Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    TM in Israel, Eilat mountains.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-img_5360_web.jpg  

So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-img_5363_web.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^ Awesome scenery.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Mine has arrived

My Trans AM 29 has arrived, but so has the rain. I will have to wait two weeks until I hit the trail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    @esku: Those Eilat mountains in Isreal look exactly like the terain around Las Vegas. In side-by-side pictures, I doubt many could tell the difference. Nice bike BTW (and you too williama.bowers although a non-blurry photo would be nice)

mtbr member

My large TM

sneak peek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-20120214_070408.jpg  

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any more pics or ride reports?
    I've been madly in love with the TransAm for a while and have been saving up for one to get this summer for over a year now
    I've never ridden an all mountain big wheeler, but I'm thinking might appreciate it's smoother ride more than the 26 TransAm.

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
    Any more pics or ride reports?
    I've been madly in love with the TransAm for a while and have been saving up for one to get this summer for over a year now
    I've never ridden an all mountain big wheeler, but I'm thinking might appreciate it's smoother ride more than the 26 TransAm.
    I bought the 26" last year, rode it 5 times and as soon as I saw they were coming out with the TA 29" I sold my 26" right away. 29er is legit, don't let anyone tell you any different. If they can't ride a 29er than they most likely can't ride a 26" either. You definitely see more 29ers in different parts of the country than others. When I moved to the South East they were everywhere and in the Intermountain West where I was coming from they hadn't quite made it on every floor of your LBS. I'd say that's changed dramatically over the last 2 years, or at least when I go back to visit my old shop. More 29ers on the floor every season.

With that being said, obviously not every 29er is the same. Some just plain suck and I can see how people who have ridden certain brands would say stay away from a 29er. It's also hard to find 29ers for those of us who ride "aggressive xc" or all mountain and don't wear spandex. Transition nailed it with the TA 29. I mean, seriously...the bike is perfect.

I ride tight, technical trails here in Georgia and it is soo fun to ride. But when I ride fast, flowy trails it gets even better. I also ride a single speed, race ready 29er. I like the way this handles better. It doesn't weigh 22lbs like my SS, but whatever

Honestly man, you can't go wrong with this bike.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    Salsa Selma with 80m Lefty

gringo-fied facsimiles

12 days of riding

Mother nature has been very nice to us this winter. I have been able to ride everyday for the last 12 days since the build of the TransAM on the 29th of feb. I have to say, I have tried several frames in the last year, trying to get a proper fit, being 5'3" its not easy. I think I have finaly found it. It took some dialing in, parts swapping off other bikes in the quiver. Came to a respectable 28lbs on the nose. Only one more part to be added, a 6" dropper post vs the 5" thats on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-trans29-n-nigel.jpg  

http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm sold
    I did a little more research and it's sounding PERFECT.
    My biggest problem now is deciding what colour (yes colour, I'm Canadian haha) to get it in!
    By the way, the frame is internally coated right?

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just finished building her up today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So Where's the Trans AM 29er?-imag0205.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hi,
    have anyone setup the TM 29 as SS? is it possible to use a normal 9 speed XT hub with QR in the sliding dropouts?

mtbr member
    is that a medium or a small????
    Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Medium, fits great im 5'9

mtbr member

No good

Thanks. I am 5'11"-ish and I like how the medium looks compared to the large. Where is that particular bike shop? The closest Transition retailer is near Pisgah Natn'l forest in N.C. I guess I'll have to buy one from dropnzone or make the trek to NC.
    Rub some dirt on it and walk it off!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by djm271@bellsouth.net View Post
    Thanks. I am 5'11"-ish and I like how the medium looks compared to the large. Where is that particular bike shop? The closest Transition retailer is near Pisgah Natn'l forest in N.C. I guess I'll have to buy one from dropnzone or make the trek to NC.
    I'm also 5'11"-ish (somewhere between that and 6'), and I think I'm going with the medium. In my opinion, I feel worse being stretched out than cramped. Plus theres nothing a clever seat position & longer stem can't fix

On a side note, does anybody know if and FSA Orbit MX headset will fit with the transAM?
    I know the website says and FSA Orbit ITA, but is there that much of a difference?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
    I'm also 5'11"-ish (somewhere between that and 6'), and I think I'm going with the medium. In my opinion, I feel worse being stretched out than cramped. Plus theres nothing a clever seat position & longer stem can't fix

On a side note, does anybody know if and FSA Orbit MX headset will fit with the transAM?
    I know the website says and FSA Orbit ITA, but is there that much of a difference?
    Idk, I was on a too small of a frame last season, the TransAM felt great with a 50mm or 70mm stem (especially on short rides), but anything longer stem wise and it lost it's fun characteristics, and started feeling cramped as well on longer rides.

For a bike of this style, I wouldn't want anything bigger than a 70mm stem.

As for the headsets, just get the Cane Creek 40 series for a 44mm headtube. Best value around.

mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well Regrettable SPAM: XL TransAM 29er frame

I received my blue XL frame a couple weeks ago and it looks awesome; however, the IRS and state of California decided that it's going to be in the classifieds tomorrow... I was really excited to build this up.

2012 Transition TransAM 29er frame - NEW - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    Last edited by c-wal; 05-10-2012 at 02:22 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm really enjoying the TramsAM 29er but my old knees are looking for a granny ring upfront. Is this the correct front derailleur for the TransAM? eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Does the frame come with a 12x142 rear axle?

I just ordered mine through my local shop (Tenafly Bicycle Workshop). Great shop but this will be a first TransAm for them. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before the frame arrives. Its unclear to me if the frame comes with an axle, the way a 15mm fork comes with the axle. Also will my CK hubs work when converted to 142 x 12mm? Your help is appreciated....

mtbr member
    Your frame will come with the rear axle and 142x12 dropouts. I had to fork out extra to get the SS dropouts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by freaky-styley View Post
    I just ordered mine through my local shop (Tenafly Bicycle Workshop). Great shop but this will be a first TransAm for them. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before the frame arrives. Its unclear to me if the frame comes with an axle, the way a 15mm fork comes with the axle. Also will my CK hubs work when converted to 142 x 12mm? Your help is appreciated....
    The frame comes with the 142 X 12 mm axle. A standard 135mm CK hub will work once you install a 142 conversion kit. Here is a pic of the piece you need Chris King® Rear 142 x 12mm Thru-Axle: Chris King Rear Axles • Aspire VeloTech - Chris King World's Largest Dealer

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Check inbox plz!
    Banshee Paradox V2
    Focus Thunder 650b tuned

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast