Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    I agree that the old ones looked WAY better than the new ones.

That's not saying the new ones look bad but just not as good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucwil
    I got all my stuff through a local shop, they stock a few transition frames and goodies and I just happened to walk in the day they got that one in haha. I'm assuming you've checked dealer locator? A lot of shops don't stock transition stuff but will order it for you.
    Yeah, I used the dealer locator and found on about 2 hours away. I'm going to the shop in my town tomorrow so I'll see if they can order one for me. I hope so! All these pics are getting me excited haha beautiful bikes everyone and thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Introducing my new TransAM. Incredibly all-use bike, with a really similar geometry as my Covert...I love my TransAM!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    just got my trans am frame the other day. For those of you saying your bummed that it doesn't have iscg mounts, pretty sure all the new frames will, because mine has the. Hammerschmidt in the near future perhaps. Have yet to ride, will try and post pics.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yay for iscg!

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by spoker247
    just got my trans am frame the other day. For those of you saying your bummed that it doesn't have iscg mounts, pretty sure all the new frames will, because mine has the. Hammerschmidt in the near future perhaps. Have yet to ride, will try and post pics.
    Got mine too. Well, after getting one that was dented and having to send it back. What a kick in the nuts!

Yuppers! It has a ISCG tabs on it.

This frame looks great and rides amazingly well. Well enough, that I'm willing to let some annoyances slide.

Couple of things that I'm not so stoked on:
    - Doesn't actually fit an 8 inch rotor if you are running the derailleur hanger on it for non-single speed. Mine cut into the chain stay just trying to put the wheel in. Not too big of an issue, since I should be running a 7 incher on there for this type of bike. Web site say up to 8 inches, so I was annoyed by cutting into my chain stay.
    - Paint doesn't seem to be much more durable than the stuff on my Preston.
    - Thru-axle can be a ***** to get through the TBC hub sometimes.
    - 32.8mm seat clamp size. Good luck finding something other than the one that came with the bike. Very strange.
    - Lots of paint spray overlap into the seat tube and BB threads. I've had to go through and take a bunch out so my stuff fits. I would expect it to be ready out of the box for $650.
    - My first frame came with no stickers on it and I was stoked to be able to put my own on it. Second frame comes with a sticker pack, but already has orange stickers on there? WTF? No I have to take a heat gun to the frame to get the old ones off. On top of that, why put orange ones on and them give me more orange ones in the package with the blue and silver? Again, WTF?

Bricks Design rider
    Jan 2009

Does anyone here can explain me how to replace the rear wheel WITHOUT replacing these 2 black parts?
    I've made a flat tire, and had to unscrew these ones to replace the wheel...strange, and boring.

By the way, some of you have ISCCG tabs? It's not my case...
    And yes, the paint is quiet frail...
    But I love my TransAM!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    got mine today, no iscg mounts and had a small dent in the headtube, but nothing major. I'm not going to send it back as I am not waiting another 4weeks for it to arrive. I'm sure it will be just fine. No stickers on mine either which is great, overall its looking like a great frame and looking forward to start building it up. Will post up some build pics as it goes.
    Also no issues with overspray etc its all looking good!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    mine came with stickers on it as well, and had chase the threads on the bb, non-drive side was fine but drive side was horrible. Is it just me or is it a giant pain in the ass to take the rear wheel out? I thought it was just going to be like taking a wheel off a bike with abp, just pull the skewer and done. I know you need to pull the rear wheel adapters off and hence the rear der. I also have to take my rear brake off because the rotor does not clear the caliper, i'm only running a 6" rotor. Anyone else have this problem? rode it for the first time yesterday and it was a blast.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by wombo
    got mine today, no iscg mounts and had a small dent in the headtube, but nothing major. I'm not going to send it back as I am not waiting another 4weeks for it to arrive. I'm sure it will be just fine. No stickers on mine either which is great, overall its looking like a great frame and looking forward to start building it up. Will post up some build pics as it goes.
    Also no issues with overspray etc its all looking good!
    Oh crap. I think you might have got mine?

Did it have a dent in the top flange of the head tube?

Send it back dude. Don't screw around. I would be very sad if they reshipped the frame out to someone else. Or maybe there was some hackjob at the painters that bashed the frames the same way.

You paid a lot of money for a steel hardtail. Send it back, please! If there is one thing Transition does the ebst in the industry, is take care of warranty replacements.

plus, you KNOW you want the ISCG tabs. So sexy.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by freeride333

Does anyone here can explain me how to replace the rear wheel WITHOUT replacing these 2 black parts?
    I've made a flat tire, and had to unscrew these ones to replace the wheel...strange, and boring.

By the way, some of you have ISCCG tabs? It's not my case...
    And yes, the paint is quiet frail...
    But I love my TransAM!
    You don't need to have those screws in there. They hold in fine with the forward hooked piece. Mine does not have screws BTW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    You don't need to have those screws in there. They hold in fine with the forward hooked piece. Mine does not have screws BTW.
    This the only thing I dont like about my TransAM

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Oh crap. I think you might have got mine?

Did it have a dent in the top flange of the head tube?

Send it back dude. Don't screw around. I would be very sad if they reshipped the frame out to someone else. Or maybe there was some hackjob at the painters that bashed the frames the same way.

You paid a lot of money for a steel hardtail. Send it back, please! If there is one thing Transition does the ebst in the industry, is take care of warranty replacements.

plus, you KNOW you want the ISCG tabs. So sexy.
    Yeah thats the dent I had in the top front of the flange.
    I notified the bike shop and they have photos etc so, so long as the headset is ok then i'm fine. I just cannot wait another 4weeks for it to be here. Its not huge and the shop said it shouldnt affect the headset.
    As for ISCG mounts i'm not a big fan of them, I'm running it for xc/am so wont ever use it.
    When I put the headset in i'll see and take it from there.
    Cheers for advice

Bricks Design rider
    Jan 2009

No screw? Strange...mine are clipsed and screwed, but TBC answered me to replace these two parts to access to the rear wheel, so...

ohhman
    The Steed.

Med TransAm
    2010 Fox 32 Float RLC 15 QR
    Sram XO shift/Der.
    Noir 1.1 Cranks
    Elixer CR Carbon Brakes
    Gravity Carbon Riser Bar
    Dt Swiss EX1750 Wheels
    Gamut Guide
    Thomson Post and stem

26lbs

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by salmansp
    The Steed.
    Very nice
    Hopefully I'll have some cash saved up by next month to begin a build myself. I love the orange color, and the white Fox goes great with it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Damn, Im a little upset that they came out with ISCG mounts on it, that would have made the frame even better than it is. Loving mine so far though, Ive had it since December.

yelgatgab
    Jan 2004
    Got mine today. It's got ISCG tabs, no dropout screws, stickers applied (plus a bag of spares) and a whole shitload of sexy.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    Got mine today. It's got ISCG tabs, no dropout screws, stickers applied (plus a bag of spares) and a whole shitload of sexy.
    Oh, just wait until the paint starts peeling off from air speeds over 20 MPH.

I bought mine for the quality ride and to support a local company. Other than that, the fit and finish on this frame is REALLY pathetic considering the high price.

Unless Transition starts doing better in that regard, this is going to be my last Transition frame. I sold my 2007 Preston because of little quality issues and having completely wrong geo compared to the website. Hopefully the TransAM holds up a bit better, but I doubt I will sell it if it doesn't.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley
    Sweet! I'm still loving my TA and it's my XC/AM bike of choice these days.....probably helps that my fitness has improved for riding SS too!

I rode it with a few buddies last weekend and MattPatt (who was on my arse) was shocked at how fast I was ripping chunder on that bike. There's very little that I won't ride on it that I hit on my 6x6.....mostly just drops with harder landings. The geo combined with a 6" fork and steel really make it a ripper.

Word.
    EB

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Sweet! I'm still loving my TA and it's my XC/AM bike of choice these days.....probably helps that my fitness has improved for riding SS too!

I rode it with a few buddies last weekend and MattPatt (who was on my arse) was shocked at how fast I was ripping chunder on that bike. There's very little that I won't ride on it that I hit on my 6x6.....mostly just drops with harder landings. The geo combined with a 6" fork and steel really make it a ripper.

Word.
    EB
    I gotta say. It does ride so damn smooth! That's why I bought mine.

Best riding hardtail I've ever been on.

yelgatgab
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme

Word.
    EB
    Nice. I got a Chameleon several years ago as something to XC on when I wasn't feeling like lugging the freeride bike around. I ended up using it on just about everything, save for lift and big shuttle days. The aluminum just started taking its toll. I'm looking forward to getting back to the basics, only on some nice, 'soft' steel this time.

I'm still not 100% after my biff last season, so I'm keeping gears for now. I'm thinking SS is inevitable, though. I really like the simplicity of it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Nice bikes guys! Charging camera battery to post up some of my build pics for yahs.
    Finally found a headset that will fit after scouring the state, and at $95 it wants to be GOOD! It did have some pimp carbon fibre for the bearing cover so thats cool and a very nice expanding tube thingy instead of the star nut. The dent did interfere a little but some light tap tapping got it in there with no damage or performance loss to the bearings so that is GOOD!
    Got my floats as well and looking very sexy, its all coming together now, I am hanging to ride it!
    Only thing is I dont want to cut the fork steerer yet until I get the geo settled, anybody know how to get around having lots of steerer tube sticking out? I know i'll need spacers but it looks like i'm gonna need ALOT.

mtbr member
    how much steerer do you need? 15 to 20mm above and below your stem should be plenty shouldn't it? combine with stem length and bar rise. I'm sure you'll love the bike. I love mine. even had it bmx r. brk only for awhile 'til a bail off a skinny got me!
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Here are some pics of the build.
    The one of the grease is my 20month old son getting involved...priceless!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast