mtbr member
    Aug 2007

How do i get the most travel out of my covert?

Just bought a 2013 covert 2. Rode it a few times but it just doesnt feel like im using the 6.5 inches of rear wheel travel it has w the fox shock. Air pressure is set good for my body weight. Am i missing something? Anything else i can do? Any advice covert owners?? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Is the little rubber o-ring indicator hitting the bottom or full travel? thats a pretty easy way to tell if you are using all of your travel. Whether it is functioning well for your riding style, weight, terrain, demands etc are another area
    Want a one of a kind bike? Message me for a one of a kind paint job.

The internet is a tough place to ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    How much sag are you running on the rear shock. Which position do you run the CTD lever in?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Running sag at about 25 - 30 %. Tried the CTD lever in both trail and decend and it still just felt stiff. ???

mtbr member
    The question is, how much travel "are" you getting? Like Ronny said, how far down the body is your o-ring moving? How many hours do you have on the bike? It might still be in the break-in period. I also wouldn't worry so much about getting full travel, rather how well does the bike ride? I would set the sag at 30-33% and ride.
    Maintain internal heights.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The O ring is getting very close to the bottom, maybe a cm away or so. Only have about 5 hours on the bike so far, but I didnt know that shock needed a break in period (how many hours of break in? will it produce more travel as it breaks in?)
    the bike rides sweet, just thought it would feel a little more plush! Thnx for the advice!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Just about all air suspension has some stiction when it is new. Give it some time and it will feel better and you can readjust your settings
    The Dropnzone
    Bellingham,Wa
    www.dropnzone.com
    1-888-95 Pin it

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Let some air out until you are using all your travel, just so you know what that end of the spectrum feels like, then add air back in (if needed) until you get to a ride that you like.
    Bend, OR

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'm in Tahoe too and also on a new-to-me 2011 covert which also feels a bit stiff. I saw a post on here from one of the Transition guys saying that it could be the rebound being set too slow. The suspension will "pack down" over a quick sucession of hits and lose some travel. I have yet to try this because I busied the **** out of my ribs at Squaw yesterday!