mtbr member
    Sep 2007

New Bandit 29er with 130mm fork or Covert 29er ?

I'm back and forth on these 2 bikes as to which one to get.Can anyone chime in as to which one would be more "playful" in terms of manuals off drops,bunny hopping obsticles and getting the front end up for step-ups on trails?I most likely don't need the travel of the Covert but I like the geo.(short wb & tt)
    I actually found a dealer within an hours drive but all they plan on bringing in are 27.5's.
    You guys at Transition seem pretty accessable,what does it take to get a demo shipped to one of your dealers?Thanks

Cannonball!
    I love my Bandit with 120 fork and angle headset; slack, low, light, and fun! I had a chance to ride the Covert 29 prior to picking up my bike and for general trail duty the Bandit 29 is better for me. The Covert is truly an all-mountain machine it will plow through anything in it's path, but it is not quite as playful, and not as good on the ups as the Bandit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    So is the "angle headset" an aftermarket part that installs in the headtube? Sorry for the dumb question but a lot of set-up stuff is still new to me(especially suspension)

Cannonball!
    Yep, you got it!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d View Post
    I love my Bandit with 120 fork and angle headset; slack, low, light, and fun! I had a chance to ride the Covert 29 prior to picking up my bike and for general trail duty the Bandit 29 is better for me. The Covert is truly an all-mountain machine it will plow through anything in it's path, but it is not quite as playful, and not as good on the ups as the Bandit.
    Did that Covert have a 140 or 150mm fork? I ran mine with a 150mm fork, and it was super easy to manual..probably one of the easiest manualing bikes I've ever had. It was also very playful, and really easy to get the front end up, manualing off drops it did all that intuitively. Really, you cant go wrong with either bike, but if you are looking for something you can hit drops, spend a couple days in a bike park, and hit some big jumps get the Covert.