Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Official TR450 Thread!

127K views 433 replies 115 participants last post by  paraskevas 
#1 · (Edited)
Time to show them off. Most should have reached the shops today or tomorrow. Mine had an issue come up with the build, but this is what mine looks like today. it'll be done in the morning. I'm just blown away with how beautiful this bike is. Pictures just don't give it justice.it's just breathtaking. Mine came out to 41. It may go down some but i'm not that worried about the weight

See less See more
#103 ·
Nice EB

Looking Good!

LB

ebxtreme said:
Got my rig on Friday and built it up on Friday night. Got it out for a proper shakedown on Saturday with a few buddies. Took a few funs to get used to it and then was full on pinning after that. So fun and confidence inspiring.

EB

Some post ride pics. This is how it'll look 90% of the time anyway. :)

#117 ·
mtg7aa said:
You do realize that the brake caliper is effectively mounted to the chainstay on both frames, right?
Yeah....I guess I was a little confused on the whole subject. Too many articles and I guess I am a bit misinformed on how the whole floating brake is applied in different suspension designs. I have been looking all over the place and have found so many different bikes and suspension designs that I will just wait till I get a good DH bike to worry about it. I notice it on my bottlerocket but I am not trying to brake on rocky/bumpy terrain but before it if I need to, so its not objectional at this point.

#119 ·
Chad_Money said:
3rd production due in June sometime..or around. Larges are gone, few smalls left , plenty of mediums if your still on the fence about a preorder. We have smalls and Larges ready to ship now.

Probably going to be a 4th run also..no due date..most likely august.
Hmm, so I guess my question is: have all the 2nd run been delivered? If the large with my name on it is from the 3rd run, no way I'm waiting til June...

#124 ·
Mine is built, here's the specs:

- TR450, medium
- Fox 40 RC2
- TR450 build kit with a couple part swaps
- Deemax wheels
- UST High Rollers
- Ultegra cassette (wheels have an aluminum freehub and need a cassette with a carrier)
- Sunline V1 handlebar (took the T-Bar 30 from the build kit, cut it to 28.5" and put it on my Covert)
- Avid Matchmaker, because I'm anal about making my stuff look clean

Before it was built, I weighed all of the individual parts, and the sum of those weights came very close to the ~40lb even measurement from my fish scale of the complete bike. Gotta love consistency :)

Here's the eye-candy:

Family photo:

#126 ·
dragon woody said:
Mine came with blue Fox 40 stickers.

My build also didn't come with pedals. I thought I also saw some where that they were included.
Pedals are listed in the build kit; I understand that "specs can change at any time without prior notice", such as swapping out the Traitor road saddle for the Transition AM saddle, but just deleting a part from the build kit is different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.