Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 1,101 to 1,190 of 1190
    mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Ill have mine in the next two weeks, GX Med frame, ill weigh it on a proper scale once I have it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Hopefully this doesn't break any rules but for anyone looking to "build" up a bike, my used carbon scout is for sale, just needs a few small parts to complete it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2289124/

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Does anyone know what the suggested or OE fork offset is on 2017 Scouts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    just whatever the standard 27.5Ē offset is. Any normal fork will do.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Anyone here with a medium or large Scout Carbon and a 125mm Reverb Stealth with the Connectamajig hose connector? Is there enough space to push the post all the way in to the frame or does the Connectamajig hit the rocker pivot axle?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone know what glue they use to attach the rubber pads on 2018s? Mine lifted a little on the rear chain stay where the derailleur hose comes through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rad3144 View Post
    Anyone know what glue they use to attach the rubber pads on 2018s? Mine lifted a little on the rear chain stay where the derailleur hose comes through

Pics and how do you like I‎t?????? Oh, and how much does I‎t weigh?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Iíll get some pics in a bit, headed to a friends house in a bit to finish it up, heís got a scale so Iíll let you know

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Sheís a porker, as luck would have it itís pouring rain here so no rides yet

Med Gx Build
    Diety bladerunners, diety knuckledusters, dhf 2.6 3c up front and 2.6 Rekon 3c rear
    3-4 oz in each tire of sealant. Also switched out the dumb plunger to a reverb paddle 1x

Pretty happy with it. I came from a heavy plus hardtail with 3 inch tires so I doubt Iíll notice the weight. First impressions are the front wheel is way out there! In a good way.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016

Scout Build Thread

Letís not forget about this lil guy right here

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    May as well just scrap it at this point.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Sheís a porker, as luck would have it itís pouring rain here so no rides yet

Med Gx Build
    Diety bladerunners, diety knuckledusters, dhf 2.6 3c up front and 2.6 Rekon 3c rear
    3-4 oz in each tire of sealant. Also switched out the dumb plunger to a reverb paddle 1x

Pretty happy with it. I came from a heavy plus hardtail with 3 inch tires so I doubt Iíll notice the weight. First impressions are the front wheel is way out there! In a good way.

She is a beauty!!!!! Iím waiting to ride one in Feb when my lbs gets I‎t in, but I‎t is hard not to order I‎t up. Looking forward to a ride report.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by max_lombardy View Post
    May as well just scrap it at this point.
    Yep itís trashed

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    1st ride was in the wet, suspension wasnít set up right so I fought it a lot, so Iíll do a proper ride report in the dry or at least drier I can say that sbg is legit, going at speed itís like all the sudden ďoh this feels good and solid and tracks wellĒ hard to describe. Iíve got some tinkering on suspension to work on to make it pedal a little better, I set sag in the rear at the top of tr recommended 17-19 mm, going to set it at 17 and bring up lsc I had it open. This was more of a shakedown ride for me, I will update with a proper report later

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    And sheís dirty

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Also check your hangers on new builds, mine was significantly out of whack

rad to the power of sick
    Weights have been published on the specs.
    Scout Build Thread-screen-shot-2017-12-19-11.02.55-am.jpg
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone know the largest oval it can run 2018? They say 34 but Iím assuming a 34 oval might rub

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Proper ride report: 2018 gx scout, I finally got a good ride in tonight, this bike is rowdy as hell. Once I stop paying attention to the front wheel thatís way out there and just riding it clicked for me. It just wants to go fast, had a couple of steep punchy climbs that sucked but as long as you keep momentum this thing just wants to move. Iíve still got some suspension tuning to do itís still a little harsher than I think it can be, Iíll borrow a shockwiz soon and see what data it kicks out. Overall Iím very pleased with this bike, excited to get it on some more challenging trails. Iím in ne texas so we actually have to earn the downs so I do a decent amount of climbing and itís not bad at all. Letís get to some complaints. The RockShox Reverb is a turd, I came from a transfer and the RS is a piece of shit, cold weather it doesnít like to work. I canít even believe that Sram things anyone wants the dumbass plunger, gtfo with that garbage, swapped-to the reverb 1x (if I had it to do again I would do a cable replacement, Wolf tooth etc. almost same price) Probably swap it for a BikeYoke revive eventually. Gx Eagle: mostly happy with it, getting a weird pop sound (sounds like a spoke moving) in the drive train when putting down power, seems to be after Iíve gone airborne or worked the rear shock a lot, and doesnít do it all the time. aside from that it shifts great and reliably. Brakes are noisy, may be my half assed bedding in, rear brake does the tink tink thing, Iím going to replace stock pads with semi organic and see if that does it. Otherwise they work fine. If I were being picky I would say the paint is VERY easy to scratch. I scratched mine with an Allen key when I was building it so Iím not that worried about it after I broke the seal. Still working through some fit stuff as well.
    Overall I feel like I get it now, the giddy up, SBG etc. it likes to go fast, rail turns, it just feels fun. Not sure how else to describe it. Thanks for reading my diatribe, I just felt like I should tell someone

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Just got my SBG Scout last friday, rad3144, what's your weight and pressure in the rear shock you are running? Trying to set up mine and for now it's 112Psi, my weight with gear is 138lbs.(63Kg).Scout Build Thread-dsc_0205.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Iím running 245ish rear weigh 225 ish with gear, body weight plus 20# seems to get it relatively close

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Thatís also very much by feel it may feel even better with less air but to get the sag on the low end of the recommended 17-19 mm, (im right around 17.5mm sag) for you being lighter, may ride better at 19mm, mine felt mushy at 19mm sag

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks for the info. Tr guys suggested a good starting point should be body weight -15PSI when I asked them by mail, but even so I could'nt get to the recommended sag (15mm).
    any way, It ride awesome! Switching from 2013 Covert this bike feels better in any aspect, climb great, very nimble into corners, and love to jump anything.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hello, does anyone own a Scout 2018 SBG in size S?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Yes, I am.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_orlick View Post
    Thanks for the info. Tr guys suggested a good starting point should be body weight -15PSI when I asked them by mail, but even so I could'nt get to the recommended sag (15mm).
    any way, It ride awesome! Switching from 2013 Covert this bike feels better in any aspect, climb great, very nimble into corners, and love to jump anything.
    I thought 18 scouts itís 17-19mm? May be different for different sizes I guess

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I thought 18 scouts itís 17-19mm? May be different for different sizes I guess

It is 17-19mm just said that needed to air down alot to get there(minus 20-25psi) and when trying what Transition suggested( minus15psi) was getting only 15mm of sag, hope I was more clear about that now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Has anyone gone from the alu scout to the carbon? what were the major differences? worth the change? close out deals on the carbon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_orlick View Post
    It is 17-19mm just said that needed to air down alot to get there(minus 20-25psi) and when trying what Transition suggested( minus15psi) was getting only 15mm of sag, hope I was more clear about that now.
    That makes sense now

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    @dr_orlick

I'm interested in Scout 2018.Can you describe me as you are with this bike? I am 5.6 tall and not so take the S or M.How tall are you?Thank you
    Last edited by gippi1984; 01-07-2018 at 04:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Iím on a medium at 5í9

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gippi1984 View Post
    @dr_orlick

I'm interested in Scout 2018.Can you describe me as you are with this bike? I am 5.6 tall and not so take the S or M.How tall are you?Thank you
    I'm 5"5 and with 40mm stem it feels spot on for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    [QUOTE = dr_orlick; 13488486] I'm 5"5 and with 40mm stem it feels spot on for me.[/ QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    [QUOTE = dr_orlick; 13488486] I'm 5"5 and with 40mm stem it feels spot on for me. [/ QUOTE]

Hello, what is your inseam? What saddle height do you pedal?
    I'm trying to understand if Scout 2018 S or M is better for me.
    Thank you so much

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I am 5'8", and I demo'ed the M X01 last month and it fit perfectly. I decided within two trails that the Scout the bike that I need to have but I have somehow since slipped into analysis-paralysis and cannot stop agonizing over whether there is something similar that I would like even more.

I am upgrading from a 2013 Pivot Mach 5.7 AL which I still have a ton of fun on, so anything new is going to be an upgrade in terms of what has come out in the last 5 years so I should just do it I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Anyone have any opinions on building up a 2018 SBG Scout frame with a standard offset fork?

My fork has 44mm offset. I figure that will slightly increase the wheelbase and the reduced trail compared to the stock 38mm offset will make it slightly less stable at speed, but I'm wondering *how* much real world difference there would be compared to the engineers' intent?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Just built this up for my son who has out grown his ripcord

Found a scout frame at a seriously good price so snapped it up. Mixture of parts from his old bike, the parts bin, new parts.

26 inch wheels (mavic crosstrail)
    160mm pike (26 A2C = 150 650b) with luftkappe
    -1.5 works components headset (65 head angle)
    Zee brakes
    Maxxis HR2
    XT crank the now 155mm NX crank (to be fitted)
    11sp XT

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    So I just got back from my first ride on my new (to me) 2015 limeade scout. Really impressed with it initially, for the weight it climbed great need to set it up for me, and i think the wheels are not too great etc. Here is a pic when i took a corner too fast and ended up underneath the bike, hanging over a steep drop with the bike just hanging by some bush, took me 5 minutes to work out how to extricate myself without slipping (steep than the photo shows) My lovely dog just sniffed around, nonplussed. Didn't do a lassie and run for help...if anyone has a long haired collie for sale ...

To the point---- Wheel upgrade, lighter wheels spin better, stiffer wheels spin better, better wheels cost money.. The wheels on this bike are original ztr flow on 3.30 hd hubs. They are fine, but is it worth upgrading to something else? I was thinking mavic crossmax xl, or stans flow mk3, or build my own with hope hubs and rims???

Or just get a lighter bike??
    Or just man up and ride it???
    Advice opinion and insults please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scout Build Thread-image1-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Scout Build Thread-image1-2.jpg

So I just got back from my first ride on my new (to me) 2015 limeade scout. Really impressed with it initially, for the weight it climbed great need to set it up for me, and i think the wheels are not too great etc. Here is a pic when i took a corner too fast and ended up underneath the bike, hanging over a steep drop with the bike just hanging by some bush, took me 5 minutes to work out how to extricate myself without slipping (steep than the photo shows) My lovely dog just sniffed around, nonplussed. Didn't do a lassie and run for help...if anyone has a long haired collie for sale ...

To the point---- Wheel upgrade, lighter wheels spin better, stiffer wheels spin better, better wheels cost money.. The wheels on this bike are original ztr flow on 3.30 hd hubs. They are fine, but is it worth upgrading to something else? I was thinking mavic crossmax xl, or stans flow mk3, or build my own with hope hubs and rims???

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I would give it some time, get some miles on it. Itís taken me far longer to get used to a new bike than I thought it would

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by froutts View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1 2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	1182295

Hey, I've got a set of Chris King hubs laced to DT 481 rims I would sell you. I built them for my limeade Scout. They kick ass but they are not boost and I have to sell them to get boost wheels for my new bike which takes boost.

But honestly, one ride... you need to ride it alot to get a better idea of what is going on. My Scout has been the funnest trail bike I have ever owned, hands down. I put a coil shock on it also and have never looked back. Biggest improvement came with the coil shock.
    Last edited by boostin; 02-11-2018 at 05:56 PM.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by xeren View Post
    Anyone have any opinions on building up a 2018 SBG Scout frame with a standard offset fork?

My fork has 44mm offset. I figure that will slightly increase the wheelbase and the reduced trail compared to the stock 38mm offset will make it slightly less stable at speed, but I'm wondering *how* much real world difference there would be compared to the engineers' intent?
    I have a 44mm offset fork on my 2015 Scout (Manitou Mattoc) The steering is a little floppy a low speed but I don't notice it at high speed. Downhill it's a rocket.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    [QUOTE=rad3144;13536802]I would give it some time, get some miles on it. Itís taken me far longer to get used to a new bike than I thought it would

Yep. I was just thinking about a few things... anyhow i have topped up the air pressure in both fork and shock, increased rebound a fair bit and it now rides with much more pop, and climbs a lot better. I am probably about 30% in the rear sag, and it it now feels great. It climbs great, you can feel the weight but it kind of helps the bikes feel planted, whilst still climbing well enough. I think i will keep and play with it.

mtbr member
    May 2012

2015 Large Scout

My new (to me) 2015 Limeade Scout.

Coming from a Turner Flux it's far more comfortable on rough stuff but miss the DW link for uphill pedalling. The scout rocks going downhill. Loving it !

Build Spec:

150mm Pike RCT3
    Full XT Drivetrain & Saint pedals
    KMC EL Gold Chain
    One Up ISCG Bash & Guide
    Hope Bottom Bracket
    WTB KOM i25 rims & Hope Hubs
    Hope Tech 3 / E4 brakes with Hope floating Rotors
    Maxxis DHRII / DHF 2.3 3C Tyres (Tubeless)
    FSA / Gravity Cable Dropper
    Thomson Stem
    Nukeproof Bars & ODI Crosstrainer grips

Bearings were in a bad way when I received it (although I was told they were fine) so I have changed them all out for new ones.

Due to not knowing the history of the bike, I done major services on the Pikes and the Monarch Debonair. Only the dropper, frame, and forks exists from the complete bike that I bought. Everything else is new or swapped out.

2015 Scout by Stu, on Flickr
    2015 Scout by Stu, on Flickr
    Last edited by stub; 02-15-2018 at 07:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Does anyone know what the Reverb dropper switch is on the 2018 Scout SBG GX build? Is it the button or the lever?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    The damn button. I bought the lever and my advice is to buy the wolfstooth cable conversion, I donít know that Iíve ever gotten the 1x bled properly

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Iíve had constant failures with the Reverb stealth. It has been on my last 4 bikes and 3 of those Stealths failed.(Reverb Stealth seems to be OEM on all my bike kits) I was hoping it came with the lever. Maybe Iíll have better luck with this Reverb.....was hoping they equipped them with the lever though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Yeah kinda sucks to pay the extra $100 right off the bat to have something that should be standard kit. Again look at the wolfstooth cable conversion. Many say it solves reverbs problems

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I reluctantly bought the alloy Scout GX kit. My last 4 bikes have been carbon. I know there will be a carbon Scout at some point....but judging by how few alloy kits have been available, the carbon is a long way off.....for delivery.

Iím not a weight weenie, and understand Transitions belief they have to make their alloy frames extra stout due to the fact they are being ridden a lot harder than a traditional bike, but the weight is on my mind.

This Scout is over 3 pounds heavier than my SC Nomad 3 I just sold.
    I bought my original Scout without a test ride and loved that bike.

Iím hoping itís the same with this Scout......I gotta try the SBG!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    2018 Scout owners....is the front hub 110mm or 100mm spacing?

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePitch View Post
    2018 Scout owners....is the front hub 110mm or 100mm spacing?
    2018 is 110 front 148 rear
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    2018 is 110 front 148 rear
    Thanks. I see your from a bike shop. What are your thoughts on the Novatec hubs?

ride
    Thanks. I see your from a bike shop. What are your thoughts on the Novatec hubs?
    Historically, Novatecs track record hasn't been great. We do Intense as well - for a period of time a few years ago, they were spec'ing Novatec and we had a bunch of freehub failures and zero warranty support. I am optimistic about the new Novatec hubs. I also put a lot of stock in Transitions choices. So far, their product management team has been really on point and I believe they would only put what they know to be super solid components on their builds.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    Historically, Novatecs track record hasn't been great. We do Intense as well - for a period of time a few years ago, they were spec'ing Novatec and we had a bunch of freehub failures and zero warranty support. I am optimistic about the new Novatec hubs. I also put a lot of stock in Transitions choices. So far, their product management team has been really on point and I believe they would only put what they know to be super solid components on their builds.
    I understand they are trying to keep the pricing down on the builds, but the wheels always seem to be the weakest link in the build kits. With all the SRAM components they are using you would think they would have got a deal on some SRAM hubs. Not that I'm a fan of the entry or mid level SRAM hubs, but I think they might be a little better than the Novatec? I'm buying the Scout GX build and the kit is pretty good in my eyes except for the hubs. I usually upgrade the wheels anyway, but only after a riding them for awhile.

I see that the hubs have 32 pawls at the freewheel; 5x ratchets. Not too bad I guess, just hope they hold up and the track record you mention is better.

rad to the power of sick
    I understand they are trying to keep the pricing down on the builds, but the wheels always seem to be the weakest link in the build kits. With all the SRAM components they are using you would think they would have got a deal on some SRAM hubs. Not that I'm a fan of the entry or mid level SRAM hubs, but I think they might be a little better than the Novatec? I'm buying the Scout GX build and the kit is pretty good in my eyes except for the hubs. I usually upgrade the wheels anyway, but only after a riding them for awhile.
    Novatec's are good entry/mid level hubs. They do the job and their failure rate is consistent with anything OEM level. In fact several other well known brands are using rebranded Novatecs- Sram included. Since most customers upgrade to carbon or high end alloy wheels anyways, spec'ing cheaper wheels is a good way to keep the sticker shock down for consumers.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Boost. I think thatís 110

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer View Post
    Novatec's are good entry/mid level hubs. They do the job and their failure rate is consistent with anything OEM level. In fact several other well known brands are using rebranded Novatecs- Sram included. Since most customers upgrade to carbon or high end alloy wheels anyways, spec'ing cheaper wheels is a good way to keep the sticker shock down for consumers.
    I agree about the sticker shock, I get that every time I look at a new bike. The NX Scout build uses the same hubs but different rims. I would like to see just a small bit of upgrade between the build kits. The X01 gets better rims and better hubs......throw the GX build a little more love!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Anyone know when you order a bike off Transitions site if the bike comes with tubes installed? Does it come with tubeless rim tape? Does it come with tubeless valves?

Got a GX build on order but don't know if I have to order all the above?

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I agree about the sticker shock, I get that every time I look at a new bike. The NX Scout build uses the same hubs but different rims. I would like to see just a small bit of upgrade between the build kits. The X01 gets better rims and better hubs......throw the GX build a little more love!
    I agree there, even a slightly better hub would have been nice

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone know when you order a bike off Transitions site if the bike comes with tubes installed? Does it come with tubeless rim tape? Does it come with tubeless valves?

Got a GX build on order but don't know if I have to order all the above?
    I think mine were taped but had a tube in it

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I think mine were taped but had a tube in it

Thanks, I went ahead an ordered some tubeless stems and Stans sealant

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Update on the bb situation, changed it out, water is coming in from the frame, the old bb was shot, put the new one in with piles of grease on the outside and at the seams where the bb cups meet the plastic thing, hoping to alleviate that somewhat

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Update on the bb situation, changed it out, water is coming in from the frame, the old bb was shot, put the new one in with piles of grease on the outside and at the seams where the bb cups meet the plastic thing, hoping to alleviate that somewhat
    Have you considered drilling a drain hole at the lowest point of your bottom bracket shell? Should help with the water situation.

edit: just read the thread on PB. Might still be worth a try, don't know how Transition think about this in regard to warranty though.
    Last edited by Carmel; 02-26-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    n+1

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Sorry I just now saw your response, yeah not interested in voiding the warranty, I suspect itís from the internal routing ports. Not sure how I could solve that. Maybe throw a piece of elec. tape over the hole before a wash...

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone put spacers in dpx2?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    . Gx Eagle: mostly happy with it, getting a weird pop sound (sounds like a spoke moving) in the drive train when putting down power, seems to be after Iíve gone airborne or worked the rear shock a lot, and doesnít do it all the time. aside from that it shifts great and reliably.

The few rides I have been able to do I get the same pop noise from the rear. When I think about the noise I get the impression itís coming from the hub. The best way to describe it is when you lay down some power with an aggressive pedal stroke it sounds like one of the pawls is skipping/getting stuck/missing engagement? You can almost feel it in the pedal stroke when you hear it. The Novatec hubs seem to be having issues on some OEM builds on a different manufacturers build.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    have any of you with SBG Scouts tried the bike with 2.8 Minions? i've demo'd 2 bikes with these tires and have been impressed. i think this might be the perfect bike for the 2.8's though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    The few rides I have been able to do I get the same pop noise from the rear. When I think about the noise I get the impression itís coming from the hub. The best way to describe it is when you lay down some power with an aggressive pedal stroke it sounds like one of the pawls is skipping/getting stuck/missing engagement? You can almost feel it in the pedal stroke when you hear it. The Novatec hubs seem to be having issues on some OEM builds on a different manufacturers build.
    Exactly the same, aside from being annoying it doesnít seem to be causing a problem yet..... if anyone replaces a hub due to this let us know

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    have any of you with SBG Scouts tried the bike with 2.8 Minions? i've demo'd 2 bikes with these tires and have been impressed. i think this might be the perfect bike for the 2.8's though.
    I feel like that would be too much tire for this bike, I ride 2.6s but to each his own

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I just clicked order on a 2017 carbon Scout frame. So psyched!

I learned a lot from this thread and got to demo a Scout this weekend. I can't wait to get it in and built up. I'll post a couple pictures and weight here. For reference: I'm 5'10" and I went with a size large.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Got it built up last night with the following stuff. Came to 26.8lbs with pedals on a Park hanging scale.

I haven't tried the new Conti MKs, so I'll be curious how they ride. Also, I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for running a road cassette, but I come from many years of rigid singlespeeding. Having any gears at all is a luxury at this point.

Frame Transition Scout Carbon (Large)
    Fork Rockshox Pike RCT3
    Front Hub I9
    Rear Hub I9
    Spokes DT Comp
    Nipples DT Alloy
    Rim Strip Stans Tubeless Tape
    Tubes/Sealant Stans
    Front Tire Conti MK 2.3
    Rear Tire Conti MK 2.3
    Front Rim Velocity Blunt SS
    Rear Rim Velocity Blunt SS
    Headset Cane Creek 40
    Stem RF Turbine 35
    Seatpost Fox Transfer Performance
    Saddle Selle Italia SLR
    Handlebars RF Next 35
    Grips/Bar Tape ESI
    Shifters Shimano Zee
    Rear Derailleur Shimano Zee
    Bottom Bracket Wheels Mfg 24mm
    Crankset Shimano XT
    Chainring RF N/W 32t
    Cassette Shimano Dura Ace 10spd 11/28
    Chain Sram 1051
    Brakes Formula Cura
    Rotors Magura
    Pedals Shimano XT

Scout Build Thread-img_1107.jpg

Scout Build Thread-img_1108.jpg

Scout Build Thread-img_1109.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Anyone running 2.6 tires on a Scout Carbon (2017)? Do they fit? My next rims will be 32mm ID.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusutus View Post
    Anyone running 2.6 tires on a Scout Carbon (2017)? Do they fit? My next rims will be 32mm ID.
    I tried a Maxxis Rekon 2.6 on the rear with a Stans Flow MK3, 29mm ID and the fit was very,very tight. The tyre would rub on frame when cornering aggressively. It also had little to no mud clearance. I wouldn't recommend it. I Ended up removing it and running a Maxxis DHR2 2.4 instead.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Cheers for the reply @DanoXC. Guess it's a no-go then.

mtbr member
    May 2018

For what it's worth I am having this same issue with my alloy Sentinel...i'm on my third BB in six months haha...i've contacted Transition about this but I haven't gotten anything back from them. I'm sure drilling a hole in the frame would void the warranty so i'm wondering what solutions they've come up with for their own bikes. For what it's worth, the carbon Sentinel does have a drainage hole in the BB shell.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Yeah would be good if they would acknowledge it and maybe give some guidance, Iíve thought the same thing about the warranty, it would be a simple small hole but I want them to tell me that

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Yeah would be good if they would acknowledge it and maybe give some guidance, Iíve thought the same thing about the warranty, it would be a simple small hole but I want them to tell me that

I agree 100%...considering they ride in a place where water and mud is almost a given i'm sure they've ran into this issue. I'll make sure to post something if they ever email me back, hopefully they do!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone replace pivot bearing in a 2018 scout, my main pivot bearing are looking rusty from the outside, curious if I need a special tool.
    TR sells the bearing kits so thatís not the issue

Butts Up Fast!

New Whip

Just got this from the Pro Closet used but new to me!!!
    Scout Build Thread-bar.jpg
    Just put on a wider Atlas bar with some Ergons.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Can you clarify what size frame you have? Looking to buy a medium. I'm 5'7" but have a short reach and 30" inseam. Looking to buy a 2017 closeout Scout GX.

Thanks.
    Matt

Butts Up Fast!
    Mine's a medium. I'm 5'10 with long arms and 31" inseam. The fit feels bigger compared to my old bike, but this is my first whip with longer reach. I have a 50mm stem with 800mm bars and feel like the fit is just right. I'm so glad I bought this bike. It's super playful and you feel like your in the cockpit instead of on top of the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Anyone know a good press/puller for an 18!scout suspension bearings? Do I need a press/puller or just improvise. Going to order the bearing kit from TR

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It can be done with a nut/bolt and some stacks of appropriately sized washers. I think I also used the old bearings on a few spots to pull the new ones in. Crazy the difference it made (at least for me).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by burkawitz206 View Post
    I am 5'8", and I demo'ed the M X01 last month and it fit perfectly. I decided within two trails that the Scout the bike that I need to have but I have somehow since slipped into analysis-paralysis and cannot stop agonizing over whether there is something similar that I would like even more.

I am upgrading from a 2013 Pivot Mach 5.7 AL which I still have a ton of fun on, so anything new is going to be an upgrade in terms of what has come out in the last 5 years so I should just do it I guess.
    Did you ever end up with a new Scout? I'm also coming off a Mach 5.7 AL and currently trying to decide between a 2017 carbon Scout or going with the new model. I'd be interested in your comparison between the 5.7 and the Scout.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    A question,

In all reviews it is commented that the Scout is noted as having more suspension than it really has. But the reality looking at the Linkage is that it is an almost linear system, so I find this statement strange.

Of other bikes the same thing is said, for example Evil The Calling, but in that case it makes sense since it is a very progressive system.

Is it really hard to get the rubber on the Scout or is it pure marketing?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bartmikel View Post
    A question,

In all reviews it is commented that the Scout is noted as having more suspension than it really has. But the reality looking at the Linkage is that it is an almost linear system, so I find this statement strange.

Of other bikes the same thing is said, for example Evil The Calling, but in that case it makes sense since it is a very progressive system.

Is it really hard to get the rubber on the Scout or is it pure marketing?
    Not marketing hype......it rides bigger than a 130mm bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Not marketing hype......it rides bigger than a 130mm bike.
    I agree. I haven't ridden the 130mm version, but the 125mm felt much better than 140 or 150mm bikes I rode from Trek and Giant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Is there any extended review of the SBG Scout? I have not found any

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bartmikel View Post
    Is there any extended review of the SBG Scout? I have not found any
    Not yet!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ain't understand this....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112