Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Good job! (editied) warranty issue

I need to clear the air. I spoke with Lars today and he and Transition in general have gone above and beyond to correct my issue. I just got my medium triangle today, and they agreed for me to send it back and exchange it for a large ( I wanted a longer reach). I would have been ok with them saying no, but they were gracious enough to work with me. I had asked my people at the shop to ask, and it never happened.

I take complete responsibility for the entire mix-up, including the thing about the seat post. I flew into panic mode when I was told it may not be covered (by the shop. I should have went directly to Transition in the first place and avoided the whole miscommunication.

Moral of the story :
    1 I'm an @##hole
    2 Don't lose faith in Transition
    3 Handle your own warranty claims.

I'm currently dealing with trying to get a frame warranteed. The frame in question is a 2013 covert. A week ago I noticed a crack at top of the seat tube/ top tube junction. Long story short, they apparently don't believe that I was running my seat post at or below the minimum height.(this is what the shop relayed to me) I have never run the post above minimum height and I'm certain that I am not out riding the capability of the bike.

I've owned 4 transitions in all and currently still have 3 of them. The whole reason I continue to buy transition is what has always been good customer service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rollertoaster; 01-03-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: resolved
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hi Rollertoaster,

We're bummed to hear about your frame and apologies if you're upset about this. We contacted your shop yesterday about your claim to get you squared away and rolling again ASAP. Part of the process is asking questions like this to make sure a failure wasn't caused by a mistake like a seatpost not being used per specifications. We have to cover our behinds to some degree, and you wouldn't believe some of the things people do with their bikes which result in failure.

Don't take it personally my man, we've got your back. Get back to the shop with the info and we'll get you sorted pronto.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    I'm currently dealing with trying to get a frame warranteed. The frame in question is a 2013 covert. A week ago I noticed a crack at top of the seat tube/ top tube junction. Long story short, they apparently don't believe that I was running my seat post at or below the minimum height. I have never run the post above minimum height and I'm certain that I am not out riding the capability of the bike.

I've owned 4 transitions in all and currently still have 3 of them. The whole reason I continue to buy transition is what has always been good customer service. I'm shocked that the crack occurred after 4-5 months and even more shocked to be getting static about it.

I'm really bummed about this, has anyone else had issues with customer service lately?

mtbr member
    I not at all taking it personally, but I certainly am upset about it. The shop asked me to take a picture of the seat post markings which I will do tonight. I do appreciate the reply, as I'm sure I don't get the whole story from the shop.
    Please under where I'm coming from on this one, it's not a mistrust of transition, but I've had a very negative experience with another manufacturer and a crash replacement part. I want to make sure this issue doesn't turn out the same way.

Team _________

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Fair enough, just get the photos of the issues over to the shop and we'll take care of you.

mtbr member
    Done. It has been emailed to the shop. They should be in contact in the morning. Thank you for the attention.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Team _________

mtbr member
    I'd say that's pretty good customer service right there, responding on mtbr. Hope you get it sorted.

mtbr member
    Jeez...Understandable that you're upset about cracking your frame, but this post is pretty out of line. You're going to blow up Transition for asking questions about a warranty claim, do you think people just give frames away? And you cracked it a week ago, probably including non-business days, and between you relaying to your shop, your shop relaying to Transition, Transition relaying to the shop, and your shop getting back to you, you're going to complain about the time getting back to you? Transition is at the top of the ladder with customer service, they are not the "other manufacturer". I don't think Transition deserves a thread with this title.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Maybe it's time to change the tread titel?

mtbr member
    I will withhold my judgment until I have my new front triangle in hand. Obviously there has been some miscommunication between the shop and me(hopefully just on my side, and not between transition and the shop) . Believe me, I am less than pleased with the lack of communication I've gotten from the shop.
    Understandably things can get mixed up when there are multiple parties involved. I'm just trying to protect my interest here, not everyone on this planet is honest, so forgive me for being a little suspicious (for lack of a better word) of what was going on.

Team _________

mtbr member
    You'll withhold your judgement, except for writing this post in the first place...You could've also just called Transition yourself if you didn't trust that your shop was getting it done for you. I'm just saying man, some idiot kid reads this and gets the wrong impression of a great company and tells all his friends that Transition's warranty sucks, blah blah. It's undeserved, bad press.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bklnbdub View Post
    You'll withhold your judgement, except for writing this post in the first place...You could've also just called Transition yourself if you didn't trust that your shop was getting it done for you. I'm just saying man, some idiot kid reads this and gets the wrong impression of a great company and tells all his friends that Transition's warranty sucks, blah blah. It's undeserved, bad press.
    Amen brother.... You should never come on a forum and put a company on blast. I'm sure Transition will do everything they can to make it right.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    You really should change the title of the thread, at least give them a chance...

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

gravity fighter
    I think the Mods would be justified in deleting this slander thread.

mtbr member
    It's not slander. I was having a legitimate issue, which is most likely on my shops end. Was I wrong to go through my shop with a warranty issue? With most manufacturers that is the only way to handle it.

Team _________

mtbr member

Re: (rant) wtf is going on at transition?

Quote Originally Posted by rollertoaster View Post
    I was having a legitimate issue, which is most likely on my shops end.
    So unless Transition owns said lbs how is this the fault of Transition?
    Here is the thing about equality, everyone's equal when they're dead. - Gavroche, Les MisÚrables

mtbr member
    I can't believe that you can't wrap your head around this. Good luck with your bike...

gravity fighter
    Of course you're not wrong going through the shop on a warranty issue. Maybe we are not getting the whole story. Did you contact anyone at Transition to alert them that the shop was not handling this to your satisfaction? Did they blow you off?

Small companies live and die by their reputation and you just pulled out the big guns and called them out as having crappy customer service on one of the biggest mountain bike forums in the world.

I just think it's an unfortunate tactic to use unless Transition was legitimately jerking you around.

I'm not even a customer yet, but I went right to this thread when I saw the title to find out why Transitions customer service has gone downhill. Now multiply that...

AZ
    banned
    Sounds like a LBS problem, maybe throw them under the bus? Thread fail.

mtbr member
    Change the title already. You could have contacted Transition first, then the title would have been "Transition customer service is top notch".

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hey Rollertoaster,

Just in case you we're not notified by your shop, this has been resolved and you have a replacement on the way. They we're in better communication with us than most shops, for what that's worth. No promises it will be there to be under the tree Xmas morning, but hopefully soon after!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    i know i'd be plenty pleased to have it replaced w/in 2 weeks. wonder how fast it would have happened w/o this forum burn
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    About the same. Transition wants you on their bikes.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    ah the glamour of having to deal with demanding suspicious douchebag customers... how do you guys at Transition handle it?
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    The op is a child. He blew his load way way to soon. Always got to have the latest and greatest kinda guy, and thinks its someone's fault when it's HIS money involved. Dignity slipped his moxie years ago..

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I will always have a Transition bike in my garage. Solid bikes, cool people...can't go wrong with that combination.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast