Love the adrenaline

remove revolution 32 hub bearings

I inherited a pair of transition revolution 32 wheels, with trc revolution version 1 hubs.

the bearings in the the rear hub are shot. I've taken it apart, and I'm trying to remove the bearings from the hub portion, as opposed to the freewheel portion.

The bearings are on the outside, but don't seem to budge from either direction using a hammer and a socket.

I've emailed transition, and received no response. Anyone have any experience removing these bearings? Any assistance is much appreciated.

....just cruisin through
    The bearings sit outboard of the hubs on each side.

For the rear, you need to remove the bolts on both sides of the hub (slide out the axle). Then remove the freewheel (it will slide off, there is an additional set of cartridge bearings inside the freewheel, and a spacer that sits between the bearing in the freewheel and the bearing pressed into the hub). Be sure that you don't lose the springs and prawls in the freewheel when you slide it off.

You now have a clear view of the bearings that are pressed into the hub (from the outside of the hub). There is a metal shaft between the two bearings (it is used as a spacer) inside the hub. Use a long flathead screwdriver to "push" the spacer to the side so that you can see one side of the bearings' inner race. Then place the screwdriver through the hub and onto the inner race of the bearing on the other side. Tap the screwdriver with a mallet while holding the hub until the bearing comes out of the hub. Once out, flip the hub over and remove the other bearing.

The bearings are 6902, if memory serves...
    Last edited by dfrazm; 04-19-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers.....

Love the adrenaline
    Your memory serves you well.

many thanks - the bearings on the freewheel both came out from one side, so I assumed the other would as well.

I got them out in abt 3 minutes.

You da man