Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

So Where's the Trans AM 29er?

165K views 546 replies 135 participants last post by  CannondaleF9 
#1 ·
I miss my Trans AM. How 'bout a 29er version? Eh boys?

#30 ·
Full info with specs, geo and price will be on our website soon. A couple notes...

~44mm headtube allows you to run tapered forks (The 29 is designed around a 120mm fork)
~New custom seatube for 30.9mm seatpost and Reverb compatibility
~New 142mm x 12mm dropouts with optional 135mm x 10mm and horizontal dropouts availabile seperately.

All those changes apply to the TransAM 26 as well. The fork in the pic is a 120mm Fox 32 F29 without Kashima. That is the spec fork for the bike and the bike shown is the stock build.

Cheers!

#40 ·
~44mm headtube allows you to run tapered forks (The 29 is designed around a 120mm fork)
~New custom seatube for 30.9mm seatpost and Reverb compatibility
These changes are really welcome!

~New 142mm x 12mm dropouts with optional 135mm x 10mm and horizontal dropouts availabile seperately.
So the dropout design is different from the TransAM 26?

Another thing: bottle mounts?

Thank you!

#31 ·
Thanks for the info, definitely nice changes all around.

Being designed around 120mm fork, can it also run the new Fox 34 or any 140mm 29er fork that matter or will it be too much for the geo?

And idea on availability?

I'm this close to either selling my 26er TransAM completely or start parting it out and getting a 29er AM hardtail, either this new TransAM or the Canfield Yelli Screamy.

Thanks for any help!

#33 ·
Thanks for the info, definitely nice changes all around.

Being designed around 120mm fork, can it also run the new Fox 34 or any 140mm 29er fork that matter or will it be too much for the geo?

And idea on availability?

I'm this close to either selling my 26er TransAM completely or start parting it out and getting a 29er AM hardtail, either this new TransAM or the Canfield Yelli Screamy.

Thanks for any help!
It definitely could run the 140mm 34 or other similar forks, but in our opinion the travel is excessive for the front end of a 29 HT. In reality, with the big wheels, the 120mm fork feels kind of similar to the 140mm on a TransAM26. To run the 140mm fork it would be similar to a 160mm fork on the TransAM 26... if that makes sense. Kind of a big fork, but if you like the way that feels then go for it! Geo change wouldn't be that drastic and warranty would not be voided.

Available before the end of the calendar year!

#57 ·
Very interested in this one...Good on ya for going 44 HT and 142x12 rear axle in a steel hard tail.

Pictured are 2.25 Ardents. Will a 2.4 Ardent fit on the back? Or better yet, the new Maxxis 29er 2.5 Minion?

Also wondered if the brace between the top tube and seat tube is fully boxed or three sided with the bottom open?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.