Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan the Terrible View Post
    Attachment 1162938Here is a pic of my recently build carbon Patrol. I took the parts from my alloy Patrol and slapped them on my new carbon frame. The bike feels about 10% better everywhere compared with the alloy version.

My only complaint is the noise associated with this bike. I have put mastic tape everywhere the chain may come in contact with the frame but still get some clatter when hitting a series of bumps, like braking bumps. Otherwise, this bike is great.
    Dude! Chain hitting chainstay in the bumps? I had that on my Evil (it was clanking when on the rough fast) because the chain rode super close to the chainstay in the small cog. I added some window insulation foam tape to the top of the chainstay and it quieted the bike down substantially.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Black 2017 Alloy Patrol
    Didn't think to ask for Black Ano fork

About 500 miles in and no complaints, other then I kind of wish it was 26".

Last edited by bneall; 01-12-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added image as link

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Something Wicked This Way Comes....

Patrol build thread-img-7875.jpg

Test Ride tomorrow at "lunch"

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Looking forward to your feedback

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    gentlemen, have any of you tried 2.6 tires front and back on the original Patrol? 2.5 fits in the fork, probably, but not sure in back. i'm wondering if anyone has tried 2.6s...

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I've run 2.5s but havent tried 2.6s. 2.5s clear in the rear just fine.

ride
    I rode 2.6s on my 2017 Scout and they fit great. A customer of ours is running front and rear 2.6 on his 2017 Patrol and they fit great as well.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    anybody know off hand how many bb spacers on turbine cinch cranks for 16 carbon patrol?
    picked up a new 16 frame clearance and excited to finish build.

thanks!

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by fedup2 View Post
    anybody know off hand how many bb spacers on turbine cinch cranks for 16 carbon patrol?
    picked up a new 16 frame clearance and excited to finish build.

thanks!
    The Turbine cinch has an adjuster on the non drive side so there should be no need for spacers on the crank itself. You'll have to run a spacer on the drive side of the bb at least (standard for 73mm threaded bb). I've found that the adjuster on the Turbine crank doesn't work well if it's threaded out too far so sometimes we run a 2.5mm spacer on the non drive side as well to account for that.
    Redstone Cyclery
    intense*transition*rocky mountain*turner
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    perfect! thanks alot

mtbr member
    Got my Patrol built up last night. Bootleg this weekend to break it in!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Amazing color. Is it stickers or did you have someone paint it?
    Eric

mtbr member
    It's a vinyl wrap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker831 View Post
    I have a couple rides now on my new patrol, this bike is awesome! I am coming from a evil insurgent, and the biggest difference is the front wheel is so much more planted and the bike corners so much more naturally. Bike handles awesome, and the factory build kit is very well specd. Only changes I made were sc carbon reserve i9 wheels with cushcore and minions f+r, and a 35mm chromag bza stem.
    Attachment 1164759

nice. whats the weight of your bike, did carbon wheels make any difference in riding weight? thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Hello to all
    This is my 2017 patrol carbon.

By the way, do any of you know the colour code of the TR Blue color?

I have already contacted transition but they said they dont keep this information. WTF?

Patrol build thread-7c86256c-c411-42f1-9e91-ecc253be93ff.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I'm trying to decided between a 150 or 170 dropper for my Large Patrol Carbon. I'm 6 foot even. I want to slam it as much as possible.

I know I can basically slam a 150 OneUp dropper all the way down, but I'm not sure if the height will be enough in the up position. If i get the 170 (and adjust it lower later), its shaft base is slightly longer, and I won't be able to be slammed as much.

Anyone 6 foot riders with a large frame and a 150mm dropper? I'm unable to try sizes right now in person since the bike isn't built yet and I'm still waiting on parts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

2019 Patrol color?

Found these over at Pinkbike. According to the owner/poster this is a 2019 color.

Name:  671294BD-1645-4DC3-8BC2-9D2B9304307A.jpeg
Views: 1008
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  15C4D080-8D84-4C8C-A8C2-6639AC9D61E6.jpeg
Views: 1000
Size:  117.1 KB

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by BluePitch View Post
    Found these over at Pinkbike. According to the owner/poster this is a 2019 color.

Name:  671294BD-1645-4DC3-8BC2-9D2B9304307A.jpeg
Views: 1008
Size:  92.8 KB

Name:  15C4D080-8D84-4C8C-A8C2-6639AC9D61E6.jpeg
Views: 1000
Size:  117.1 KB
    Whoah nice! I was waiting for someone to post a pic of the new sage color, thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Do you know anything about Carbon?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by krau View Post
    I'm trying to decided between a 150 or 170 dropper for my Large Patrol Carbon. I'm 6 foot even. I want to slam it as much as possible.

I know I can basically slam a 150 OneUp dropper all the way down, but I'm not sure if the height will be enough in the up position. If i get the 170 (and adjust it lower later), its shaft base is slightly longer, and I won't be able to be slammed as much.

Anyone 6 foot riders with a large frame and a 150mm dropper? I'm unable to try sizes right now in person since the bike isn't built yet and I'm still waiting on parts.
    I am 6 foot and i am on a Large Patrol with a 150mm dropper (KS LEV). i think you can easily fit a 170 dropper. Have a look at the blue patrol photo a couple of posts above.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Carbon to be released in the US toward end of September according to Transition.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ecbmxer View Post
    Carbon to be released in the US toward end of September according to Transition.
    Any word on other models / aluminum versions?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Aluminum frames are shipping already. Mine should be here next week

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ecbmxer View Post
    Aluminum frames are shipping already. Mine should be here next week
    Ordered from where?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Finished up my '19 Patrol yesterday! Just got out for a quick spin, but so far its not hugely different from my Scout. Rides a little bigger, but for a 160/170 bike I was pretty surprised. Can't wait to get it out into some proper gnar to really see what it can do! I have a cush core set to try out and a chainguide to still go on at some point. OneUp post is pretty sweet, nice to have a 142mm drop.

FiPatrol build thread-37883088_10106712069720529_914358594122547200_o.jpg

mtbr member
    About to pull a trigger on a used almost new 2017 patrol. Just want to be sure I'm making the right choice over the scout. Will be doing pisgah and dupont on the weekends so long climbs followed by mild to wild depending on the day I also will be doing bike parks atleast once maybe twice a month. I prefer steep tech over flowy. Now the kicker, I live in charlotte nc so during the week is mellow xc trails, there is some extra credit features on a few of the trails to keep things fun so will I hate my life on the patrol in xc type trails or will it work well enough to keep my fitness up for the weekend rides I actually enjoy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Dont plan on setting uphill PRs, the patrol will only make you fitter not faster on uphills. Look forward to the downs, thats where it will shine like no other!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skycries57 View Post
    Dont plan on setting uphill PRs, the patrol will only make you fitter not faster on uphills. Look forward to the downs, thats where it will shine like no other!
    These are exactly my intentions I am no record setter on the climbs nor do I desire to be. As long as I can pedal around some xc loops on occasion after work I'll be happy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Patrol build thread-image1.jpg

NBD: Oh baby! NX build for now. Upgraded to 2.8's on 38mm rims and Zee brakes after this pic was taken. Waiting on full Deity cockpit (bars/stem/pedals) to finish her out.

By far the most stable bike at speed I have ever been on. Corners like a dream, loves to be airborne, and the damn thing climbs really well!
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post

NBD: Oh baby! ....
    Nice one! Looks like a XL - may I ask whats your height?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	1214313

NBD: Oh baby! NX build for now. Upgraded to 2.8's on 38mm rims and Zee brakes after this pic was taken. Waiting on full Deity cockpit (bars/stem/pedals) to finish her out.

By far the most stable bike at speed I have ever been on. Corners like a dream, loves to be airborne, and the damn thing climbs really well!

looks good, I do like the blue and have thought of possibly a patrol in my future.

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aenduro View Post
    Nice one! Looks like a XL - may I ask whats your height?
    Its only a large, but its almost a 50 wheelbase. Im 6ft tall and coming off a large stump jumper 6fattie, and it fits perfect.
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hello to all Transition fans. Soon I am gonna be a fresh owner of a Transition patrol 2016. Looking forward on it so much. But can you please help me with the fork.. Would be a fork cutted steer to 175 mm enough for this bike, when head tube is 120 mm? Thank you so much for you answer

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Should work: 120mm + 10mm (cane creek 40- 9mm top, 1mm bottom) + 35mm stem (e.g. Spank) = 165. since you have also usually a gap ~2-3mm between the top cap and the steerer youll have 10-13mm space to play around. When you use a 40mm stem around 5-8mm - which is oke.
    In the worst case youll have to try bars with different rise.
    But please: verify that headset stack height- there are so many headset variations and Im not 100% sure if the 10mm are correct.
    In doubt write Sam @ Transition.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hello aenduro, thank you so much for answer. Its just like I thought it should be ..Basicaly I have to buy a headset as shorterst as I can ? On patrol frame is integrated and semi-integrated as well? thank once again

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Patrol build thread-patrol2.jpg

Setup as a Patrol Plus now.

Bike is super stable in hard cornering, even when you are sliding out. It is also super poppy on jumps and the landings are also very stable. It carries more speed to send it harder and further.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cunningstunts View Post
    gentlemen, have any of you tried 2.6 tires front and back on the original Patrol? 2.5 fits in the fork, probably, but not sure in back. i'm wondering if anyone has tried 2.6s...
    Man, IDK, 2.5 DHF is pretty tight on the rear and has def F'D up my rear triangle from rocks. 2.6 may fit but if you ride anything other than dry dirt will probably suck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    I've been on my Patrol for two seasons now, coming from a Nomad 3. The Patrol is a really well-balanced bike. It climbs good, not great, but its a 160/65 bike so I dont expect it to. The bike does everything really well, can smash, jump, and its way more flickable (if that a word) that my Nomad. I would go for it, I think you will be stoked. You can even build it up for more all mountain riding since its such a well rounded bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hi everybody.

Please can someone explain me what kind of screw is that and what is it for ?

Thanks for help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Patrol build thread-img_9946.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jebnutemeno View Post
    Hi everybody.

Please can someone explain me what kind of screw is that and what is it for ?

Thanks for help
    that's the Front Derailleur Mounting Bracket, see page 3: https://www.transitionbikes.com/PDF/...atrolAlloy.pdf
    I've simply removed mine.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Where are the reviews of the Patrol Carbon?

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    Aug 2018

My Party Animal

I'm finally accustomed to my 2017 Patrol. Transition replaced my Bandit frame after the warranty expired.

She's a beauty, black on turquoise 12 speed GX and a Mattoc pro leading the way with Code RSC Brakes. I have felt Nirvana with the RSCs and there is no substitute. I need to find the post pic link.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    since there's some original Patrol love going on in here..... i have an alloy 2016 and it's amazing bike. i also have an original Smuggler from their first shipment. both bikes are awesome. i used to ride the Smuggler 80% of the time because it's such a great all arounder and i just wasn't that used to small wheels and i'm very tall. now i ride the Patrol 80% of the time. so nimble and such a crusher. it was a custom frame up build when new and every part has been replaced this spring at great cost. new custom wheelset on Hope hubs, new Fox 36 factory, Vorsprung tractive on shock and 200mm drop Fall Line, XT 11 sp drivetrain, Turbine cranks, Sram 11-42 xdome ca$$sette. DT Swiss XM521 rims with 2.6 tires. it's a wicked trail bike and a beast. i'll get a photo up soon.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Built this large 2015 up, 12k' a week for 6 months and Im still just getting this bike figured out.

Wish I had just bought the Patrol 2.0 in the first place, but had a lot of fun with this one.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    >>>>SOLD. Mods remove if needed.<<<<

Mods, feel free to remove this sorta post if it isn't allowed. Just trying to help fellow patrol bros out I'm rarely on the forums anymore.

I'm selling a barely used Fox DHX2 coil shock in the Pinkbike classifieds. Comes with 2 coils, 500 Fox SLS, 400 cheap fox coil. It fits the 8.5x2.5 shock sizing (was for a 2016 Patrol Carbon). I originally got it for my new build earlier this year, put a few rides on it, and swapped it back out. Maybe has 10 rides on it combined from me and the last owner, probably less honestly. The last owner did the same thing: tried it for a new build, went back to air right after. I ended up sticking with the air shock and this DHX2 has been sitting around doing nothing. Search Patrol DHx2 on there and you should find it.

Patrol build thread-p5pb16384919.jpg
    Last edited by krau; 1 Week Ago at 11:51 AM.

mtbr member
    This is my 2016 with updated graphics, never liked the hi liter yellow.

Patrol build thread-img_2110-001.jpg
    2016 Transition Patrol
    2011 Stump Jumper
    2018 NukeProof Scout

Stand back
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    I rode 2.6s on my 2017 Scout and they fit great. A customer of ours is running front and rear 2.6 on his 2017 Patrol and they fit great as well.
    What brand/ model?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234