mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Looking for a Covert M/L or Bandit 29 L? We can help!

As you might have seen in other threads, we have been selling some of our bikes way beyond our forecasted expectations. I know some of you have contacted us looking for these bikes, only to find out we have sold out from our inventory here. So...

If you are looking for a Covert frame in medium or large or a Bandit 29 frame in size large, this might be helpful for you. This is really only for the North American customers. You can find contact info for these shops in the dealers tab of our website. These are dealers that have these bikes on order/in transit and possibly not sold. Give them a shout if you are looking for one of these bikes. Let them know that we referred you to them, since not all employees of these shops would know what is on order with us.

Covert Frames

Large Blue: Chile Pepper Bike Shop (Utah), North Shore Bike Shop (BC, Canada)

Medium Black: Chile Pepper Bike Shop (Utah), Grassroots Cycles (Colorado), Chuck's Bikes (Vermont), Pedal the Peaks (Colorado)

Medium Blue: Dirty Fingers Bicycle Repair (Oregon), Grassroots Cycles (Colorado)

Medium White: Dirty Fingers Bicycle Repair (Oregon), Grassroots Cycles, Drop Zone Cycling (Texas)

Bandit 29 Frames

Large Black: H&S Bicycles (California), The Kickstand (New Mexico), Drop Zone Cycling (Texas), Pedal Pushers (Colorado)

Large Green: Higher Ground Sports (BC, Canada), Pedal the Peaks (Colorado), Fat Tire Farm (Oregon), Pedal Pushers (Colorado), Trinity Bikes (Oregon), Community Bike and Boards (Pennsylvania)

Large Pewter: Dunbar Cycles (BC, Canada), Taboo Cycles (BC, Canada), Fat Tire Farm (Oregon), Owenhouse (Montana), Road 34 (Colorado)

Just to be clear, these are all frames on orders for these shops. However, I have no way of knowing if they have buyers for these frames already or not. Additionally many of these orders could be waiting for the forks, which are still on backorder from Fox. Hit us up if you have any questions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Transition Bikes; 05-09-2012 at 02:48 PM.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Now that is customer service! You guys rule.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Covert and Bandit 29 sold out?

Was going to finally go to a local bike shop today and take a demo covert or bandit 29 out for a ride to see how i liked it only to find out that both bikes are sold out, and that i couldn't even place an order for one. This may be a stupid question but, does that mean that no more are going to be produced this year? And my only option to get one is to contact an out of state bike shop listed above, hope they havent sold it yet, have it shipped to my local bike shop and hope that the size is right without test riding it first? Is transition already done producing and selling these bikes until the next model comes out? If so, when will that be? If not, when will the next production run start/finish?
    Thanks for any info anyone has.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. I ordered a Large Covert today. It's a 2011, but if you just can't wait get your shop to call in you may be surprised.

mtbr member
    Transition,

When will the next batch of bandit29 frame only orders be available ?

thanks in advance !

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trailbrah View Post
    Transition,

When will the next batch of bandit29 frame only orders be available ?

thanks in advance !
    We received the last delivery of 2012 frames a couple weeks, but all the L and XL frames from that delivery were pre-sold to dealers/distributors. We won't have another delivery of frames until the 2013 model in the fall. Sorry!

That is sort of why I put this post up here...

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    When will the 2013 models be out and what changes are there going to be for the B29?

Eating Hot Pockets
    Hopefully they don't change a thing. But maybe do a batch in TransAm blue or Tic Tac Orange. Both with white panels

mtbr member
    For those interested, my large Bandit 29er is in the classifieds
    I'm [SIZE="4"]GNARcissistic[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Grassroots Cycles in CO has a Large Bandit 29 in Green hanging on the wall... Just so you know.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttypoolog View Post
    Grassroots Cycles in CO has a Large Bandit 29 in Green hanging on the wall... Just so you know.
    Pretty sure the green one is being built for the demo fleet. The black large B29 on the floor is for sale. There is also a black Med covert frame w/2013 CTD shock, and another covert in blue, not sure of the size... if that helps your quest.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    There was a change in plans. The black one is built and for sale, the green one is frame only (or could be built) and now also for sale. The black and white coverts both sold. Not sure if the blue one did yet. Someone was looking at it.

P.S., I work there, that's how I know these things. Karatemonkey, were you the one who called us? Someone called looking for a green and Matt forgot he had one on the wall.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    I did talk to Matt about the bikes and last thing he told be was what I posted earlier. Thanks for the update!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by karatemonkey View Post
    I did talk to Matt about the bikes and last thing he told be was what I posted earlier. Thanks for the update!
    Exactly... that *was* the plan, but since the black one is already built if someone really wanted to demo a Large B29 we'd just let them take that out. If you're still interested (or anyone else) let us know. As of now it's looking for a home.