Thread: Patrol or...

mtbr member
    Oct 2015

Patrol or...

Really been eyeing a patrol for while, feeling somewhat fixated on it. Currently on a SC Bantam which I like, just seems underguned for the big drops at duthie park where I plan to spend more time this year. Just started thinking about a long travel 29. Driving myself nuts...
    Will the extra travel really help for those 6 to 8 foot drops?
    How would the wreckoning compare to the patrol?

cnut
    The Bantam is a great little trail bike, but the Patrol and the Wreckoning would be a step up - especially on the bigger stuff.

The Patrol and Wreckoning are pretty different bikes though. You're going to be best test-riding them (ideally on a variety of trails) and seeing which you like more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    If you can hold off for a couple of months, go the the Evergreen Mtn Bike Festival at Duthie (6/10 - 6/11) and demo some bikes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I have it marked on the calendar. I heard evil doesn't demo bikes, hope that's not true.
    I'm 45 and a decent rider, started thinking a 29er might help...still want a patrol. Transition is a great company that I'd like to give my money to

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew43 View Post
    I have it marked on the calendar. I heard evil doesn't demo bikes, hope that's not true.
    I'm 45 and a decent rider, started thinking a 29er might help...still want a patrol. Transition is a great company that I'd like to give my money to
    In what way would a 29er help you? I have some serious doubts that a 29er would be at all better on those big drops at Duthie.

I'm close to your age and ride a 27.5 and find that it works pretty well in our area and especially Duthie. I'm also seriously considering a Patrol.
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    In what way would a 29er help you? I have some serious doubts that a 29er would be at all better on those big drops at Duthie.

I'm close to your age and ride a 27.5 and find that it works pretty well in our area and especially Duthie. I'm also seriously considering a Patrol.
    Yea, I'm not sure a 29er would help, just trying to look at all options as I now feel I rushed into my Bantam. I'm not the most graceful rider and have had some harsh bottom outs. I'm also 6'1.5 and the Santa Cruz geo is a bit small...