Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Official TR250 Thread!!!

I figured it's time to start showing them off! I know they're starting to show up. We just got this at Urban Downfall today!!! I'll get complete shots of the bike once it's done, but our shop guy Nate is building it. Fox 180 van Rc2, blue kings to stans ztr, descendent cranks, e13, sram drivetrain. Tons of other diety...it's gonna be such a sick build!

mtbr member
    Good call on this thread...been watching this forum waiting to see some shots of other builds...

I will have mine in a couple days black medium w/ Totem, XO, e.13 Cranks, full thompson, saint brakes...I have never been this excited about building a bike, can't wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Dude...I just finished my 2011 tr450 with nearly as spec as you can make a bike(mines the one down to 34.5) and i'm just so envious. The 250 is just stunning. Your build sounds like an astounding amount of fun. I got a pair of the e.13 cranks yesterday and wow the finish is stunning on them. I was shocked how nice they are. try to get some really detailed pics of your bike

mtbr member
    Black large arriving Tuesday. I'm so excited/nervous that I can hardly function.
    Binary • Transition Bikes • Demon Dirt •

mtbr member
    coming along nicely!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-woops-555.jpg  

mtbr member
    AH HA HA HA! Love it.

mtbr member
    ya man me to...planning on a bunch of xc races this summer and since i only have 1 bike i needed to steepen the head angle for the climbs...

mtbr member
    Funny!

mtbr member
    what?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I used to really want that fork for my GT Zaskar... my how times have changed.

At least upgrade to a Judy DH!

--Sam

Just roll it......
    What is that the QR 21?

I hope you've still got a supply of judy butter!!

mtbr member
    Personally, I think the yellow clashes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    How come the brake arch isn't snapped?

mtbr member
    wow some serious love for the Quadra 21 here...

For real, nobody has them built up yet? I'll have some proper photos of my build up this weekend, waiting for a rear brake right now otherwise it's all ready to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's a small updated pic...these aren't the final wheels that will be on the bike and it's missing the chain. It's at 34 dead on with the setup right now. Will be in the low 36s

mtbr member
    ^ Looks great!

Rocket Scientist
    Darn you, you are gonna twist my arm right into buying one of those TR250's.
    Super sick!

mtbr member
    So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?

mtbr member
    the only thing that I dont like so far...love the adjustability but it makes for a bit of a sketchy wheel removal...esp on a muddy dh course to change a flat...In the rack it wasnt all that bad though...

3mm axle bolt is a bit crazy to...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ruppguts
    So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?
    The one tip I have is to take the non-driveside insert out with the axle.That should make it a lot easier. Once you have the bike built up with der cable housing and the like, the driveside should be a lot less likely to fall out as well.

mtbr member
    Got my build done and got in about a half hour on the local freeride trail. More detail to follow, but in short? LOVED it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    We got a new Tr250 frame at Urban Downfall for nick moore. basically we tricked him...we sold his bottlerocket that he'd been trying to sell for a while without him knowing, got in parts for him and put together a story to really make his day bad...here's him after seeing the frame. i'll post a vid later

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Little vid on a prank my shop, Urban Downfall Cycles, pulled on Demon Dirt's Nick Moore
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/185776/

mtbr member
    I have been waiting for this frame for a while, and it is basically stunning in person. I have been riding almost exclusively transition bikes since 05' when I bought one of the first bottlerockets and this is an ace...

I wanted to build a bike that wasn't super blingy and touchy, just solid and something I could travel with. I have no idea on weight but my finely calibrated hand puts it at about 36-37 lbs, perfectly reasonable for my usage: primarily freeride, few races, and traveling this summer.

Few notes about the bike:

-Wet Screams - The northeast is a mess right now after a wet winter, scoping some fresh lines right now and these are necessary, they will be replaced with minions when it dries out
    -e.13 Cranks - 170mm is about right for me with lo pro pedals, these things are brilliant, giant bearings and easy installation/removal I really can't see a bad side
    -Size - The bike is a medium, I am 5'10 and typically ride smalls because i like smaller bikes...this frame is dialed for my height just right
    -Rear Dropout - Read some concerns about rear wheel changing and the chip flying out...Once you get the cables mounted the rear wheel removal and installation is a breeze but the 3mm lock screw is a bit odd, we need at least a 4mm
    -Shock installation - I had to unbolt the linkage to get the fox in there, maybe im an moron, maybe not, but the rebound is a bit tough to adjust
    -Build Quality - It is above almost everything transition has done in the past and I am a vet owner, an already great company stepped it up
    All around beauty - When you see one of these in person you will get it, it's the perfect park/short travel race bike

With my blue baby

xc mode

Spec

Frame: Transition TR250 Flat Black Medium
    Shock: Fox Coil DHX 4
    Bars: Gravity Light
    Stem: Thompson
    Headset: E.13 cup low stack
    Grips: Ruffian
    Fork: Rock Shox Totem Air
    Rotors: 203/185mm Saint
    Brake Lever: Saint
    Brake Caliper: Saint
    Shifter: X.O
    Derailure: X.9
    Cassette: Shimano Road
    Crank: e.13 w/ BB
    Ring: E.13 36t Black
    Guide: E.13 LG1+ Black
    Chain: SRAM PC 99
    Seatpost: Thompson
    Seat Clamp: Transition
    Seat: WTB Silverado
    Pedals: Canfield Brothers Crampon
    Hubs: Hope Pro II Black & Chub (f)
    Rims: Transition Silver
    Spokes: Black Straight Guage
    Nipples: Silver
    Tires: Wet Screams

mtbr member
    Excellent build. The Nogaro B6 isn't too shabby either. What are the mods on that thing?

mtbr member
    19" wheels, exhaust and springs

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Just started to build mine up. I randomly sold my BottleRocket last year which I wish I hadn't of done, as once I sold it I realized that there was nothing out there that I liked. Then Transition came out with this and I had to have one
    Its nearly done just a few little jobs left to do. I will post some better photos up when it is all done and I have been out on it!

Last edited by Razzer; 03-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.

mtbr member
    ^ Hot.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    would you say you have a plethora of Transition bicycles?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-tbcatrcf.jpg  

Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Can I haz one? It doesn't have to be the 250, I would gladly take that BR
    2013 Medium Santa Cruz Blur Trc in Matte/Silver, full XT kit, 1x10 with 32T wolftooth ring, 25 pounds 7 ounces

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Had a quick first spin out on mine today. Its one sweet bike, it defiantly as fun as it looks. It rides like a big bike but its not. So glad I didn’t get a full on DH bike!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzer
    It rides like a big bike but its not. So glad I didn’t get a full on DH bike!!

That is a sick TR! Mine arrives tomorrow, cannot wait! Those two sentences are an awesome review and why I wanted the 250
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

mtbr member
    ^ I concur. One of my fav. TR250 setups. Well done sir.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek
    ^ I concur. One of my fav. TR250 setups. Well done sir.
    Cheers, I had a few months to get all the bits together waiting for the frame to turn up

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik
    That is a sick TR! Mine arrives tomorrow, cannot wait! Those two sentences are an awesome review and why I wanted the 250
    Yeah I was very tempted to get a full on DH bike. For example building up a TR450 would cost almost the same just a little bit more for a set of triple clamp forks. The frames are the same price and all the parts needed are the same that you would need for a DH bike.
    But I just new I would have more fun on the 250 and I reckon on most of my local DH tracks the smaller bike is probably faster that a bigger one
    Last edited by Razzer; 03-28-2011 at 12:16 PM.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Awww Yeah!

Chuky's TR is finally assembled, stole the wheels from my TR450 since an identical set is on the way and we wanted to finish this build. This bike replaces her Corsair König so it has to be playful and as low as possible up front. Internal headset and flipped stem should keep her weight on the front wheel and the short position chainstay should keep the easy-to-manual feel she's looking for.

I ride a Large 450, riding this bike almost feels like a combination of a Double and a Mattress. Sweet!

Frame: Transition TR250 Small
    Shock: Fox Coil DHX 4
    Bars: RaceFace Atlas FR, 730mm
    Stem: RaceFace Turbine, flipped low
    Headset: Cane Creek IS
    Grips: ESI
    Fork: Rock Shox Totem Air
    Rotors: 203/185mm
    Brakes: Avid Elixir CR
    Shifter: XO 9
    Derailure: XO 9
    Cassette: Shimano DuraAce 12-27 9
    Crank: RaceFace Atlas FR
    Ring: eThirteen 33t
    Guide: eThirteen LG1+
    Chain: SRAM PC 99
    Seatpost: RaceFace Turbine
    Seat Clamp: Twenty6
    Seat: WTB Silverado
    Pedals: Twenty6
    Wheels: Mavic DeeMax
    Tires: Schwalbe Muddy Mary 2.35, tubeless with Stans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-tr250.jpg  

Official TR250 Thread!!!-img_0082.jpg  

Last edited by JMH; 04-04-2011 at 07:11 PM.

mtbr member
    So how is everyone setting their 250's up geo/travel wise?

I just updated mine last night to be the following:

-Shortest Chain stay Length
    -Lowest BB/Slack Head w/ 7"

Just wondering what everyone is finding to be the sweet spot for this bike to be, my riding is primarily bike park but with the season not rolling yet I’ll be riding local spots.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have been running mine in 180mm front are rear with the mid head angle, BB and the short chain stay.
    But I have just put it in 160mm rear and 180 front and it feels really good. At 180 front and rear the bike felt like a big bike still (which was good) but for the stuff I ride 80% of the time I think I will keep it in 160 in the rear.
    What springs are people running? I am about 190LBS and I was running the 500lbs spring the bike came with and I had to wind it right up and it felt about right. Then I thought putting it into the 160mm setting i would need a softer spring but the 500lbs spring with out any pre-load felt fine and i was getting full travel. I think ideal I need a 475lbs spring for the 160mm setting and a 525lbs spring for the 180mm setting!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzer
    Had a quick first spin out on mine today. Its one sweet bike, it defiantly as fun as it looks. It rides like a big bike but its not. So glad I didn’t get a full on DH bike!!

renthal bars, excellent choice. great rep and have to be some of the strongest bars out there. i'd feel very safe riding a bar on my mtb bike that was made by one of the, if not the top bar manufacturer in mx

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I've been working my way through various setups, so far I've covered -
    mid BB/HT, short CS, 180/180
    mid BB/TH, mid CS, 180/180
    slack BB/TH, mid CS, 180/180
    slack BB/TH, short CS, 180/180
    high BB/TH, short CS, 180/180

With Vivid-Air, Elka, RC4, and about to try CCDB. Hope for some time in 6" mode soon and might even try an RP23 in 6". Will have impressions of the various settings options once I wrap of the review on this rig.

Just roll it......
    So, Err....are you going to give this a head-to-head with your singlecrown Podium setup? Obviously, they are setup a bit differently with travel and angles, but should be a fun comparison.

EB

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    So, Err....are you going to give this a head-to-head with your singlecrown Podium setup? Obviously, they are setup a bit differently with travel and angles, but should be a fun comparison.

EB
    I have to admit, I was curious how the Podium with a single crown would be compared to the 250. The 250 went down again due to another shock failure so it's build is on the Podium for an apples to apples comparison. If nothing else, it'll certainly add a bit of perspective and be a fun project.

I might also throw a Boxxer on the 250 before I'm done and see how that feels. I've run a couple different 7" bikes in the past with DC forks and it can be a darn good time.

For reference:
    TR250 ->

Podium w/TR250 build ->

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

size

what size are you guys going for? I am about to get one I am 5´11" should I go for a Medium or L I would like it a little small so it will be fun to handle.
    Nice builds

mtbr member
    I'm 5' 7.75" and I ordered small based on Transitions suggestions!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CesarRP
    what size are you guys going for? I am about to get one I am 5´11" should I go for a Medium or L I would like it a little small so it will be fun to handle.
    Nice builds
    you're right in the middle of their recommendation for medium. It's compact bike as is, I'd do what they recommend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CesarRP
    Nice builds

medium for sure IMO, unless you have a super long reach.
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    5'9 here feel this bike is really compact...medium is perfect for me...

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    I'm 5'8" and the Med is spot on, the Large would be doable, the small would definitely be too small for my tastes.

mtbr member
    ^ I am w/ you man...it seems to be slightly undersized than what you would expect...I am sure Transition intended that since it is a play bike.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    If you want a short, snappy wheel base and still have a slack HTA, there are two places you can steal from, the chainstays and the cockpit. Somethin's gotta give...

It's common for an XC/Trail oriented frame in size Medium to have a reach of around 405 mm, the Medium TR250 has a 380 mm reach which is fairly consistent with most DH bikes.

I have found that with a short saddle, I can still x-up with 29.5" bars though, it's tight but works.

mtbr member
    So I called Transition today and I am going to swap out my small frame for a Medium........I gots stubbs for legs and a Power Forwards reach so..........They kindly told me I could put a longer stem but............

Thanks for the continued size discussion or I would have built the small then been like ____!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Here she is!

This rig is awesome! I will try it with a vivid air next week right now I have a vanilla 180mm 2012 and it is a great fork!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-tr2501.jpg  

mtbr member

Anybody know?

Got a little bottle of black smelly liquid with my frame. Touch up paint? Matte black for the frame?

mtbr member
    Took the new TR250 to Snowshoe for opening weekend this past one and IT ROCKS!!! Put a DC Boxxer on it after a day there and it is much more bike than my talent/experience level is right now! Love it though!

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    Are you running the Boxxer at 7"?

mtbr member
    Jasevr4
    If you were asking me, no I am not, I would like to seeing as how the rear is 7" but I was not aware that the 2011 Boxxer RC is convertible to 7", is it that you are aware of?
    Joe

lives to ride
    Feb 2005
    No I don't think the coil sprung Boxxer is able to do it. I've heard of guys doing it with an air spring though.

mtbr member
    Super duper dope folks really nice builds
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    <iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/24433581?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/24433581">Helena Juhasz Rides Fromme</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1077574">Taylor Loughran</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Some TR250 stoke.

mtbr member
    Here are a couple of shots of my TR250 built up:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-tr250wall.jpg  

Official TR250 Thread!!!-tr250lean.jpg  

mtbr member

One more shot to show these gnarl SC Levers!!!!

Straightline Components Avid Elixir Levers for meyez Code 'R'
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-tr250sclevers.jpg  

mtbr member
    wow....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    *snip*
    Podium w/TR250 build ->
    Really digging your podium w/ a single crown.

on a routine expedition
    My girlfriend is looking at the tr250 to replace her 951 as she'd like something a little smaller, lighter, and easier to move around.

Since she's around 5'4" and about 115lbs, we're trying to keep it light and thinking maybe an air shock would help. Any feedback on how well the Vivid Air works on this frame, particularly for a lighter rider? Any other suggestions for air shocks? The rest of her build is already fairly light.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    definitely a sweet build. i would have left out the blue though. The black and orange looks sick by itself. Just my opinion.

North Van/Whistler
    Jan 2004
    Another killer vid

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/27743457?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0"></iframe>
    Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides http://mtbtrails.ca/

on a routine expedition
    From Eurobike:

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I could spend an entire afternoon in the Transition tent at Eurobike. Drool!

Is the lime green bike a BR or Blindside?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Any more info on 2012 colors from Eurobike ? Any changes to the bike?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'd think the TR250 thread should be more than 2 pages! Kind of like the purple; such a great looking frame, colors I wouldn't normally like, look good.

In the Eurobike photo, the TransAM has a different bottom tube... or it that the 29er?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LostBoyScout View Post
    I could spend an entire afternoon in the Transition tent at Eurobike. Drool!

Is the lime green bike a BR or Blindside?
    Looks like a Blindside.
    I really like that orange behind it!
    Transition Bank
    Transition ToP
    Transition Covert

on a routine expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by bitewerks View Post
    I'd think the TR250 thread should be more than 2 pages!
    I agree. Here's a couple photos of one my friend just built up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whistlerdan View Post
    Any more info on 2012 colors from Eurobike ? Any changes to the bike?
    I hear purple green and polished
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Any one find pictures of tbc at eurobike I couldn't find much. Your tbc dealer should have the down low of 2012 bikes from them. I hear also 2 builds for the 250 one SRAM x9 other full saint.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Triple P a mechanic at North Shore Bike Shop just built up a personal TR250. Sweet bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Here is mine, just a regular stock 250 that was one of their demo bikes which I was lucky enough to snag.
    I rode it on the trails and at the bike park. Its so easy to huck and throw around, love it.

I'm almost tempted to put on a longer crank and a larger cassette to make it my AM bike.

Boston Rock at Lynn Woods.

And of course my first ride at Highland with the bike the wrist band matches the color

I have to say the bike gets attention, a lot of guys were asking about it in the lift line and the trails.
    '08 Stumpy
    '10 Enduro
    '11 Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash 79 View Post
    Here is mine, just a regular stock 250 that was one of their demo bikes which I was lucky enough to snag.
    I rode it on the trails and at the bike park. Its so easy to huck and throw around, love it.

I'm almost tempted to put on a longer crank and a larger cassette to make it my AM bike.

hey man did you happen to see my ooold reply...holding my 250 frame up in front of my nogaro b6? pretty crazy you have one as well...

i actually didnt buy the blue because i thought it was to close to the color of my car...great snag.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by manhattanprjkt83 View Post
    hey man did you happen to see my ooold reply...holding my 250 frame up in front of my nogaro b6? pretty crazy you have one as well...

i actually didnt buy the blue because i thought it was to close to the color of my car...great snag.
    I absolutely saw your post on the first page when I was doing my research on this bike.
    I'm not trying to copy you, I swear!

I was actually hoping the blue's would match more, instead they sort of clash with each other. I'll have to manage I guess
    '08 Stumpy
    '10 Enduro
    '11 Transition TR250

mtbr member
    really funny because my first thought was that blue TR looks fantastic, second thought (i'll look like a wack job pulling that out of my trunk)...blue bike, blue car, blue gatorade...

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Hope

Just as an FYI...

If you strip the small m5 3mm silver bolt that
    acts as a backup lock for the rear axle, you can
    get a much stronger stainless steel version from
    BindingFreedom:

http:// bindingfreedom.com /Flathead- M5-
    Screw-5001 .htm

m5 flathead with taper, 3mm allen key, 16mm
    length.

Not that I'd ever strip the original bolt.. .

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
    Just as an FYI...

If you strip the small m5 3mm silver bolt that
    acts as a backup lock for the rear axle, you can
    get a much stronger stainless steel version from
    BindingFreedom:

http:// bindingfreedom.com /Flathead- M5-
    Screw-5001 .htm

m5 flathead with taper, 3mm allen key, 16mm
    length.

Not that I'd ever strip the original bolt.. .
    It's a stripper for sure! I put a similar bolt with 4mm hex instead of 3mm on there. It doesn't need much torque in the first place but the 3mm is just asking for a good rounding. BTW, most clipless pedal cleat bolts are 4mm if you have a spare.

JMH

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

how does it pedal?

I'm looking to replace my turner highline with the super sexy tr250, but I still have some Q'S... like how does it pedal? would it make a good "big mountain" ride? how much it weights? thanks guys, help me out

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Finally after much drooling and oogling the 250 the time has come and Ive managed to pinch together enough pennies that I ordered one! Picked up a '11 frame with a '12 parts kit, got a bit better deal on it and since the only change was the color, its fine by me! Ill be sure to throw up some pictures when it comes in.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Realized I never posted up my beast. I used the parts from my 450 and it turned out great! Didn't get to ride it before the snow but hope to head down to Virgin this winter.

JMH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-img_2998.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Any suggestion on how to set the stock 250 to a more pedal friendly? Head Angle? Chainstay length?
    I want to be able to climb with it not as an XC but at least I can pedal it up slowly.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by zepp3lin View Post
    Any suggestion on how to set the stock 250 to a more pedal friendly? Head Angle? Chainstay length?
    I want to be able to climb with it not as an XC but at least I can pedal it up slowly.
    Don't worry, it pedals up plenty slowly.

They make a climbing conversion kit for the 250 called the Covert, check it out: Transition Bikes

JMH

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    Don't worry, it pedals up plenty slowly.

They make a climbing conversion kit for the 250 called the Covert, check it out:

JMH
    Damn you are pretty close but not close enough. Try this on a 250 www . ego-kits. com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I think to have any hope of pedaling it up techy hills you would first need to throw on a 11-32T rear cassette.
    Second mod would be a crank with longer arms, say 175mm and look out for hitting your pedals on baby heads!
    '08 Stumpy
    '10 Enduro
    '11 Transition TR250

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash 79 View Post
    I think to have any hope of pedaling it up techy hills you would first need to throw on a 11-32T rear cassette.
    Second mod would be a crank with longer arms, say 175mm and look out for hitting your pedals on baby heads!
    ....I dont have a 250, {} but I pedal my 40lbs bike up 'techy hills'', I set it up with a 11-36 and a 32 ft ring...it takes me places

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lokomonkey View Post
    ....I dont have a 250, {} but I pedal my 40lbs bike up 'techy hills'', I set it up with a 11-36 and a 32 ft ring...it takes me places
    Great idea!, Never thought of changing the cassette. I'll try the 11-36 option.

mtbr member
    you really dont want to pedal a 250 up hills...everything about that equation is wrong

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Owner of North Shore Bike Shop's new TR250.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    My 2012 Purple color TR250 frame coming in this weekend. Woohoo!!

mtbr member
    My 2012 Purple color TR250 frame coming in this weekend. Woohoo!!
    Congrats!!! It's definitely the sickest color for the TR250 IMO.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Still got some parts to decide and to buy some too. Some are used and some newer one. Maybe in a month or 2 I will post the pics once it's ready. But definitely the frame will have its burly partner the Totem Coil 2012.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My TR250 Baffled as to why mine weighs 37lbs. on the nose???? But feels good, hope to see how it does on Sunday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-dsc00630.jpg  

Official TR250 Thread!!!-dsc00631.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice Looking Bike, Congrats, and 37lbs is consider light.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks! I dude I know is claiming his large TR250 comes in the mid 35's????? I have an air fork and lighter cranks and I know my wheels are lighter.....
    My 2012 Demo 1 that this replaced w/ most parts weighed the same. LOL!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    anyone notice their non driveside crankarm is awfully close to the chain stay?
    like the end of the crankarm......deff closer than end of arm on the driveside...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0