mtbr member
    Sep 2004

So Coil shock on a scout?

Hi to all

so I know this can be done (see link) but can anyone give any feedback as to what they are running & ride impressions maybe?

My RT3 shock on the scout currently feels a bit dead, may need a service but I am thinking of changing to a monarch plus rc3 also.

Chaz Bromont's Carbon Scout - Transition Bikes's Bike Check - Vital MTB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrback View Post
    Hi to all

so I know this can be done (see link) but can anyone give any feedback as to what they are running & ride impressions maybe?

My RT3 shock on the scout currently feels a bit dead, may need a service but I am thinking of changing to a monarch plus rc3 also.

Chaz Bromont's Carbon Scout - Transition Bikes's Bike Check - Vital MTB
    I found a VanRC and sent it to PUSH for their MX Tune. The coil shock really transformed the bike. The stability at speed and the ability the motor through rocks were the big advantages. But the coil did kinda kill the poppy, playful nature of the Scout. Not that the bike couldn't jump anymore but it wasn't quite as easy.

The thing to consider is what is it you want the Scout to do for you? I also have a Float X that fits the Scout and that really changed the bike for me. It kept the bike playful but also made it a lot easier to manage in the chunk.
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I also have a Float X that fits the Scout and that really changed the bike for me. It kept the bike playful but also made it a lot easier to manage in the chunk.
    You guys are not helping my upgradeitis.

I recently got a Float X but I haven't ridden it yet, so I'm very interested on hearing your comments on that one.

I have run coil shocks on trail bikes in the past and decidedly, they are better. Yeah, it may not pop the same but you can go faster. You just got me thinking on a coil shock.
    Check my Site