Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Introducing the Bandit

118K views 432 replies 123 participants last post by  targnik 
#1 ·
#31 ·
Looks great! I can see me riding one of these, just don't know where the money will come from.

I'd love to see a 29er version too, but for those talking about it remember it's not as simple as just designing the frame. Transition spec an in-house wheelset on their bikes - a 29er build means either spec'ing a third party product, or having a 29er rim made. Either of these may be cost prohibitive and may not enable them to provide a complete build at the price point that they would like to see.

I would like to hear about the proto though, Vorar. :)

#32 ·
Looks like a great trail bike. At least for me. Its nice to see someone making something in this range of travel. 100mm isn't quite enough and 140mm is just a bit too much. At 130mm they kind of leave it open to you to what kind of bike you want to build up based on your fork choice. Personally I'd see a 100-140mm Talas killing on this bike. If I hadn't just bought a new FS bike this Fall I'd be giving this one a serious look.

#35 ·
spcarter said:
V1 covert anyone?
Not exactly. Way steeper seat tube, almost a pound less metal in the frame, and designed to use it's rear travel differently it seems. I would like to compare one side by side (or is that ride by ride?) with my V1 though.

I think it's a good looking bike. If I had the requisite 7 large I would order up one of these and one of the new Blindsides and be pretty much set for anything.

in the trees said:
Can't wait to see the available colors! The black is so nice though . . . And I like the older, simple "Transition" frame decals versus the newer "graphics kits" that are applied under the clearcoat like on the newer Coverts, TR450s, etc.
I can't agree with this enough.

#38 · (Edited)
MqtRider said:
why not produce an AM 29er? I love you guys, but I think you're missing the boat, or a big chunk of the market place, the 29" crowd, which is growing faster than any other single segment of bike lines.
All the market considerations aside.

There is no replacement for suspension travel and slack headangle. I was shopping for a while for a FS 29r for endurance racing, tried many, and I found that travel more then 100mm does not fit me well (5'8"), and that I prefer the kind of stability from the slack HT and longer travel up front and back. And lighter weight. And 2'4" tires that are still very light. 650b would have been a better compromise for me, but lightweight high volume tires are not very much available.

I bet Transition will come out with 29r - I just would not care for one. :)

#49 ·
I love Transition. Was about to pull the trigger on the TransAm. I love the bike and if i had the money i would buy every bike they offer. I love the company and what they are all about. They have awsome customer service. That being said i dont have a lot of money but that won't stop me from buying ONE expensive bike. I too want a 29'er bike from Transition simply because of the type riding i do. I could go buy from other companies and get a nice 9er but i want a Transition bike. I love those guys and love their bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.