mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New 29 Covert or 2012 B29

I am about to go for a new 29 Covert & have been told that a few of the 2012 Bandits are still available. The geo on the 2012 would be perfect for me the same with the 29 Covert, now my problem is my size I am 5'5" and am looking at the small Covert the B29 is the medium I am not sure that would be a good fit for me, any advice would be appreciated.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I had pretty much the same dilemma. I'm 5 ft 6 and went for the medium 2012 bandit because it was cheaper and it has a spot for a water bottle. It fits me really well. The stand over is slightly larger than I'm used to but definitely not a problem. The reach is perfect. The top tube is short for a medium. I'm probably one of the shortest guys on a medium bandit 29 and I'm using a 70mm stem. I've always ridden small sized frames but this is this best fitting frame I have been on. I used to be on a small covert and it felt too small. I love transition bikes and will be buying mediums from them in the future. Hope that helped.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks KCHT, That helps a bunch, I am concerned about the s.o. but reading what you have said & what dropnzone has I am leaning towards the B29 right now. I was wondering if you know what the weight of yours is? The Covert is a little burlier than what I really need & am hoping the B29 would be a tad lighter.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Mine is right around 29 pounds with a revelation. Feels super light to me. I think with the right wheels and tires I could get it to 28 pounds.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well just placed the order for the Bandit did go with a R Shox rev have one on my exogrid ftm & like it just fine