Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Smuggler

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ansman View Post
    Here is mine. A lot of Hope parts and a Bikeyoke dropper post.
    I'm pretty sure I've ridden this bike! Neil from velotek.se arranged me a demo in February. Thank you very much for helping me to make a right decision and get a Smuggler. If you ever come to Estonia with bike I can show you some nice trails around here.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    any other XL (or L) riders have advice? About to buy pick up a Smuggler after coveting one for the past year.
    I'm 6'2", long legs and arms, and a bit torn between L and XL. I did get to pedal around on a L, my main concern there was that it required a lot of seat post.
    thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'm 6'3", also long legs and arms. XL is good for me with 70mm stem and 30mm of spacers. I have not tried L, but I think it is too small for our size.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    6'2 here long torso and arms. I ride a large Smuggler with 40mm stem and 780mm bars, 140mm fork and 1 degree angle set all which change the geometry slightly. I have a 125mm dropper reverb and about 70mm of the post 'base' showing above the seat clamp.

Comparing to most other bikes it's a fairly big large IMO, TT and reach are decent and I find it comfy.

However, I am pretty sure I could also ride the XL no problem at all and actually I don't think there's much difference in standover height or seat post mast height on them is there - maybe 20mm or so?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    XL has 38mm longer seattube and 26 longer reach

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Every time this thread gets bumped, I click on it knowing I'll see: Transition introduces the carbon Smuggler. <sigh>

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Every time this thread gets bumped, I click on it knowing I'll see: Transition introduces the carbon Smuggler. <sigh>
    Seems like there's a new Transition 29er in the works called the Sentinel. Looks like a lot more travel and so far just spotted in AL, likely a prototype. Singletrackworld.com has a write-up on what's been spotted.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatNateDude View Post
    Seems like there's a new Transition 29er in the works called the Sentinel. Looks like a lot more travel and so far just spotted in AL, likely a prototype. Singletrackworld.com has a write-up on what's been spotted.
    My hope is that they introduce a Carbon Smuggler, and an aluminum Sentinal at the same time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Members who have read this thread: 349