mtbr member

Small Scout Owners sizing question

Who owns a small scout, and how tall are you ? at 5'5" I tried both the small and medium and am right between. small felt a little more fun, I think the bike is built to be a fun bike which is why transition recommends small for me, but wondering if it will feel cramped on longer rides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Depends on your style of riding and what you ride. Tight twisty terrain will suit a smaller bike,long flat out and you'll be better on the larger size with a smaller stem. I was in between large and x large and went smaller with a 50mm stem (rather than the 40) and don't feel like its too small. Also came from a bmx background so that may of swayed my judgement.
    Put your phone down and get riding.

mtbr member
    Is anyone riding a small sized scout ? I would love to hear from you !! thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Im something like 5'6''-5'7'' and rode a S Banshee Spitfire that is very similar in size to the S Scout. My next bike will be longer, but the Spitfire was still ok with a 60 mm stem. If you want to go M, make sure the seat tube is not to tall. I got a 30'' inseam and 418 mm seat tube with a 125 mm reverb dropper post is just about slammed. Considering that you are shorter than me, the size S frame is probably not horribly wrong.

mtbr member
    thanks. I've sent 2 emails to transition now, neither has been returned. I think I will look into another bike company. annoyed

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hi, i'm 1 meters and 69 centimeters (5ft 6.6in) and pedal at 71 (2ft 4.0in) centimeters high saddle.
    What's the best size for me to Scout , S or M ?
    Thanks guys

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I would pick the size M unless the seat tube will be to long. I dont know my saddle hight in your measurment, but my inseam is 76 cm. Since we are the same hight, I would guess it would work.

mtbr member
    Fishercat,

I sent them a email Fri. afternoon about sizing and they responded Tue. afternoon.
    Be patient, or not.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicane32 View Post
    Fishercat,

I sent them a email Fri. afternoon about sizing and they responded Tue. afternoon.
    Be patient, or not.

sent and email to them last monday and one this monday. hopefully i will hear back from them. The biggest issue I am having is that while seated I feel pretty cramped on the small scout. I would have to run a setback post to get a good pedaling position. However the small felt a lot more playful than the medium to me, the reach on the medium is a bit long, it felt like a much bigger bike. I'm thinking maybe transitions geometry is not right for me. I just fell in love with this small scout at my LBS tho, and its on sale ! Not sure it will be right for me on longer rides tho. top tube is real short and seat tube is real steep (i know they are related).

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Hi. How did you get on in the end on this? I'm in the market for a Scout and I'm not sure whether to go small or Medium either. I'm 5'6" and currently ride an XS Cotic BFe which I love but is a little loose / on fast bumpy runs. I'm sorting a test out but wondered in the meantime. Cheers