mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New Covert question

So I just purchased a new covert and it should be here next week. I currently have a almost new X Fusion Vengeance fork but it has a 1 1/8 steerer tube. What suggestions do you guys have for a headset for it? I don't want to break the bank on a headse and I am not going to buy a new fork. Thanks for your help in advance.

mtbr member
    Nice combo.

Cane Creek has a bunch of headset options that should work for you. You'll be able to choose one to fit you budget. And you'll have to decide on either an internal cup or external cup when running a straight 1.125" fork on that frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Do you think integrated is better?

mtbr member
    Personal preference.

With an internal cup you'll have a slightly lower front end and you'll have to run a 1.125" bearing and crown race. With an external cup, the front end will be higher, but you'll have the option to switch to a tapered steerer (if the need arises) in the future by simply changing out the crown race.

mtbr member
    If you have the Vengeance HLR, you're going to love it. One thing to consider though is that Xfusion makes taller forks than SRAM or Fox. I believe the old 160mm models have an A2C of 560mm, and the new 170mm forks are 565 ( the same as a fox 180 or a totem).

dude
    If you're running a vengeance, I'd run the internal headset to offset the extra axle to crown length. I ran a talas 180 on mine for a while and it was just too tall. As Haus Boss says, same a2c length as your vengeance.