Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 434
  1. #301
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Well, I HATE the feel of single plys, even in loam, so I'll add another 2lbs there, 3/4lb with the Outlaws...but like I think I've mentioned, if I can beat 38 I'll be a happy old man.
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  2. #302
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Well, I HATE the feel of single plys, even in loam, so I'll add another 2lbs there, 3/4lb with the Outlaws...but like I think I've mentioned, if I can beat 38 I'll be a happy old man.
    i feel you...i know people are going to hate on me for the single ply, but i think they're great. they roll mega quick too

  3. #303
    rider of bicycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpearson
    yeah, they're the nevegal 2.35 dtc. i only flatted twice the whole season using them on my TR...light and stick amazing to the ground. and thrillseaker, the outlaw will probably only add 1/2-3/4 pound on my wheelset, so yours will be way light. I kinda want to get a Boxxer WC just to take off weight now
    Those tires should come with a big asterisk: that's 2+ pounds lighter than what most people would consider "DH" tires.

    But, that would put you at about 36.5 lbs with "DH" tires, which is still really light.

  4. #304
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Those tires should come with a big asterisk: that's 2+ pounds lighter than what most people would consider "DH" tires.

    But, that would put you at about 36.5 lbs with "DH" tires, which is still really light.

    Absolutely. Hell, I remember when 40lbs was nearly unachievable with any durability remaining...and that wasn't that long ago!

    And I can't lie...~35 pounds is probably going to make me toss the single plys on once again just to see if I can change my own mind! Ha!
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  5. #305
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Those tires should come with a big asterisk: that's 2+ pounds lighter than what most people would consider "DH" tires.

    But, that would put you at about 36.5 lbs with "DH" tires, which is still really light.
    Real dh tires? that's all up to what you argue is a real dh tire.
    schwalbe muddy mary, maxxis, continental, kenda, geax...they all make tires on the under 1000g range that work very well with dh. I'm in utah and don't flat all that much on light tires. I just make sure to keep my tire pressure in check...and i have a scoop and a half of stans fluid in each tube just in case. i would probably move to a thicker tire if i flatted more, but for rolling weight and just not getting flats, i have an amazing setup

  6. #306
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    188
    Nice bike ! But CK hubs and Spank rims ?

  7. #307
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpearson
    Real dh tires? that's all up to what you argue is a real dh tire.
    schwalbe muddy mary, maxxis, continental, kenda, geax...they all make tires on the under 1000g range that work very well with dh. I'm in utah and don't flat all that much on light tires. I just make sure to keep my tire pressure in check...and i have a scoop and a half of stans fluid in each tube just in case. i would probably move to a thicker tire if i flatted more, but for rolling weight and just not getting flats, i have an amazing setup
    Well...there's definately an absolute line between "real" DH tires and those that are not. I would never consider any foldable, single ply tire as DH worthy. Can you go downhill on them? Yes, but is it worth even the chance of having to stop half way down to fix a flat? That's a pretty major buzzkill.
    I ride wire bead DH carcass Kendas(Telonix front/Excavator rear) with flyweight tubes and 20 psi. Everywhere. I've had one flat in 4 years and I had to drive 30 hours to Whistler and bomb down In Deep WAY too fast to get it. I've tried the single plys, I tried and tried the tubeless thing...until I weighed them and realized that a tire, half a tube, and Stan's weighs as much as a dh tire and an XC tube, and I don't burp Stans all over my brake rotors on hard hip jumps or landing all cacked. Ended up having to run 30psi with the Stans to keep the beads locked in, so there went any point in running the Stans anyway.
    Plus there's the feel of a Sticky 2 ply not bouncing off small rocks and tree roots that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over!
    Just my opinion on the tire game.
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  8. #308
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Well...there's definately an absolute line between "real" DH tires and those that are not. I would never consider any foldable, single ply tire as DH worthy. Can you go downhill on them? Yes, but is it worth even the chance of having to stop half way down to fix a flat? That's a pretty major buzzkill.
    I ride wire bead DH carcass Kendas(Telonix front/Excavator rear) with flyweight tubes and 20 psi. Everywhere. I've had one flat in 4 years and I had to drive 30 hours to Whistler and bomb down In Deep WAY too fast to get it. I've tried the single plys, I tried and tried the tubeless thing...until I weighed them and realized that a tire, half a tube, and Stan's weighs as much as a dh tire and an XC tube, and I don't burp Stans all over my brake rotors on hard hip jumps or landing all cacked. Ended up having to run 30psi with the Stans to keep the beads locked in, so there went any point in running the Stans anyway.
    Plus there's the feel of a Sticky 2 ply not bouncing off small rocks and tree roots that makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over!
    Just my opinion on the tire game.
    I had to retire the single ply Nevegals a few years back for these exact reasons. Nice and light but I was blowing them up all over the place. Your results may vary. But my dislike of the single-ply Kenda tires is not a dislike of ALL single ply tires.

    The excavator is a vicious gripper, but I swear those things would roll to a stop going DOWN a slight grade. There has to be a middle ground.

    The difference between a 900g and a 1050g tire can be amazing as long as it's all in the sidewalls. Better tubeless, better rim protection, just better. These Schwalbe "Freeride Casing" tires are allowing me to think I don't have to go full DH to get two-ply performance anymore. Maybe this will all change after a few weeks of charging, but I am optimistic.

  9. #309
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    770
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I had to retire the single ply Nevegals a few years back for these exact reasons. Nice and light but I was blowing them up all over the place. Your results may vary. But my dislike of the single-ply Kenda tires is not a dislike of ALL single ply tires.

    The excavator is a vicious gripper, but I swear those things would roll to a stop going DOWN a slight grade. There has to be a middle ground.

    The difference between a 900g and a 1050g tire can be amazing as long as it's all in the sidewalls. Better tubeless, better rim protection, just better. These Schwalbe "Freeride Casing" tires are allowing me to think I don't have to go full DH to get two-ply performance anymore. Maybe this will all change after a few weeks of charging, but I am optimistic.
    I do thing the muddy mary is a pretty good tire. I'd give that a run. For utah, minions do not hook up for me or any of my riding friends. we're the only group running nevegals. all of us run 2.35 dtc on our dh bikes and none of us flat that often. I refuse to use wtb after flatting every ride on them, and i'd like to try continental.

  10. #310
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Well...my TR450 is "in transit". I friggin HATE waiting for new bikes.

    TBC boys...if you REALLY wanna do something revolutionary, why don't you guys invent the Transition Teleporter, beam that shiz right to my doorstep. You could even play it off as Going Green as it saves fuels and we all win!
    Wait...just beam me to the PNW and I'll come get it!
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  11. #311
    JMH
    JMH is offline
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Reputation: JMH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,709
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpearson
    I do thing the muddy mary is a pretty good tire. I'd give that a run. For utah, minions do not hook up for me or any of my riding friends. we're the only group running nevegals. all of us run 2.35 dtc on our dh bikes and none of us flat that often. I refuse to use wtb after flatting every ride on them, and i'd like to try continental.
    The UST 2.35 Nevegal is bomber with those brawny sidewalls, it's worth checking out, no complaints with that rubber at all. I also develop excellent flat-repair skills every time I use WTB tires. They could just as easily be called WTF in my opinion. Get it? WTF? Hahaha I kill me.

    Okay, enough of this talk about unimportant things like tires, let's get back on track by looking at pics of Ti bolts and custom laser-etching:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR450 Thread!-stem.jpg  


  12. #312
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    786

    Purple People Eater





    better pix at www.dropnzone.com

    39.5 pounds
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

  13. #313
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Damn! Is that the Deity DH saddle?? I didn't know/realize it was so thin. Wish it sat lower on the rails...looks like the seat has a body lift. hehe

    I'm Cody, I'm the guy who just ordered the orange 450 with the Vivid Air. SHIP IT! Sorry...damn turettes kickin in again.

    I need to do some spec checks...I'm wondering what the "new age" steel cranks weigh compared to like my MRP Cambers... But I think I actually like the new Atomlab cranks, asthtetics wise...just wish Deity made em! But I LOVE that sprocket. Looks clean.
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  14. #314
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vic690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    Sooo happy ...

    After being a great lover of Bottlerocket and Blindside ... i can't avoid the final upgrade ... ..

    Just finished last week and tested on my favourite trail ..... it's awesome how it handles .. completely satisfied with new rig ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR450 Thread!-mtbrp1030377.jpg  

    Official TR450 Thread!-mtbrp1030375.jpg  

    Official TR450 Thread!-mtbrp1030379.jpg  


  15. #315
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    211
    What is that on your downtube? Could use something like that.

  16. #316
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    Hey guys, so stoked on my new TR450 build, it wont be done for about a week, waiting on 1 more part,I love to see everybodys unique builds and of course everyone loves there build the most and for me mine is going to be perfect, dont wanna give to much away but some highlights will be boxxer w/c, raceface,straitline,hope,xo...........

  17. #317
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Vic690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by dagmz6s
    What is that on your downtube? Could use something like that.
    It's a simple hi-density adhesive foam ... cheap, light and functional ...

  18. #318
    I gotta pee
    Reputation: Dynamatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    330
    Here's a quick picture of my latest purchase. I love this thing, i came off a 303rdh and this is a much better machine, more stable, adjustable, and lower center of gravity. Needless to say, i'm in love


  19. #319
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4
    very nice, on another note i finished my build tonight, once i weight it and take some nice photos ill post it up.

  20. #320
    Rocket Scientist
    Reputation: bpatterson6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    I ordered my new 2011 TR450 a week ago. Tr. is currently out of stock on all 3 colors.
    I ordered the Raw/Polished.

    Here is my intended build:

    Frame: Transition TR450 Frame - Size Large - Polished
    Brakes: Avid Juicy 7 w/G3 Clean Sweep Disc Rotors
    Cranks: Shimano Saint Cranks - 165mm
    Chain Guide: E13 LG1+ - Black
    Pedals: Sunline V-One Pedals
    Seat Collar: Forte QR Seat Post Clamp - 34.9mm - Black
    Fork: Fox 40 Fit RC2 - Black Lowers
    Rear Shock: Fox DHX RC4 - 9.5x3.0
    Grips: ODI Cross Trainer Grips - Black
    Bars: ODI Handle bars - 750mm Wide - Black w/ 12.5mm extensions
    Stem: Race Face Atlas Freeride Stem - Blue
    F Tire: Schwalbe Muddy Mary - 26x2.5 - GG
    R Tire: Schwalbe Muddy Mary - 26x2.35 - Triple
    Chain: Sram PC51 Chain
    Shifter: Sram X.0 Front Shifter
    R Der: Sram X.0 Rear Derailleur - Short Cage - Black/Carbon
    Cassette: Sram PG970 12-23t
    Wheels: Custom Mavic 823 laced to Hope Bulb Hubs
    Seat: SDG Ti Fly Seat - Black
    Seat Post: Thomson 31.6mm Elite Seat Post - Black
    Extras: THE Downtube Fender - Black
    Last edited by bpatterson6; 02-25-2011 at 05:34 PM.

  21. #321
    Spreadin the love...
    Reputation: thrillseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    772
    Try DropNZone.com? If anyone's gonna have one stashed away in a back room it's them boys! AND they'll hook you up!
    For 08:
    SixFeetDeepClothing
    Azonic/Oneal
    Globe Shoes
    One Industries/Sixsixone/Sunline
    Kenda

  22. #322
    mtbr member
    Reputation: eurospek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,321
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker
    Try DropNZone.com? If anyone's gonna have one stashed away in a back room it's them boys! AND they'll hook you up!
    Definitely great service. A few emails back and forth in the morning, and the frame was shipped the next. Quick and painless transaction. Highly recommend them to all!!!

  23. #323
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Giant_XC07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    33
    Here's my new TR450 can't wait to ride.. [IMG]Photobucket[/IMG][IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

  24. #324
    rider of bicycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant_XC07
    Here's my new TR450 can't wait to ride..
    Looks good, I like the orange accents- just enough to tie into the overall color scheme, but not over bearing like a lot of people seem to do.

  25. #325
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Giant_XC07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by mtg7aa
    Looks good, I like the orange accents- just enough to tie into the overall color scheme, but not over bearing like a lot of people seem to do.
    Thanks..

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •