bad. so i sold it and got the TR, couldnt be happier

    I will admit i loved the way the ss2 rode but i couldnt support a company that charges top dollar for sub par construction.

    As for the TR ride....that bike rails. jumps great too pedals decent but nothin to write home about. Its WAYYYYYY stiffer than the ss2 as well
    I thought only the TR450 changed in reach length.

  9. #9
    KoNa KiD
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio8691 View Post
    Thanks a lot!
    SS2 in my opinion is the coolest looking bike out there, but the horror stories are kind of consistent. Too close to my Enduro in travel also. I am now waiting for guys at the local shop to build medium 250 so that I could extrapolate sizing. How much does your bike weight and how heavy/light does it feel? Does braking feel good (I heard single pivots are supposed to be bad)?
    still waiting on my Rear wheel to be built (king hub, ex823's, tubelesss) but it should be 36lbs.

    heres my build:
    Medium TR250
    Fox talas 180 rc2
    Cane creek 40 headset
    chromag fubars
    twenty6 f1 stem
    thompson post
    TBC jump saddle
    Mavic ex823 hoops, laced to king hubs, tubeless
    Hope tech 4 brakes
    saint cranks
    MRP guide
    xo shifter
    x9 short rear d
    deity decoy pedals
    RC4

    I havent noticed any braking issues, but i havent really ridden it down trails, just jumped it for an hour or so before my cable came loose and i didnt have a tool with me to tighten it back up.

    the weight of the bike seems low and centered. i had no problem fully clickin a whip on it, and it really rails berms. as for the pedal jack on single pivots, its there but not bad if you figure out when its more prone to do it and avoid brakin in situations like that. but it does happen. to me not a make or brake deal, its not a race bike but a fun as hell bike.


    as for the sizing, when i called in to TBC a few weeks ago, i was told it was to the 250 and 450.
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

    dont touch the dirt

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    Sounds good, thanks! Too bad I may not be able to test ride right size - but long Transition TOP happened to be the funnest bike I've ever ridden...

  11. #11
    KoNa KiD
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio8691 View Post
    Sounds good, thanks! Too bad I may not be able to test ride right size - but long Transition TOP happened to be the funnest bike I've ever ridden...
    If your liking the long TOP you will dig the large 250. i had a long TOP a few yers back and got rid of it cuz it felt to big IMO. got an NS suburban...bmx bike on steroids

    I think youll be fine, i just prefer tighter cockpits, i mean i rode a Small Br for almost 6 months, was defintily wayyyyy to big for it but i was able to throw that thing around like a champ.....but i was coming off of a Small double, so it really just felt like that but with a little more squish

    Plus you should get a good idea on fit riding around the medium...is it a 11 or 12?
    Pedalshop
    [SIZE="4"]Transition Bike Co.[/SIZE]

    dont touch the dirt

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    177
    It should be 2012 - I saw the frame, it was green. TOP cockpit is compact comparing to XL Enduro, which is super long - but that's exactly the idea. I'll try and see...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •