mtbr member

looking to buy a covert need sizing help

This is a tough one , I should ride a large, but I like my bikes small. I'm 6'2" 195lbs so that puts me in the large bike sizing, but I just don't feel comfortable on a large. I have a medium tr450, and a long double (1st gen).

I recently broke my intense slopestyle (medium) and need a trail bike to replace it. I definitely want a covert 26 to replace it but I'm torn on sizing. I did feel the cockpit on the slopestyle was just a little small for me (hard keeping the front end down when climbing).

I was all set to order a large covert, when my buddy lent me a large 2008 spec enduro. I hate it.... Now I'm worried the transition sizing will be too close to the spec numbers. the reach on a large enduro is 17.25" by my measurements, vs 17.1" on the covert. my ss was 15.5", I see the medium covert is 16.1"

I would appreciate any thoughts or riding experiences on the sizing.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Roller. I am in the same position as you. I am looking to purchase a new bike very soon here. I have owned a 2011 Spec. Enduro ( Med ) and A Bighit also med. I am looking at the new Covert but I to am torn between a Med & a Lrg. I'm 5'10 and the Enduro I had fit me pretty much spot on. I did put a shorter stem on it which brought it back a little to me but not too cramped. It seems to me that the Covert runs a little smaller than the Enduro. My thinking for me is running a large with a shorter stem. By doing that it pretty much keeps the reach the same as the medium but with a little longer wheelbase.

you being 6'2 I would definitely go large. Good luck! from what I have heard and read the Covert is a bad ass bike.....

mtbr member
    the enduro that I'm riding has a 50mm stem on it and the the seat is pretty much slid all the way forward, I'm also running the shock in the slack setting at 30% sag (dhx air). the bike still feels huge! I'll give it a few more rides before coming to a definitive conclusion. Maybe I can learn to deal with it....
    for what it's worth I used to have a large bottlerocket and I ended up trading frames for a medium, it felt much better to me.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm 5'10 and ride a medium with 50mm stem. Fits great but if I where a little bit longer I would go with large.

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    I'm on a Lg Covert, and at my 6 feet even, I can't fathom riding a Med. As it is, I've got a 50mm stem and the saddle slammed all the way back.
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

mtbr member
    I took another ride on the enduro today and it still doesn't feel right. That's the last straw, I ordered a medium covert. It's just a tad bigger than my slopestyle so I'm hoping it will work out for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Team _________

mtbr member
    I'm 6' on the dot, and was recommended a Medium Covert. It felt way too small and wish I had went with a Large.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm 5'11" with a 34.5" inseam and longish arms. Transition recommended me a large. I put a 50mm stem on and scooted my seat forward a bit. Sometimes climbing i still feel stretched. When i get some cash I'm gonna get a carbon bar and a 35mm stem. I think it will be perfect..?? Wish i could have tried a medium though..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Roller. I just rode a large at my lbs. like I said I'm 5'10 and that large wasn't that
    That big for me. You might want to reconsider your purchase for the medium.
    The owner of the bike I rode is taller than me and it fits him good.
    I really believe with your height that medium is going to be
    Too small. Just saying.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you liked the medium Bottlerocket, get the medium Covert. They run pretty long IMO. Im 5'11 and think the medium is huge...but I race BMX also
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    A little update. I got the medium and it feels about perfect size. I have a 160mm 36 on it and a 50mm stem with 15mm of spacers under it. I also ditched the crappy ctd shock in favor of a monarch plus rc3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk now Free
    Team _________