mtbr member

help with 180mm rotors on Blindside..

So I just ordered all my parts for my new build, going to be using a Blindside, and my concern right now is will the 180mm rotors that I wanted fit the bike as is or will I need brake adaptors. I will be running a Fox talas 36 180/140 front shock. I just need to know if and what else I need to get the 180mm rotors to work for both front and rear.

I need to know asap, as this build has to be done by the 12 for my Highland trip.. Thanks

So again
    Blindside frame
    Fox 36 Talas 180/140
    Transition - Revolution 32 150 Wheelset (Version 4)

If you guys need to know any other parts in the build, please lmk.

mtbr member
    Isn't the Fox 36 180 forks only able to run a 8" rotor? I don't think you can downsize from that as the post mount is already set up for 203 rotors with no adapters.

mtbr member
    I think eurospek is right, 203mm rotors only on Fox 36 180mm travel. No fork adapter needed.

mtbr member
    And for the rear to run a 180mm rotor you need the appropriate adapter because the frame is : Disc Brake Mount: International Standard 6.

Which brakes are you running, then we'll find the adapter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees View Post
    I think eurospek is right, 203mm rotors only on Fox 36 180mm travel. No fork adapter needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    And for the rear to run a 180mm rotor you need the appropriate adapter because the frame is : Disc Brake Mount: International Standard 6.

Which brakes are you running, then we'll find the adapter.
    Here is the parts list of my drivetrain

Shimano Zee M640 Brake set
    Shimano M640 Zee Rear Derailleur
    Shimano ZEE M640 Rear 10 Speed Shifter
    Shimano ZEE M640 Crankset
    Shimano 105 5700 10 Speed Cassette

Thanks for all the help so far guys, I really, really appreciate it.

mtbr member
    Rear adapter is Shimano SM-MA-R180P/S:180mm Rotor, Rear 51mm Tabs, 74m Caliper

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Rear adapter is Shimano SM-MA-R180P/S:180mm Rotor, Rear 51mm Tabs, 74m Caliper
    Thank you soo much for your help

Just to be clear this is the correct one, right? Shimano Disc Brake Adaptors > Components > Brakes > Brake Adapters | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Also it says on that "Does not come with bolts" would that hardware be with the brakes or something else I need to buy?

thanks again

mtbr member
    Well the brake calipers will come with 2 bolts, and usually the adapter comes with the other 2 bolts. I ordered adapters solely from Universalcycles.com and they always came with hardware.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHRESHKHID View Post
    So I just ordered all my parts for my new build, going to be using a Blindside, and my concern right now is will the 180mm rotors that I wanted fit the bike as is or will I need brake adaptors. I will be running a Fox talas 36 180/140 front shock. I just need to know if and what else I need to get the 180mm rotors to work for both front and rear.

I need to know asap, as this build has to be done by the 12 for my Highland trip.. Thanks

So again
    Blindside frame
    Fox 36 Talas 180/140
    Transition - Revolution 32 150 Wheelset (Version 4)

If you guys need to know any other parts in the build, please lmk.
    Blindside has 135 or 142 rear spacing depending on which version frame you have. You list revolution 32 150 wheels.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rideut View Post
    Blindside has 135 or 142 rear spacing depending on which version frame you have. You list revolution 32 150 wheels.
    F*** my life, your right, nice catch. Guess Im gonna have to send back the wheels. Ugh thats what I got for not asking before ordering. Im new to MTB building so its my fault either way. But thank you!

mtbr member
    F*** my life, your right, nice catch. Guess Im gonna have to send back the wheels. Ugh thats what I got for not asking before ordering. Im new to MTB building so its my fault either way. But thank you!
    We all have to start somewhere. My Honzo is my first built bike from the frame up that I assembled myself. My previous 2 (On-One 456 SS and Transition TransAM) were both built by my LBS. Definitely a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, especially with the right tools, assembling a bike now is a piece of cake. Only thing I haven't mastered yet is setting up my drivetrain. I let my shop take care of that on this build. And pressing in the headset cups. This winter I'm hoping to play around with the shift cables and derailleur adjustment so I can learn that too.

mtbr member
    Glad I could help. Blindside is a great ride, you are going to love it. Post pics of your build.