Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Introducing the Bandit

118K views 432 replies 123 participants last post by  targnik 
#1 ·
#64 ·
I had the opportunity to demo the new Transition Bandit at Duthie Hill on Saturday - awesome trail bike ! This bike does exactly what it was designed to do - it floats effortlessly on singletrack - floating over rocks, roots and small drops, very agile and rips on flowy bermed trails. I've met the guys at Transition a couple of times, - great guys that know how to build bikes that stand behind their products ! This bike is an excellent, every day trail bike and looks like it's at a reasonable price to - compares favorably to bikes costing significantly more.

#68 ·
Just got word from Black Rock Bikes in Reno that my Bandito is on it's way. Should have it under my taint by Wednesday! Which is good cause i have a meeting in South Lake Tahoe and was planning on hitting Spooner/Kingsbury...

YEEEEEHHHHAAAWWWWWW!!!

#74 ·
Cool. I've got mine coming in the next few days and have literally no idea what the weight will be.

It's an XL frame, X7 drivetrain (but with X0 shifters and X9 rear mech), Rock Shox Rev World Cup forks, Hope ProII Evo on Stans Flow wheels, Elixir CR brakes, Thomson finishing kit, Race Face Six C bars, SDG Bel Air RL Ti saddle, 2.35" Minion DHF/Larsen tyres...

I'm going to guess at 28-29lbs.

#76 ·
Yeah, I hear the 240s are great but the Hope Hoops ProII/Stans deals are just such great value I couldn't really overlook them.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the build I've got. Really light fork, light but solid finishing kit, hopefully great brakes (I've never used Avid before, but hoping the CRs will be better than my Formula K18s) and solid wheels.

As you say - can't wait!

#77 ·
ITT - the production frames do have adjustable seatpost guides along the top tube, although we have had great luck routing them along the down tube next to the rear shifter and brake cables and then up the seat tube from there. Just use a zip tie to capture all three cables at each stop.

The production medium bikes weighed in at (I think) 25.4lbs for the Bandit 1 kit and 29.5lbs for the Bandit 2 kit. 26 for the XL sounds just about right for the Bandit 1.

#83 ·
Yeah, it'll be my first full sus too. Spent a bit of time on a Blur LT, which I found a bit sluggish on most of my local trails (although it was predictably great on the descents), so looking forward to something that rewards XC a bit more while still being good on the way back down.

One other thing I was meaning to ask you - what seatpost clamp does the frame come with? I guess it's TBC's in-house one? Any good?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.