Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Official TR250 Thread!!!

I figured it's time to start showing them off! I know they're starting to show up. We just got this at Urban Downfall today!!! I'll get complete shots of the bike once it's done, but our shop guy Nate is building it. Fox 180 van Rc2, blue kings to stans ztr, descendent cranks, e13, sram drivetrain. Tons of other diety...it's gonna be such a sick build!

mtbr member
    Good call on this thread...been watching this forum waiting to see some shots of other builds...

I will have mine in a couple days black medium w/ Totem, XO, e.13 Cranks, full thompson, saint brakes...I have never been this excited about building a bike, can't wait.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Dude...I just finished my 2011 tr450 with nearly as spec as you can make a bike(mines the one down to 34.5) and i'm just so envious. The 250 is just stunning. Your build sounds like an astounding amount of fun. I got a pair of the e.13 cranks yesterday and wow the finish is stunning on them. I was shocked how nice they are. try to get some really detailed pics of your bike

mtbr member
    Black large arriving Tuesday. I'm so excited/nervous that I can hardly function.
    Binary Transition Bikes Demon Dirt

mtbr member
    coming along nicely!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Official TR250 Thread!!!-woops-555.jpg  

mtbr member
    AH HA HA HA! Love it.

mtbr member
    ya man me to...planning on a bunch of xc races this summer and since i only have 1 bike i needed to steepen the head angle for the climbs...

mtbr member
    Funny!

mtbr member
    what?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I used to really want that fork for my GT Zaskar... my how times have changed.

At least upgrade to a Judy DH!

--Sam

Just roll it......
    What is that the QR 21?

I hope you've still got a supply of judy butter!!

mtbr member
    Personally, I think the yellow clashes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    How come the brake arch isn't snapped?

mtbr member
    wow some serious love for the Quadra 21 here...

For real, nobody has them built up yet? I'll have some proper photos of my build up this weekend, waiting for a rear brake right now otherwise it's all ready to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Here's a small updated pic...these aren't the final wheels that will be on the bike and it's missing the chain. It's at 34 dead on with the setup right now. Will be in the low 36s

mtbr member
    ^ Looks great!

Rocket Scientist
    Darn you, you are gonna twist my arm right into buying one of those TR250's.
    Super sick!

mtbr member
    So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?

mtbr member
    the only thing that I dont like so far...love the adjustability but it makes for a bit of a sketchy wheel removal...esp on a muddy dh course to change a flat...In the rack it wasnt all that bad though...

3mm axle bolt is a bit crazy to...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ruppguts
    So I got my frame and was building it up last night. I'm as excited about it as the next guy, but I almost blew my top when I was mounting the rear wheel. With the two chips falling out it must've taken me five minutes to get the axle lined up and threaded. This was with the bike in a stand. Am I missing something or is it really that retarded?
    The one tip I have is to take the non-driveside insert out with the axle.That should make it a lot easier. Once you have the bike built up with der cable housing and the like, the driveside should be a lot less likely to fall out as well.

mtbr member
    Got my build done and got in about a half hour on the local freeride trail. More detail to follow, but in short? LOVED it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    We got a new Tr250 frame at Urban Downfall for nick moore. basically we tricked him...we sold his bottlerocket that he'd been trying to sell for a while without him knowing, got in parts for him and put together a story to really make his day bad...here's him after seeing the frame. i'll post a vid later

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Little vid on a prank my shop, Urban Downfall Cycles, pulled on Demon Dirt's Nick Moore
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/185776/

mtbr member
    I have been waiting for this frame for a while, and it is basically stunning in person. I have been riding almost exclusively transition bikes since 05' when I bought one of the first bottlerockets and this is an ace...

I wanted to build a bike that wasn't super blingy and touchy, just solid and something I could travel with. I have no idea on weight but my finely calibrated hand puts it at about 36-37 lbs, perfectly reasonable for my usage: primarily freeride, few races, and traveling this summer.

Few notes about the bike:

-Wet Screams - The northeast is a mess right now after a wet winter, scoping some fresh lines right now and these are necessary, they will be replaced with minions when it dries out
    -e.13 Cranks - 170mm is about right for me with lo pro pedals, these things are brilliant, giant bearings and easy installation/removal I really can't see a bad side
    -Size - The bike is a medium, I am 5'10 and typically ride smalls because i like smaller bikes...this frame is dialed for my height just right
    -Rear Dropout - Read some concerns about rear wheel changing and the chip flying out...Once you get the cables mounted the rear wheel removal and installation is a breeze but the 3mm lock screw is a bit odd, we need at least a 4mm
    -Shock installation - I had to unbolt the linkage to get the fox in there, maybe im an moron, maybe not, but the rebound is a bit tough to adjust
    -Build Quality - It is above almost everything transition has done in the past and I am a vet owner, an already great company stepped it up
    All around beauty - When you see one of these in person you will get it, it's the perfect park/short travel race bike

With my blue baby

xc mode

Spec

Frame: Transition TR250 Flat Black Medium
    Shock: Fox Coil DHX 4
    Bars: Gravity Light
    Stem: Thompson
    Headset: E.13 cup low stack
    Grips: Ruffian
    Fork: Rock Shox Totem Air
    Rotors: 203/185mm Saint
    Brake Lever: Saint
    Brake Caliper: Saint
    Shifter: X.O
    Derailure: X.9
    Cassette: Shimano Road
    Crank: e.13 w/ BB
    Ring: E.13 36t Black
    Guide: E.13 LG1+ Black
    Chain: SRAM PC 99
    Seatpost: Thompson
    Seat Clamp: Transition
    Seat: WTB Silverado
    Pedals: Canfield Brothers Crampon
    Hubs: Hope Pro II Black & Chub (f)
    Rims: Transition Silver
    Spokes: Black Straight Guage
    Nipples: Silver
    Tires: Wet Screams

mtbr member
    Excellent build. The Nogaro B6 isn't too shabby either. What are the mods on that thing?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast