Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lost my Bandit today!

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  DudeDowne 
#1 ·
Yes it's true...I am old and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Had to take a mid ride piss and it took me an 30 minutes of frantic searching to find where I had left my beloved Bandit trailside.

Perhaps it's the all the subliminal Transition marketing telling me to get a Smuggler, but I love this bike! Guess the custom pimp Krytek Nomad camo really does work.

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Bicycle frame

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, I have to confess, I saw it parked on the side of the trail and just had to take it for a spin. Got it back after a half hour joyride.
Actually, I just finished building up a Bandit 29 and have yet to get it out on a trail. Trails are rivers of ice right now.

#5 ·
Hehhe....I doubt it was my Bandit since there is no ice and snow on the trails here in Florida. Post up some pics and your thoughts after a few rides. Coming from an Ibis MOJO SL it took me 2 rides to become adjusted to the big wheels but I have found the Bandit just as playful/poppy but just faster on everything I ride. Admittedly, the Pike fork and wide carbon wheels do add to the plushness. It would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Lastly...Kryptek makes a pattern called "Yeti" that would look awesome on a Bandit!

#8 ·
OK Dude, I'll give out a shout when the ice melts. Looks like not for a while. Maybe I can sneak away with it somewhere south of here. By the way, I like that Pontus color scheme. But for now I got to stay low and slow. Spent enough putting it together.

#11 ·
Thanks. $300. The frame was lightly sanded, base color applied, frame masked and dipped on one side, reverse mask and dipped on other side, 4 coats of matte clear coat. For the Bandit, there are 3 main parts plus the rocker. I did the rocker in a gold carbon fiber film for an inside joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.