Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)

Santa dropped off my christmas present to myself today.

I'll build it up tonight after work or tomorrow during the day and the shakedown ride will be on christmas afternoon.

mtbr member

Opening up a new frame and seeing it for the first time in person is awesome, isn't it?
    '12 Soma Analog SS
    '10 Transition TransAM
    '07 Felt F1X
    '97 Schwinn Mesa SS
    '89 Fuji Saratoga
    '86 Fuji Club

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Nice! 6.07lbs is good news. I was fearing the production frames would be closer to 7lbs for a medium.

etruscan biker
    Looks really good, weight is not that bad... but I'm still not totally convinced about those dropouts

Just roll it......
    Nice dude.....looks really sweet.

I'm hoping to pick mine up next week (along with some pit bike action in the snow).

Cheers,
    EB

NICE KID...NICE

Looks Tight

Cant wait to see it built and ripped. Enjoy..
    "At that point man, your just riding your bike."

Transition

Pedalshop

check your six
    Sweet! I am excited to see the build. What are the specs your going with? Fork?
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Nice! 6.07lbs is good news. I was fearing the production frames would be closer to 7lbs for a medium.
    That included the seat collar and the dropout inserts. Those items weighed 53 grams so bare frame weight is 2704 grams. Not a big deal but put it out there for informational purposes.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenz0
    Looks really good, weight is not that bad... but I'm still not totally convinced about those dropouts
    I was just playing with them. It is actually a clever design. Lightweight and seems like it will hold well once clamped around a wheel. I'll snap another close up of that area after dinner.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    Sweet! I am excited to see the build. What are the specs your going with? Fork?
    Stem and bar: syncros
    triggers and RD: X9
    FD: SLX two ring specific
    Cranks: Stylo w/ Gamut bash (borrowed off my covert)
    Fork: Vanilla RLC (again borrowed from covert)
    Wheels: I9 Enduro

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    I'm hoping to pick mine up next week (along with some pit bike action in the snow).
    Cool, yer gettin one?!
    You getting a small? A full bike or stealing parts off something else?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Dropout pics

etruscan biker
    Great pics; I reckon it's a smart solution since it involves just a few parts and, probably, removing the QR lever from the hub is not a great issue. A "plus" is the fact that you can replace the derailleur hanger while in most steel frames it's included in the dropouts (steel usually doesn't snap, but it can bend). But, IMHO, the most effective solution for singlespeedability (?) is using Paragon sliding dropouts

i like rocks
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenz0
    But, IMHO, the most effective solution for singlespeedability (?) is using Paragon sliding dropouts
    noooooo yuk! i hate the paragon sliding dropouts!! i really dig transitions solution.

either that, or go with EVIL sliding dropouts.
    Tim M Hovey

IMBA CAMBr COMBA BMA
    Transition Bottlerocket
    Gary Fisher Rig
    Blk Mrkt MOB 4x
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 F350 PSD

Just roll it......
    Cool, yer gettin one?!
    You getting a small? A full bike or stealing parts off something else?
    Yeah, not sure which size yet. I'll give a couple sizes a ride before deciding.

Most parts will be a new build. Likely gonna run it as a singlespeed for my winter bike......hoping to get in better shape.

EB

AW_
    locked - time out
    Looks sweet!

I like how they added the third cable guide on the top tube. About time someone figured that out!

Justin Vander Pol
    I've got a BRIGHT orange Large one sitting in my shop right now. 6.3 lbs with dropouts - not bad! Nice paint job - metal flake in there. It's bright. I usually go for understaed colors, bit figured, WFT, might as well go day-glo. Besides, now those drunk russian hunters won't shoot me

But here's the dealeo - I never knew building up a frame could be so hard. The parts are fine, just swapping my old crap over from my busted Azonic. But jeezus, the sticker options are making my head spin! I can't figure it out - maybe my non-biking wife needs to come down to the basement and provide some consulting.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I've got a BRIGHT orange Large one sitting in my shop right now. 6.3 lbs with dropouts - not bad! Nice paint job - metal flake in there. It's bright. I usually go for understaed colors, bit figured, WFT, might as well go day-glo. Besides, now those drunk russian hunters won't shoot me

Ummmm.......Helloooooooo..............Pics???

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I've got a BRIGHT orange Large one sitting in my shop right now. But jeezus, the sticker options are making my head spin!
    I'd throw the blue stickers on.

Likely gonna run it as a singlespeed for my winter bike......hoping to get in better shape.
    EB
    Cool! You gonna shave your chest?

Quote Originally Posted by euroford
    noooooo yuk! i hate the paragon sliding dropouts!! i really dig transitions solution.
    Just out of curiousity, what don't you like about the paragons?
    They provide adjustable chainstay length which seems like a good thing.
    Plus, your disc brake tabs are guaranteed to be aligned with your drop-out, and can be replaced if the threads get stripped.

Let's see those pics Juice!
    Happy holidays.

Justin Vander Pol
    I had to spend most of the day cleaning and cooking up a cassoulet since we're having fam over tomorrow.

But here she is. All ready to ride, just needs stickers. The only thing I really need is a longer stem, poached the 40mm off my big sled, and I think I'll run 55 on this rig - you know, super long since it's my "xc" bike.

I really like the way the bike looks, all clean and stealth. I think I"ll go super low-profile with the stickers. We'll see.

Since this is whay my yard looked like last night, and it's supposed to be super sloppy snow-rain mix for the next week, it might be a while before I get a virgin ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Teaser Pics

I didn't get to finish my build today as I hoped. Daughter, cleaning, and cooking for the next two days of family and friends took precedence. Here are some teaser shots until friday or saturday when I get a chance to finish.

etruscan biker
    Looks nice in large size too

I was thinking to Chromag for a "all-duties" hardtail, but this bike is really tempting me. Probably the fact I don't like those dropouts won't be a great issue

BTW... merry Christmas!

Just roll it......
    Cool! You gonna shave your chest?
    Definitely.......just got a new high powered razor courtesy of Santa and my mother-in-law! Note my X-mas sweater!

Just roll it......
    I had to spend most of the day cleaning and cooking up a cassoulet since we're having fam over tomorrow.

But here she is. All ready to ride, just needs stickers. The only thing I really need is a longer stem, poached the 40mm off my big sled, and I think I'll run 55 on this rig - you know, super long since it's my "xc" bike.
    Awesome JVP. Stoked for ya! I've yet to see the orange in person, but Kevin was describing it and says it's got a silver undercoat that looks killer.

EB

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Definitely.......just got a new high powered razor courtesy of Santa and my mother-in-law! Note my X-mas sweater!
    Thats awesome dude!

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast