Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp View Post
    Yo Yo Yo -

Anyone have a used Bandit 26" frame only for sale?
    Transition Bandit - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Thanks eurospek.....looking for used large frame.

Thanks again

mtbr member
    I've got a Large if you've got a Med...

mtbr member
    I could use some help on sizing. According to the sizing chart, me being 5-7 puts me just outside of the small size, but I can't imagine having an 18" bike (the medium). Anybody that's 5-7 have any input?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm 5-07 and I ride a medium. It's perfect for me with a 50mm stem. I have plenty of room to run a 5" dropper post too.
    Last edited by marti163; 10-17-2012 at 02:49 PM.

mtbr member
    I am 5ft 7" and also ride a medium. It fits perfect.

mtbr member
    Thanks. Especially for the info about there being room for a dropper post. After having my Reverb all summer I won't go without.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My baby, updated with dropper post, -1.5 headset, XT Trail pedals and Specialized Purgatory/Butcher tires. 28.8lbs as shown

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    What steering tube length is recommended for a 140mm fork?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by davet View Post
    My baby, updated with dropper post, -1.5 headset, XT Trail pedals and Specialized Purgatory/Butcher tires. 28.8lbs as shown

Sweet! I also run an angle set. How do you like it now?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by haakan View Post
    Sweet! I also run an angle set. How do you like it now?
    I really like it for the terrain around here. I didn't notice any ill effects when climbing and it feels a bit more stable when it gets faster and steeper

mtbr member
    davet, is that front derailleur way high?

pic thread:
    Time wounds all heels...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostRing View Post
    davet, is that front derailleur way high?
    I thought so too, but any lower and the chainstay will hit it at full compression. It appears worse as I'm running a 32tooth front ring and bashguard whereas most seem to be running 2x10 with a larger front ring.
    Last edited by davet; 11-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Innota View Post
    What steering tube length is recommended for a 140mm fork?
    Mine is 230mm. XL frame, i'm 6'4"

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I really like it for the terrain around here. I didn't notice any ill effects when climbing and it feels a bit more stable when it gets faster and steeper
    That's my impression too. Have a few Bandits around here and more people are thinking about mounting an angle set.
    Last edited by haakan; 11-11-2012 at 01:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Im also thinking about trying an angle set.
    Not that I'm feeling limited due to the 68HA, but it would be fun to try out the hype.
    Or eccentric bushings beacuse they are cheaper really, but have anyone tried it?
    Last edited by Gridlocked; 11-11-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I've got thoughts about offset bushings, I don't know if they are valid thoughts, possibly someone that knows suspension theory can chime in. Here goes, suspension designers spend a lot of time designing suspension curves. Offset bushing mess with that. They mimic the bike being deeper into the travel than it actually is, so if a particular suspension design's pedal platform is design to be at a certain point in the travel, now it's at a different place.

I guess my point is, the Bandit is such an awesome pedaling bike, I don't think you'd want to do anything to mess with it.

Besides that, the offset bushing lower the bottom bracket height too, and I don't think I'd want it any lower.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridlocked View Post
    Not that I'm feeling limited due to the 68HA, but it would be fun to try out the hype.
    Or eccentric bushings beacuse they are cheaper really, but have anyone tried it?
    Go for a Works Components. Not as cheap as offset bushings but not as steep as Cane Creek. And as Davet said, you don't want the bb to be lower if you ride technical terrain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by haakan View Post
    Go for a Works Components. Not as cheap as offset bushings but not as steep as Cane Creek. And as Davet said, you don't want the bb to be lower if you ride technical terrain.
    I use the Works Components as well. I've got too many friends that complain about the CC Angleset knocking and creaking. It may be due to improper installation/maintenance but this is a bike not a space shuttle, things shouldn't be that finicky. The Works unit is simple and it works, no issues, no clunking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridlocked View Post
    I've done it and like it pretty well. I'm running a fox 36 up front and combined with the offset bushing I've certainly slackened the HA and lowered the BB from stock. I've wondered about the points made by Davet, but admit I'm not smart enough to know whether these concerns are valid. I've also never ridden the bike w/o the offset bushings to allow a comparison. I can say that I'm pretty damned happy with how the bike rides and how the suspension works, so it's not as if the offset renders the bike useless. I have found that I am running a bit more air pressure in the rear shock than some (about 5-10 PSI more than I weigh whereas some have said they are running fewer PSI than their weight), so wonder if that is somehow related to the change in effective shock length. It could also be that I like my suspension set up pretty stiff.

An angleset will also lower your BB height, but it's not clear to me whether it would be the same amount of BB drop as the offset bushing. My BB is pretty damned low, but I can still get away with running 175 cranks. I'm used to low bikes (blur 4x at 12.6 and spitfire at 13.2 were my last 2 bikes) and have made the adjustments long ago, so I don't really notice it very much. I could see it bugging some people.

Basically, I really like slack and low bikes and have for years. A slightly slacker Bandit is loads of fun and I highly recommend it if low and slack is your thing. Good part about the offset bushing at least is that if you don't like it, you're only out like 20 bucks.

Edit: There is a pic of my bike right at the top of page 12 of this thread post #276...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    My Bandit makes Bike of the Day at Vital MTB last week!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I use the Works Components as well. I've got too many friends that complain about the CC Angleset knocking and creaking. It may be due to improper installation/maintenance but this is a bike not a space shuttle, things shouldn't be that finicky. The Works unit is simple and it works, no issues, no clunking.
    Hey Davet,

Do you have the part numbers for the Works components angle cups? Very interested to try these out, probably -1.5 degree.

Do you still use a tapered fork?

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I have my transition bandit 26 (XL) now about 8months. I really like the bike, the geometry feels great (but maybe I'll try an anlgeset), the size is spot-on, it's light, it looks awesome... but I really hate the delivered fox float rp23....

o boy, I can't get it right: it is bouncing & bottoming or it is harsh. I installed an old float with broken rebound and it really performs way better than the stock shock. Now I'm considering of buying a new one, but I would like to find out the problem first.

What can be the problem? The wrong tune for my weight (1m95 so 220lbs)? Typical for the boostvalve shocks? Same probs with a kashima shock? Any tips for upgrade shocks?

And how do I know the right tune? Now I've installed:
    velocity tune: F
    boostvalve: 250
    rebound: M
    Last edited by Fredje; 01-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    and an extra question: can I use a down swing front derailleur on the frame?

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast