Quote Originally Posted by sroman
    awesome changin TA lowball !!!
    Thanks!!!! I love this bike!!!
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member

Build complete!

Here are some porcch shots of mine all shiny before I got her dirty for the first time today....planning on using the Labor Day weekend to get acquainted properly......this bike is what it's all about....fun in the woods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-img_2271.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-img_2276.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-img_2278.jpg  

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by bross77
    Here are some porcch shots of mine all shiny before I got her dirty for the first time today....planning on using the Labor Day weekend to get acquainted properly......this bike is what it's all about....fun in the woods.
    Did you get her nice an dirty-dirty????

What'ch think???
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    very nice ride! you re rigth..... its what it's all about, any ride coments?

mtbr member
    Labor day weekend rides were great....just took some minor tweaks to get her feeling perfect.....swapped out 60mm for a 75 stem and slapped some crank bros candys on there after an unexpected pedal bashing sudden dismount.........still haven't weighed her in yet to see where final build is now.....supposedly after reading all the 1x9 forums I'm "supposed" to have a short cage derailleur but oh well. I'm back out tomorro for more! cheers.

mtbr member
    Anyone find any good seatpost clamps for the TA? The stock clamp has been slipping (my Vagrant had the same problem until I got a Hope) and I wanted to get another. Unfortunately it looks like Hope doesn't make one in the correct size of 32.8 nor do most any other company.

EDIT - Read through the thread again and it looks like people are getting the 32mm clamps to work. That should give me some options. I really wish this bike had been built with a larger seattube so I could run more adjustable seatposts and normal clamp sizes.
    '15 Soma Wolverine '12 Soma Analog SS '10 Transition TransAM '07 Felt F1X '97 Schwinn Mesa SS '89 Fuji Saratoga '86 Fuji Club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glynis27
    I really wish this bike had been built with a larger seattube so I could run more adjustable seatposts and normal clamp sizes.
    That would be nice to see on the bike. Maybe the next version.

Propr
    Anyone find any good seat post clamps for the TA? The stock clamp has been slipping (my Vagrant had the same problem until I got a Hope) and I wanted to get another. Unfortunately it looks like Hope doesn't make one in the correct size of 32.8 nor do most any other company.

EDIT - Read through the thread again and it looks like people are getting the 32mm clamps to work. That should give me some options. I really wish this bike had been built with a larger seat tube so I could run more adjustable seat posts and normal clamp sizes.
    I tried the 32mm and after a few xc races the lever broke off...basically the threads aren't quite long enough to get a good tight lock down and if you run your post up higher you get way more flex at that location...if you could find a longer bolt to thread in it would still work...

I'm back on the factory issue QR.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by in the trees
    That would be nice to see on the bike. Maybe the next version.
    I thought there was one company that made a post that fits...I want to say KS???

EDIT - GD makes a 30.0.
    Last edited by Lowball; 09-15-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowball
    I thought there was one company that made a post that fits...I want to say KS???

EDIT - GD makes a 30.0.
    Yeah, but going to a larger size would give a bunch more options.
    '15 Soma Wolverine '12 Soma Analog SS '10 Transition TransAM '07 Felt F1X '97 Schwinn Mesa SS '89 Fuji Saratoga '86 Fuji Club

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigiugueto
    Don't think the DropNzone powdercoating works for the TA, and If it does i've never seen one??
    is this true?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by troublemaker
    is this true?
    they will do any transition!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Just ordered a TransAM for myself from DropnZone. Those guys were/are great to work with and put up with my annoying questions. Oh, I got a green Med!

EDIT: Can anyone recommend a good fork for the TransAM? I feel like the fork that Transition specs for the bike is too nice for me and I might not need it.
    Last edited by swmarc; 09-25-2010 at 04:30 PM.

mtbr member

EDIT - GD makes a 30.0.
    I think that GD only make a 30.9 version (not 30.0). So I think the use of the 27.2 post and a shim is still necessary.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swmarc
    EDIT: Can anyone recommend a good fork for the TransAM? I feel like the fork that Transition specs for the bike is too nice for me and I might not need it.
    The new RS Sektor might be a good option if you are looking for a lower cost alternative.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The new RS Sektor might be a good option if you are looking for a lower cost alternative.
    I will check that out. I am pretty much a suspension newbie and have always rode what was on the bike when I bought it. This is the first bike that I have a chance to build up and I am afraid of making a bad choice. I might just stick with Fox...
    Last edited by swmarc; 09-26-2010 at 08:05 PM.

Propr
    I think that GD only make a 30.9 version (not 30.0). So I think the use of the 27.2 post and a shim is still necessary.
    GD makes the 30.0.

Quote Originally Posted by GD
    Thank you for your e-mail. According to the Transition website, your seat post should be a 30.0mm If you could confirm this we can get you into a Gravitydropper without a problem.

Let me know if you have any other questions. We look forward to your business!!

At your service!

Caleb Allred
    Gravitydropper Seatpost
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    GD makes the 30.0.
    With a shim to fit with the 27.2mm post just so you are aware. Not that using a seatpost shim is necessarily bad, but some people just prefer not to. The 30.0mm seattube is a little limiting.

Propr
    With a shim to fit with the 27.2mm post just so you are aware. Not that using a seatpost shim is necessarily bad, but some people just prefer not to. The 30.0mm seattube is a little limiting.
    Got it...his e-mail was misleading then because he doesn't mention a shim...but upon further investigation...looks I stand corrected.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Hey Lowball...what all is involved with taking off the rear wheel using the thru axle rear and chaintugs? That is basically the setup I was looking to use.

mtbr member
    May 2008

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can anyone point me to a site that will explain how to get the headset/fork together?

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by squads
    Hey Lowball...what all is involved with taking off the rear wheel using the thru axle rear and chaintugs? That is basically the setup I was looking to use.

Just back off the CT's a bit and then take the thru-axle all the way out and drop the wheel down. Pretty easy; takes less than a min.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

Propr
    Can anyone point me to a site that will explain how to get the headset/fork together?
    If it's the Transition headset you just drop it in...no tools are necessary. then you just slide the fork thru and throw your stem on to tighten everything up...really easy.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If it's the Transition headset you just drop it in...no tools are necessary. then you just slide the fork thru and throw your stem on to tighten everything up...really easy.

Awesome that is what I thought but it seemed to easy...

mtbr member
    I just sold my RM and am 90+% ready to pull the trigger on a TA. Wondering what front derailluer and seat clamps people are running with the weird 32.8 sizing?

Course if I go with doing a 1x10 I guess the fd doesn't matter.

BTW, swmarc, Sweet Build!!! That's the one I'm drooling over.

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by DSFA
    I just sold my RM and am 90+% ready to pull the trigger on a TA. Wondering what front derailluer and seat clamps people are running with the weird 32.8 sizing?

Course if I go with doing a 1x10 I guess the fd doesn't matter.

BTW, swmarc, Sweet Build!!! That's the one I'm drooling over.
    Yeah I wouldn't even mess with having a front derailleur.

Seat post clamp...I tried a Salsa 32.0 but the bolt was a bit too short and over time it failed...bolt, not the clamp itself. So just running the factor Transition black now.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah I wouldn't even mess with having a front derailleur.
    I'll 2nd that. I am building mine SS to begin with, but I have parts to make it 1x9 if I want to switch back and forth. A FD is not even a consideration.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I don't understand all these seat post/front derall issues? I have had not one single prob with a seat post clamp. Just got the 30.0 seat post, ran the Transtion clamp, have a front derall and have zero issue's. I just ride it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shift96
    I don't understand all these seat post/front derall issues? I have had not one single prob with a seat post clamp. Just got the 30.0 seat post, ran the Transtion clamp, have a front derall and have zero issue's. I just ride it
    That's what I was wondering about. The "issues" would be caused by the TA having a 32.8mm OD seat tube. Der. and seatclamp standards are 31.8 and 34.9 (and 28.6 but that's beside the point) so I was wondering if most people are running undersized 31.8 forced oversize or 34.9 with shims?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm running the clamp that came with it. I'm 220lbs, no issues. My SRAM derall came with a shim to mount it. Standard stuff. no issue's. I haven't even gave it a second thought.

mtbr member

SS again!

siglespeed again.....love the TA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pa100040.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images    

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Green TransAM is all built up. The large is a bit longer than I was anticipating. Its a tad stretched even with a 50mm stem. I think another spacer under the stem would help though. The bike was easy to jump right on and ride. I was amazed at how well it handled in comparison to my 6x6 bike (Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC). It doesn't mash through the knarly the stuff as easily (obviously), but it turns tighter and makes standing and hammering fun again.

Build specs:

Green TransAM Large
    Fox 36 Van
    TBC headset
    Thompson 4X 50mm stem
    Race Face Atlas FR bars (made of pure awesome)
    Oury Lock-Ons
    XT brakes, shifter, RD
    SLX cranks w/32T Blackspire MonoVeloce ring
    PG-990 cassette
    Azonic Outlaws (soon to be Pro2/Flow)
    Kenda Blue Groove front (2.35) Nevegal Rear (2.35)

Once my RM back together this will probably turn into a singlespeed. Also, a 35mm stem might be in order.

I'll add a couple pics later when I get em.

Propr
    Green TransAM is all built up. The large is a bit longer than I was anticipating. Its a tad stretched even with a 50mm stem.

I'll add a couple pics later when I get em.
    Just wondering how tall you are? I almost went with a large and I'm 6'-0"...but the medium has been just right with either a 50 or 70mm depending on riding.

Get them photo up mang!
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

Propr

swmarc!!!! YOU got that thing together yet mang?????
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Just wondering how tall you are? I almost went with a large and I'm 6'-0"...but the medium has been just right with either a 50 or 70mm depending on riding.

Get them photo up mang!
    I am a notch over 6' with lanky arms. I slid the seat rails up about 1/2" before I rode yesterday and it felt just right. Not cramped or long. With a 35mm stem I could center the rails, but it seems like a crazy short length.

Overall, I think the large works well for me. I would likely have to run a longer stem or a setback post for the medium.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    swmarc!!!! YOU got that thing together yet mang?????
    Hah, yeah I have been out riding it! So far it has been a blast it is so nimble compared to my old bike.

Propr
    Hah, yeah I have been out riding it! So far it has been a blast it is so nimble compared to my old bike.
    Looks good! It is a blast!

How is it with gears??? I see you're running the full 18spd right?
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

...abuse these forks.
    Any downtube-crown clearance issues with the Pike?
    Dont pinkbike my mtbr

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Looks good! It is a blast!

How is it with gears??? I see you're running the full 18spd right?
    There are plenty of hills to climb where I ride so I have been enjoying the gears. I wouldnt mind trying out the single speed sometime in the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Now I need to decide what fork to put on this guy when the 36 Van goes back on the Rocky Mountain...I was thinking Float 36

Propr
    My bro's looking for a TransAM frame (new). Lookin' on Drop N Zone's site they don't list it...anyone have any idea if they have them still or some other places I can direct him.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/Dealers.cfm

I just hope they're not sold out already

mtbr member
    May 2008
    My bro's looking for a TransAM frame (new). Lookin' on Drop N Zone's site they don't list it...anyone have any idea if they have them still or some other places I can direct him.

That is who I bought mine through a month ago and they were not listed on their site. You just have to call or email them, but when I bought mine they told me that they were getting low on stock. They were great to deal with and I would recommend them to anyone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yeah stock is definitely low. New ones don't come in stock until march or so is what my local dealer told me, so get em while they are hot.

mtbr member
    Lowball - I saw that transition is selling some older TransAMs on Ebay. I think they were all small frames. They are brand new, they are just the older model. good luck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbgoring
    Lowball - I saw that transition is selling some older TransAMs on Ebay. I think they were all small frames. They are brand new, they are just the older model. good luck.
    *****! So tempting . . .

Bricks Design rider
    Jan 2009

Really nice!

mtbr member
    Well I scored me a used frame today so I'm now O'fficially a TA owner!
    Should have it built before too long, trying to get motivated to freeze my bum off and work on it tonight.
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    l dig those Breezer-ish drop outs they're using. Breezer's design is one of the best drop-out on the market -- bomb proof!!!
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

mtbr member
    Got my TA thrown together...just in time for our 2nd snow day, Doh!
    Just pieced it up with parts I had laying around so definitely not how it's staying but at least I got it rideable so I could check out the fit and geometry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-downsized_1114000743.jpg  

Bikes=Sanity

Propr
    Quote Originally Posted by DSFA
    Got my TA thrown together...just in time for our 2nd snow day, Doh!
    Just pieced it up with parts I had laying around so definitely not how it's staying but at least I got it rideable so I could check out the fit and geometry.
    Still looks pretty sweet for "parts I had laying around."

Now go ride in the snow and tell us how you like it!
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Still looks pretty sweet for "parts I had laying around."
    Thanks. I guess should say most of the parts are meant to be used for this build (fork, wheels, brakes). Going to change cranks and add gears, I'm too fat and out of shape for SSing! Missing ''extra" shifters and derailleurs so that's why it's a SS.
    Going to swap bars and stem out too, but want to ride it a bit and figure out stem length.

Now go ride in the snow and tell us how you like it!
    That's tomorrows plan!
    Bikes=Sanity

Propr
    Just in case you guys haven't checked out Transitions website lately...looks like it's also on pinkbike.

<object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='AllowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/167243' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/167243' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' AllowScriptAccess='always' /></embed></object>
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=Lowball]Just in case you guys haven't checked out Transitions website lately...looks like it's also on pinkbike.

Thanks Lowball, hadn't seen it.

mtbr member
    Very cool vid!
    Just the kind of riding I love to do....get out and ride!
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    [Cross-post..]

My winter (harsh California winter) bike got a new fork (Sektor RL Coil U-turn 150) and new wheels (Nukeproof). It also got new tires, which are not too good, but I got them for free in a raffle.

Fork needs a firmer spring. Travel indicator is where I got it by bunnyhopping around my house.

Bars are comfortable (Origin8 Spacebar), but I am not sure they are robust enough. Maybe will go for TItec H-bar.

TransAm. BB7 with Paul levers. Thomson. Flite saddle. Stylo cranks.

My knees are not good enough for single speeding local hills. I think I should get Hammerschmidt. 24x18 should be low enough.

27.1lb as pictured.

I have red hair
    ^^^ That thing looks friggin cool, nice job
    "I don't believe in brakes, all they do is slow you down"

think
    Jul 2008
    Nice Curmy. Bike looks good. I recently rode a Sektor, it's pretty good.

How do you like those Nukeproofs?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    very nice AM's.

ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    [Cross-post..]
    Why you have a red dial for the rebound? I just bought the same Sektor and has a simple screw in black down there...
    Hate you!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetless
    Why you have a red dial for the rebound? I just bought the same Sektor and has a simple screw in black down there...
    Hate you!
    Hm... Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bad news
    How do you like those Nukeproofs?
    I like the color. This is a welded Sun Ringle MTX 29 rim, so I think they will be just fine in that department. Hubs are reasonably quite, reasonably fast engaging and the built is well done for a factory wheel. Will see how they last. Weight was, if I remember correctly - I did not care much - around 1200g rear and 1050g front..

I also liked the price on Chainreaction - with their 10% off everything promotion on top and free delivery. Took about a week to get to CA from UK.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    Hm... Indeed.
    Sorry, just saying... you're lucky. Does nothing to do with ya.

Maybe the Sektor you have is specific for the american market.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    From Spain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-br10122010876.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-br0.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-brs1.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-brs2.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-bram3.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sas2
    From Spain
    pero qué bici más maja!! una pasada!! (damn good bike, looks awesome)

mtbr member
    Nice Build! Looks amazing! Is that a float32 150mm?

think
    Jul 2008
    That's a 36.

Nice bike.

mtbr member
    How many 6'4" people riding a large size frame? How's it ride and feel?

Anyone know of any white or pewter large frames for sale?

New or gently used would be great. All Transition has left I heard is red until spring.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    So, has anybody found a 32.8 seat collar apart from the original?
    the closest i have found is a 32 but i know some tried this size with not very good results.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek

Anyone know of any white or pewter large frames for sale?

New or gently used would be great. All Transition has left I heard is red until spring.

I'm 6'2" and have a large. lots of seat post, and a 90mm, 10deg raise stem, DH raiser bars. SS and it fits very well (for me) super balanced. 34" inseam.

at 6'4" you might be on the tall side for the L. but it depends if you like smaller frames. I take it you can't try one first.

b
    b

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc
    I'm 6'2" and have a large. lots of seat post, and a 90mm, 10deg raise stem, DH raiser bars. SS and it fits very well (for me) super balanced. 34" inseam.

at 6'4" you might be on the tall side for the L. but it depends if you like smaller frames. I take it you can't try one first.

b
    Same inseam here and unfortunately I can't test one anywhere near me in Chicago, and I'm not a fan of super extended seatposts which would be a normal occurrence as I planned on using it for aggressive singletrack use.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I believe the seattube on the L is something like 19.5 or 19.75". That is a pretty good amount to work with. Get a Thompson 400mm 30.0 and you will be in good shape.

I am 6'1" 33" inseam riding a large and I feel I could have gone with either Med or Large and been able to tweak either one to fit.

mtbr member
    Same inseam here and unfortunately I can't test one anywhere near me in Chicago, and I'm not a fan of super extended seatposts which would be a normal occurrence as I planned on using it for aggressive singletrack use.

Why not a fan? Ascetics? the frame is strong enough to handle it provided you use a good post that's long enough to not exceed the min insertion. I love that I can slam the seat and completely change the bike. yet have it extended for some long trail rides. I live in PHX and ride this on some rather aggressive trails.

b
    b

Propr
    For reference: I'm 6'-0" w/34" inseam and I'm on a Med. Fits good with a 70mm stem for me and I use it for all types of riding on single speed. Longest ride so far is 18miles and about 3000' of climbing and it was still comfortable for me at that distance.

+1 on the 400mm post
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

yelgatgab
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sas2
    So, has anybody found a 32.8 seat collar apart from the original?
    the closest i have found is a 32 but i know some tried this size with not very good results.
    Thanks
    I've been running a Salsa 32 with no problems.

mtbr member

santa!!!

transition hubs and tugs just arrived!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pc230036.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pc230037.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pc230038.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pc230039.jpg  

Propr
    transition hubs and tugs just arrived!!!
    sroman- what gearing are you running?? I couldn't really get my tugs to work and still have the brake disk not rub...don't quite understand it. Still using some modified tugs.

P.S. hubs look good mang!
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    sroman- what gearing are you running?? I couldn't really get my tugs to work and still have the brake disk not rub...don't quite understand it. Still using some modified tugs.
    I had to move a steel washer towards the adapter on BB7 calipers to tilt it slightly after the wheel was moved half link worth back in the dropouts.

I can see it may be a problem with some caliper/rotor combination - if they do not have those alignment washers like on Avid brakes. Just adding a washer may make bolt to be skewed.

mtbr member

tugs

thanks lowball
    im runing 32-18, spacers are atom lab singlespeed kit, back rotor avid 180mm and transition tugs, yesterday was the first ride....steep climbs, roots, rocks and no issues with chain tension
    love my TA!!

Propr
    thanks lowball
    im runing 32-18, spacers are atom lab singlespeed kit, back rotor avid 180mm and transition tugs, yesterday was the first ride....steep climbs, roots, rocks and no issues with chain tension
    love my TA!!
    any issue with the disk hanging up on the caliper from it not being exactly centered?
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Here's a couple of pics after getting home from riding with my son yesterday.
    Got the fit dialed in pretty good now, thinking about getting it painted this winter.
    Can't have a completed project now, know what I mean?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pict0002.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-pict0003.jpg  

Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

1 x 9

Happy New Year crew,

Well, I tried but I just couldn't get the single speed thing working to my liking. Too many dropped chains and skewed wheels.

For 2011 I'm going 1 x 9,

Specs:
    e thirteen xcx chain guide
    race face chain ring 38T
    xtr shifter
    saint derailleur
    xt cassette
    goodridge cable clear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-180.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-181.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-189.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-190.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-192.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-193.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    38t may be to big.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gunt pimp
    38t may be to big.
    No worries pimp, she rarely gets pointed up hill, more just traversing to the trail head. I'm lucky enough to have all the local mountains serviced by cable cars, lazy I know but I'm a downhiller at heart.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    no bashguard on that guy?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Right on Sup. Nice bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    no bashguard on that guy?
    Nah, it's a pretty trail specific setup, I've got soft soil and clean drops, no rock gardens or other obstacles that would pose a problem.

think
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by supertucanos
    No worries pimp, she rarely gets pointed up hill, more just traversing to the trail head. I'm lucky enough to have all the local mountains serviced by cable cars, lazy I know but I'm a downhiller at heart.
    Nah, it's a pretty trail specific setup, I've got soft soil and clean drops, no rock gardens or other obstacles that would pose a problem.
    Where is this and how do I get there?

Bike looks rad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Finally Done

Finally got the build done. Here are the specs:

Fork: Fox 32 Talas 150
    Wheels: Hope Pro II hubs laced to Mavic EN321's
    Tires: Maxxis High Rollers 2.35
    Bars: Sunline V1
    Stem: Sunline V1 AM
    Brakes: Shimano SLX
    Shifters: SRAM X9
    Der: SRAM X9
    Cranks: Truvativ Stylo
    Seat Post: Thomson
    Saddle: WTB Silverado

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bad news
    Where is this and how do I get there?

Bike looks rad.
    All I'll say is that you'd probably need to get on a plane.

Glad you like the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Another Trans AM from Spain! I hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-foto0055-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-foto0056-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-foto0062-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  

think
    Jul 2008
    All I'll say is that you'd probably need to get on a plane.

Glad you like the bike.
    I like air travel.

mtbr member
    Bike in #490 looks awesome. I wish Transition would return with a white frame again.
    konahonzo

Mechanic
    Feb 2007
    Other than an incoherent color scheme it is about as complete as I care to make it. Domain 302 U-Turn 20mm. Chris King/ Stan's Flow wheel set. 30lbs 10oz.
    It has arrived - TransAM (pics)-transam-002s.jpg

The Tyranical Teabagger
    Did any of you guys have to face the bb shell? I just got my Race Face crank this week and am installing today...just curious.
    I like bikes.
    2012 Transition TransAm 29er
    2010 Rigid Salsa Selma SS
    2015 Transition Smuggler
    2015 Cannondale Scalpel

greedy
    Finally got mine built up this week. I was a little hesitant to build another hardtail after being on a 6" full suspension for so long, but I can't even put into words how much I have enjoyed just the few rides I've had on this bike so far.

Addicted to the Classifieds

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Now with some new Avid Elixir-R brakes and SRAM x. ten speed stuff for the back end.

Sadly, there is still a crap load of snow everyplace around here. Snow and ice isn't horrible to ride on once packed down, but it isn't going to really let me get a good feel for the new stuff. Dry dirt is a few months off. Ugh.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    To TA SS Users - Out of curiosity, how is the caliper/rotor alignment effected by rear axle position in the dropout? Any issues?

Propr
    To TA SS Users - Out of curiosity, how is the caliper/rotor alignment effected by rear axle position in the dropout? Any issues?
    On my set up chain length and gear selection does come into play. If the wheele is too far forward or rearward the disk rubs on the caliper. So depending on gearing I have to mess around with the chain/links and/or half-link to get things dialed in...but again it only happens when changing gearing.

I was xc racing on my ss TA and as I was getting stronger I kept switching the gearing to something harder to make me go faster in the flats. But for my local ride which is anywhere from 11 to 22 miles I tent to stay with the 34/20 due to the climbing...and it probably would actually be better to go with a 34/21 or something like a 32/20. It just makes sense because you can climb pretty fast w/o too much stress and/or energy loss and then just flow the dh stuff...you just spin out on the flats...

This is the 1st ss bike I've ever run and I love it! One of my friend is running a fully rigid 29er...he can still own me on the climbs but I still destroy on the dh and also... ... the jumps...jumping on a 29'er with xc style angles is just a bit dangerous IMO...so the 26" TA wins The angles on the TA just make it so versatile for all types of riding.
    Last edited by Lowball; 02-01-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    10 TransAM 1x9
    S-Works M2
    Nomad3cc xx1

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iagoperkele
    Another Trans AM from Spain! I hope you like it.
    iagoperkele ....me gusta!!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 45