Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 545
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: OldHouseMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,565
    That blue TransAm looks great...And the SS option mentioned in the video is awesome.

    Looking forward to hearing the geo numbers on this one.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    That blue TransAm looks great...And the SS option mentioned in the video is awesome.

    Looking forward to hearing the geo numbers on this one.
    The 68.5° head and 73.5° eff. seat angle, the moderately short chain stay at 432 mm (17”), the relatively small bottom bracket drop of 54 mm (2.1”) sound like the folks from TRANSITION have their own ideas on 29″er handling and make me believe there had been some thought gone into the bike.
    Eurobike 2011: “Steel Is Real” | Twenty Nine Inches
    konahonzo

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Thanks guys. We have actually been prototyping this for a LONG time and tried lots of different geo configurations. Definitely confident that you will like the way it rides, and we have gone a long way to get the features you want... tapered fork, dropper post, etc.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    180
    So now the question is, when will it be available?

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by aflax View Post
    So now the question is, when will it be available?
    Before the end of the calendar year. If you are lucky it could even be a Christmas present.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    180
    What about for Halloween? If I go trick-or-treating at your warehouse could I get one?

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post

    Very interested in this one...Good on ya for going 44 HT and 142x12 rear axle in a steel hard tail.

    Pictured are 2.25 Ardents. Will a 2.4 Ardent fit on the back? Or better yet, the new Maxxis 29er 2.5 Minion?

    Also wondered if the brace between the top tube and seat tube is fully boxed or three sided with the bottom open?

    Thanks.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,911
    More pics? Colors? I'm intrigued.

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Very interested in this one...Good on ya for going 44 HT and 142x12 rear axle in a steel hard tail.

    Pictured are 2.25 Ardents. Will a 2.4 Ardent fit on the back? Or better yet, the new Maxxis 29er 2.5 Minion?

    Also wondered if the brace between the top tube and seat tube is fully boxed or three sided with the bottom open?

    Thanks.
    Probably this, same on the 26er.
    konahonzo

  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Very interested in this one...Good on ya for going 44 HT and 142x12 rear axle in a steel hard tail.

    Pictured are 2.25 Ardents. Will a 2.4 Ardent fit on the back? Or better yet, the new Maxxis 29er 2.5 Minion?

    Also wondered if the brace between the top tube and seat tube is fully boxed or three sided with the bottom open?

    Thanks.
    Can't speak tot he 2.5 x 29 Minion since they aren't actually available yet, but the Ardent 2.4 fits but only without a front derailleur (single speed or 1x9 / 1x10 setups). The Minion will likely be the same since there is plenty of room in the stays. The brace you mention is 3 sided.

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Can't speak tot he 2.5 x 29 Minion since they aren't actually available yet, but the Ardent 2.4 fits but only without a front derailleur (single speed or 1x9 / 1x10 setups). The Minion will likely be the same since there is plenty of room in the stays. The brace you mention is 3 sided.

    Thanks for the reply. This bike would work great as a 1x set up.

    It sounds like the new Minion 2.5 will be the same casing size as the 2.4 Ardent with minor variations.
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dustyrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Before the end of the calendar year. If you are lucky it could even be a Christmas present.
    Would this be the dates for all the new bikes?

    The 142x12 pictures from Eurobike has me holding my Transition $$.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyrider View Post
    Would this be the dates for all the new bikes?

    The 142x12 pictures from Eurobike has me holding my Transition $$.
    That was specific to this bike... everything 2012 will be rolling in from December through about February. Not everything will be in stock before the end of the calendar year. Soon!

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    ^ Any plans on offering the Revolution32 wheelsets in a 29er format? I know 28s will be available as they are on the TransAM in this thread.

    Would 28s be enough for someone who's hard on his stuff and is coming from Hope Pro II on Mavic EX721 on his 26er TransAM?
    konahonzo

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    ^ Any plans on offering the Revolution32 wheelsets in a 29er format? I know 28s will be available as they are on the TransAM in this thread.

    Would 28s be enough for someone who's hard on his stuff and is coming from Hope Pro II on Mavic EX721 on his 26er TransAM?
    No plan for now... the larger diameter rims are already heavier anyway. I can't say we won't have a Rev 32 in 29" format... but it wouldn't be this year.

    The 721 is a pretty stout rim for a trail bike! If you were having much issue with wheel damage on lighter duty rims a 29" in general might not be the best choice...? Just speaking honestly... since the larger diameter wheels are inherintly weaker than a 26 for the same weight.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    No plan for now... the larger diameter rims are already heavier anyway. I can't say we won't have a Rev 32 in 29" format... but it wouldn't be this year.

    The 721 is a pretty stout rim for a trail bike! If you were having much issue with wheel damage on lighter duty rims a 29" in general might not be the best choice...? Just speaking honestly... since the larger diameter wheels are inherintly weaker than a 26 for the same weight.
    Can't say I have any issue with the 721 rim, it's bombproof, and yes, it may seem too much for an AM hardtail, but at 6'4", 230 lbs, I'll take some extra weight/strength in the wheels vs. replacing spokes and straightening rims every other ride.
    konahonzo

  17. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    940
    Would it be possible to get a BB height measurement (floor to center of BB) with the 120 fork and 2.25 Ardents on the Trans AM 29?

    Thanks,
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    Would it be possible to get a BB height measurement (floor to center of BB) with the 120 fork and 2.25 Ardents on the Trans AM 29?

    Thanks,
    Sure!

    It is 313mm +/- about 2mm of measuring error...

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bubba13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Sure!

    It is 313mm +/- about 2mm of measuring error...
    12.3" BB height. That is pretty low for a trail bike. I used to ride an Evil Sovereign and I had plenty of clearance at 13 inches with a 150mm fork.

    Looks like a test ride is in order

    Thanks!
    Portland Off Road Navagators

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba13 View Post
    12.3" BB height. That is pretty low for a trail bike. I used to ride an Evil Sovereign and I had plenty of clearance at 13 inches with a 150mm fork.

    Looks like a test ride is in order

    Thanks!
    It is definitely pretty low, but remember that with a hardtail and only 120mm of front travel your sagged BB height doesn't change as much as it does with a FS bike or HT with more front travel.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Any hints on what size frames will be available? ST, ETT, and reach would be nice preview numbers. Idk if I should wait for the TransAM 29er or go with a Canfield Yelli Screamy now versus finishing the year off on my 26er TransAM. Thanks if you can provide any info at this time.

    PS.

    As an extra bonus, frame price would be great too, lol. I'm picking between the TransAM 29er, Canfield Yelli Screamy and '12 Banshee Paradox (which is now out of the running as Jenson has '12 frames and price increased almost 30% from this year's frame, $600 to $775.
    konahonzo

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Any hints on what size frames will be available? ST, ETT, and reach would be nice preview numbers. Idk if I should wait for the TransAM 29er or go with a Canfield Yelli Screamy now versus finishing the year off on my 26er TransAM. Thanks if you can provide any info at this time.

    PS.

    As an extra bonus, frame price would be great too, lol. I'm picking between the TransAM 29er, Canfield Yelli Screamy and '12 Banshee Paradox (which is now out of the running as Jenson has '12 frames and price increased almost 30% from this year's frame, $600 to $775.
    Jeez! You guys are prying this stuff out of us. Here are the numbers in inches. I will try to get the official website up soon with our studio photos, etc.

    Size S M L XL
    ST 16.5 18 19.5 21
    TT 22 23 24 25
    Reach 14.6 15.6 16.5 17.3

    MSRP in the USA is $699 with the 12x142 dropouts and bolt on axle included. Extra charge for SS dropouts or the 10x135 vertical dropouts.

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Thanks guys!! Definitely appreciated, makes a decision that much harder.

    And we can assume frame weight about the same as 26er TransAM?
    konahonzo

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Thanks guys!! Definitely appreciated, makes a decision that much harder.
    Be patient, eurospek. Don't jump the TR ship !

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: strikerkidNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Soooooo... How much is the complete?

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: in the trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,911

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerkidNY View Post
    Soooooo... How much is the complete?
    As shown at Eurobike... (I am sure you can find images online it is $2399 USD.

  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: strikerkidNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    As shown at Eurobike... (I am sure you can find images online it is $2399 USD.
    Oh good. I read on twentynineinches that the complete would be 2399 Euros

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    44

  30. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerkidNY View Post
    Oh good. I read on twentynineinches that the complete would be 2399 Euros
    Sorry to bum you out, but after import costs + VAT that is usually about where the MSRP ends up in Euros.

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: el_chupo_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,218
    Any word on frame/complete weight?

    Or did I miss it?

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: strikerkidNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Sorry to bum you out, but after import costs + VAT that is usually about where the MSRP ends up in Euros.
    Well, I live in New York (near Peak Mountain & Road Bike) and I thought that the TA29 would cost around 3500 USD. If that were true I certainly would not be thinking about getting a TransAm 29.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerkidNY View Post
    Well, I live in New York (near Peak Mountain & Road Bike) and I thought that the TA29 would cost around 3500 USD. If that were true I certainly would not be thinking about getting a TransAm 29.
    AMERICA!

    Well in that case, I guess you are stoked about the price and I could see how that would be confusing.

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_ View Post
    Any word on frame/complete weight?

    Or did I miss it?
    Frame is 6.4 lbs with the 12mm axle included.
    Complete with the pictured stock build is 29.6 lbs

    Both size large.

  35. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    17

    Trans AM Colors

    Can you tell me anything about the available colors? Only blue or also other colors? When will it be available in The Netherlands (Europe)?

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by heumena View Post
    Can you tell me what anything about the available colors? Only blue or also other colors? When will it be available in The Netherlands (Europe)?
    XCYTT bikes
    konahonzo

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTscoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Jeez! You guys are prying this stuff out of us. Here are the numbers in inches. I will try to get the official website up soon with our studio photos, etc.

    Size S M L XL
    ST 16.5 18 19.5 21
    TT 22 23 24 25
    Reach 14.6 15.6 16.5 17.3

    MSRP in the USA is $699 with the 12x142 dropouts and bolt on axle included. Extra charge for SS dropouts or the 10x135 vertical dropouts.
    Any chance that there will be an XXL? 23" ST and 26" TT? Come on, every other manufacturer is offering plus sizes on 29ers now.

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    237
    oops

  39. #89
    The Tyranical Teabagger
    Reputation: cyrjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    407
    Sh*t. My TA has less than 100 miles on it and will be up for sale by next week to make room for this guy. Thinking about selling my Salsa SS too so I can pay for a Bandit 29. Ultimate 2 bike quiver? PLUS I can go SS on the 29 TA. Stoked!
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: noosa2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Transition Bikes View Post
    Jeez! You guys are prying this stuff out of us. Here are the numbers in inches. I will try to get the official website up soon with our studio photos, etc.

    Size S M L XL
    ST 16.5 18 19.5 21
    TT 22 23 24 25
    Reach 14.6 15.6 16.5 17.3

    MSRP in the USA is $699 with the 12x142 dropouts and bolt on axle included. Extra charge for SS dropouts or the 10x135 vertical dropouts.
    The Large size looks perfect on paper. I'm also very interested in the 12X142 drop outs. I have a Hadley 135mm x 10 that can be converted to the 12X142 but that hub is currently built into a 26" wheel. Anyone know if you can convert a CK 135mm QR hub to 12X142?

  41. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    The Large size looks perfect on paper. I'm also very interested in the 12X142 drop outs. I have a Hadley 135mm x 10 that can be converted to the 12X142 but that hub is currently built into a 26" wheel. Anyone know if you can convert a CK 135mm QR hub to 12X142?
    decent sizing. i like it

  42. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: qbert2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    The Large size looks perfect on paper. I'm also very interested in the 12X142 drop outs. I have a Hadley 135mm x 10 that can be converted to the 12X142 but that hub is currently built into a 26" wheel. Anyone know if you can convert a CK 135mm QR hub to 12X142?
    yes you can. you need the king axle

    Chris King Axle, Rear, 142 x 12mm Thru: Chris King Rear Axles • Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer


    and this if you don't currently run a king hd axle

    Chris King® Adjusting Clamp for Rear ISO Disc<br> or Rear Single Speed Disc Hubs (PHB708): Chris King Axle Parts • Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer

  43. #93

  44. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: meatpants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrjm View Post
    Sh*t. My TA has less than 100 miles on it and will be up for sale by next week to make room for this guy. Thinking about selling my Salsa SS too so I can pay for a Bandit 29. Ultimate 2 bike quiver? PLUS I can go SS on the 29 TA. Stoked!
    yeah, I'm with you on this one... I'm getting rid of a Turner Flux, Spot Longboard, and Bianchi road bike to make room for this... one bike to rule them all- FTW (OK, i might keep the Spot because belt drive SS is so much freakin' fun...)

  45. #95
    The Tyranical Teabagger
    Reputation: cyrjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    407
    If anyone is interested in a very lightly used ( less than 10 rides on her ) 26" Bandit or has a friend that may be please message me. I need the cashola to pay for this thing in a few weeks! Medium, red with 20mm RockShox Sektor RL, Flow wheelset, headset and DT Swiss thrubolt. I'll be posting in Classifieds tonight....
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

  46. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    ^ Ummm, don't you mean TransAM 26er?
    konahonzo

  47. #97
    The Tyranical Teabagger
    Reputation: cyrjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    407
    Yes. Damn it. 26 TransAm....too early in the am.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

  48. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrjm View Post
    Yes. Damn it. 26 TransAm....too early in the am.
    No worries, I'm posting my large Pewter frame and wheelset real soon for sale. The Fox 36 Float will be installed on the Stinky, and I'm reusing my drivetrain and brakes.
    konahonzo

  49. #99
    The Tyranical Teabagger
    Reputation: cyrjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    407
    Yeah, all my parts are going on the 29er as well. Just selling what I can't use...I don't know what to ask for it since I literally did a few rides here in the ATL and just the other week when I was out in Utah. The bike is cherry...trying to sell it locally but no bites on it yet. Sick bike, I just said when I got it that I'd want it in a 29er. Some dude on this Transition forum equated it to me riding RollerBlades. Which I don't. 29ers are cool, the freeride crowd needs to get it. It's not just for spandex wearing *****es. I've got a Salsa SS 29er, will hopefully get this soon and then a Bandit should complet my quiver quite nicely.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

  50. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,460
    ^ Totally understand. I'm 6'4" and a 29er is the next logical step for me, especially for the trails I ride here around Chicago. My 26er TransAM has been way overbuilt honestly, with the Float 36 and Mavic EX721/Hope wheelset, just makes no sense in carrying all that weight for the singletrack duties here, where I maybe see one or two 1-foot drops at the most. It is a fun bike, but the 26er wheels get caught over roots quite a lot. And the sizing of the TransAM is also a bit on the small side.
    konahonzo

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trans-WI race VS Trans-WI Adventure Trail
    By FishMan473 in forum Minnesota, Wisconsin
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 07:03 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
  3. TRANS-IOWA V.2 is 29er Friendly
    By KERKOVEJ in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
  4. colour for 05 v10 trans blue or trans red
    By Yoshimura in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 04:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •